• Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Any suggestions on a color for me?

toenails.jpg

You know,I haven't had any food in 17 hours. It's lunch time and I've suddenly lost my appetite.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13

I would like to have a discussion some time about bossy overbearing women and whimpy men. Seems to be a trend nowadays.

I won't say who it was, but we were out with someone I know and his wife was treating him like a 6 year old. As this was happening my wife was glancing over at me to see my reaction. I think I was rolling my eyes.

I wonder how many families function like this and why?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, Starise said:

I would like to have a discussion some time about bossy overbearing women and whimpy men. Seems to be a trend nowadays.

I won't say who it was, but we were out with someone I know and his wife was treating him like a 6 year old. As this was happening my wife was glancing over at me to see my reaction. I think I was rolling my eyes.

Speaking from personal experience i have a theory.

Because of alot of female led single parent homes, we have  boys growing up without men there to teach them to be men. Little girls however will have women who run homes to teach them to be women who run homes. My parents broke up when i was 4 , while my father was a presence in the home, I didnt have that male guidance.. I did grow up being bossed around by a multitude of women- mother, aunts, older female cousins.

Now as a man, Im learning by myself how a man should be, after years of not knowing because of being taught. So some guys may be like this because they dont know any better due to a lack of guidance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, Starise said:

This is nothing new. Remember the trope from the golden age of film? This stereotype even popped up in silent movies, so this has everything to do with individuals and nothing to do with imaginary culture wars.

What's praiseworthy about the inverse of that trope anyway? An overbearing windbag who's the "lord of his castle" and all that? That's the flesh. I notice what's absent in all of this: kindness, patience, self-control and gentleness, all fruits of the Spirit. A swaggering John Wayne isn't the example set forth in scripture. :rolleyes:

The fellow who is silent might be avoiding endless strife. Husbands and wives are supposed to remain married, right? If his wife bosses him around, is that grounds for "putting her in her place?" No. We are not called upon to return evil for evil, but evil with good.

There's more to most circumstances than meets the eye.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13

40 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Speaking from personal experience i have a theory.

Because of alot of female led single parent homes, we have  boys growing up without men there to teach them to be men. Little girls however will have women who run homes to teach them to be women who run homes. My parents broke up when i was 4 , while my father was a presence in the home, I didnt have that male guidance.. I did grow up being bossed around by a multitude of women- mother, aunts, older female cousins.

Now as a man, Im learning by myself how a man should be, after years of not knowing because of being taught. So some guys may be like this because they dont know any better due to a lack of guidance.

I imagine there is a lot of that going on. I had a dad but he was often away leaving my mother to manage the best she could. I believe the man should be the household leader, but sadly many men don't lead. 

I very much appreciate the help of my wife. I realize I am supposed to call the final shots on many things, even if they are suggested by her. This isn't something I necessarily enjoy sometimes because some decisions can be difficult to make. I always take any input from her into account and often I am flying with her suggestions because they were good ones. A wife with an overbearing bossy personality wouldn't last 10 minutes in my house. And I would NEVER allow myself to be treated the way the person I observed was treated. We would need to have a civil and polite discussion about who is in charge. It goes both ways, the husband needs to love and respect his wife and set the boundaries.

41 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

What's praiseworthy about the inverse of that trope anyway? An overbearing windbag who's the "lord of his castle" and all that? That's the flesh. I notice what's absent in all of this: kindness, patience, self-control and gentleness, all fruits of the Spirit. A swaggering John Wayne isn't the example set forth in scripture. :rolleyes:

Two wrongs will never make a right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Unfortunately, many people don't perceive that the true beauty comes from the heart and that we ought to be as Jesus made us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Any suggestions on a color for me?

Oh my! Makes me sorry I said anything!

• Haha 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This and another thread seem like judging on appearances 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Oh my! Makes me sorry I said anything!

LOL :24:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

31 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Maybe some people just like to be noticed.

My friend wears, the most brightest colours imaginable, well, you can see her coming a mile off,😂😅🤣

I have a pair of pink jogging pants, I was waiting for the bus once and as always I put my hand out for it to stop, as I was boarding the bus, the bus driver said, you needn’t have put your hand out, I saw you a mile off,😂🤣each  to their own I guess..

Or it makes them happy to wear bright colors. 

• Thumbs Up 1