IGNORED

When your children isnt interested in God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

What would you say here. It's based on a statement I heard a christian man say.

party.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  543
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,139
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  243
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

my reply would be to tell the  unChristian gossip to mind his own business  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  671
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

my reply would be to tell the  unChristian gossip to mind his own business  

Well . . . yes . . . and no . . . depends on the particular information we know nothing about here . . . 

IF the person is gossiping, then yes. It appears that he is coming to the parents out of concern for the daughter, and the parents. He does point out the obvious, namely it is not right because it shows dis-respect for the parents and God. However, IF gossip is involved, then it needs to be stopped.

My wife and I have experienced 'wayward' children, and I can tell you that it is not fun. Prayer and compassion is what they need. Also, the daughter needs to experience the Holy Spirit's conviction power that leads to repentance (it appears that there is more than just church attendance going on)

So, are we our brothers keeper???  The obvious answer found in Genesis account of Cain and Able is 'yes' we are called to stand with each other and help each other. Sometimes it involves stating the obvious . . . 

And yes . . . I am believing God for a couple of my kids to come back to the Lord . . .  Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  543
  • Content Count:  33,139
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  243
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

should we throw unbelieving children out of the home as was suggested by " clarke " ??? NO NO NO NO NO just because he thinks it " doesnt look right " an 18 year old should be thrown out on the streets  ?????!!!!!!!

I stand by what I said in my earlier reply 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,131
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

A really concerned person would have simply gone to the man in private and asked, " Is Anna ok? We haven't seen her for awhile".

Even if he has concerns about her lifestyle, this didn't have to be a part of the conversation. Furthermore, what constitutes a perfect Christian lifestyle when looking at the outside?  Christians sometimes dance, Christians sometimes have a drink. This doesn't mean we are living the party lifestyle. Even if is is found she is, I think this is mostly a matter of prayer if they see a concern. Not a thing to go around talking about.

Some churches disguise gossip calling it prayer request time. Sam has cancer, I wonder how long he'll live? Did you hear about Wanda? She left her husband.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,660
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

If I read this correctly, Anna is 18.

Why didn't the originator of the text contact her?

Independence and self decision making is vital to a young man or woman.

Doing an end run around them to their parents would be perceived by her

as an insulting development.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  20

This is a long time favorite scripture and for me would apply to this situation.  Jesus came to save the sinner.

Judge Not.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It's fine for the person to be concerned about Anna and to discuss it with her parents.....    but to suggest they not let her live with them is so far over the line, it's off the Clift.  He should have already been praying for her and just told the dad/mom that he's already doing that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

People can be busy bodies when they should mind their own business. There may be reasons that she is not attending Church. Who she associates with and her lifestyle would be a better indication of where she is going. She needs to be prayed for asking God to open her heart to Him and that she will ask Jesus Christ into her heart. Perhaps a person could approach her and tell her they are concerned for her and ask her if everything is ok. That is all we can do. People have choices but with those choices they need to know that sometimes there are consequences. God is the only one who can change the heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

If that picture bothers him, he should see all New Age, Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, and other stuff in video games, shows, movies, and etc. these days. 

The Eastern Religions are hard at work, Yoga their most popular evangelistic tool. (Yoga is major practice in Jainism, Buddhism, and Hinduism, look it up)

The man protesting in the text isn’t wrong. So the parents are ok with their offspring getting exposed to eastern stuff, but not presenting the gospel to their eighteen year old? How will their Anna learn of Christ if she does not hear?: “[13] For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[14] How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? [15] And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” (Romans 10:13-15). I mean kids these days have liturgies of eastern thought in their shows, but oh do not force them to hear about Jesus on Sunday! That’s coercion!  

Pres. Obama was right, this is Post-Christian America. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor