Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I dream a good bit and I've never had a "good" dream.  Always bizzare and/or a little frightening.  And they are very realistic.

Here are two examples that are strange, but not too disturbing.

• I was at my deceased grandparents' house and my family was getting ready to go on a trip.  We were packing.  Every time I got something packed or cleaned up, another mess popped up.  All of a sudden a terrible and damaging storm blew up and rain and winds were wreaking havoc outside.  I saw a squirrel hanging on for dear life on the outside ledge of the window.  I ran over to it and shouted, "Are you OK?  Do you need some help?"  He shouted,  "I'm OK right now, but I can't find my family!!!"  After the storm died down, I ran outside and found him.  He was frantically looking for his family.  I helped him look.  We found  them lying on the ground and they didn't make it.  He began to cry and cry and cry.  I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there with my head bowed and had a moment of silence. [Crazy, I know! But it was so very real.] :wacko:

• Secondly, I dreamed one night,  very vividly, that a large dinosaur was chasing me!  I saw what looked like a castle and a I dashed inside and tried to hide in a closet, but realized that he saw me and knew where I was.  So I dashed out of the closet and into a very large and open room.  Large than a gymnasium.  The only thing there was a huge bed - big enough for a dinosaur.  On the bed were playing cards - oversized, of course.  Somehow, I knew the dinosaur loved to play cards and I thought I could distract him with a game until I could get away.  I had to let him win or he would gobble me up, but I had to let him lose just enough for him to not know I was letting him win.  So we play several rounds of Go Fish.  Suddenly ANOTHER dinosaur came in the back door and the one I was playing cards with got distracting and went to fight him.  I ran like the wind out the front door!

Anyone else dream like this?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

No, but yours make good reading.  You should write them down in a diary so you can make a book of them.  Your talking squirrels and card playing dinosaurs are pretty amusing when you aren't being chased in a dream.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I have a very active dream world :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

No. But, in the last months, I had dreamt with my father who already passed away.

In this morning, for instance, I dreamt that a man was on my father trying to choke him and I put my hands in the head of this man, asking Jesus to work in his mind and, by and by, he was loosing my father until leave him. So, I called my father to come out with me and I awaked.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, but I don't usually like what I dream.  It is full of the world, just like my every day life due to still living this life, waiting to go home.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I dream a lot. Usually good dreams. At one time i was able to change my dreams. For instance if i was having a nightmare in the dream i would think this isnt good and switch it to something pleasant. There have been times when the dreams had meaning. I dont usually talk about those.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.55
  • Days Won:  5

I believe that everyone dream, but not everyone remember what they have dreamed. 

I do remember some of my dreams, and those who I believe are from the Lord, I always remember in details and can tell them after many years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

I dream a good bit and I've never had a "good" dream.  Always bizzare and/or a little frightening.  And they are very realistic.

Here are two examples that are strange, but not too disturbing.

• I was at my deceased grandparents' house and my family was getting ready to go on a trip.  We were packing.  Every time I got something packed or cleaned up, another mess popped up.  All of a sudden a terrible and damaging storm blew up and rain and winds were wreaking havoc outside.  I saw a squirrel hanging on for dear life on the outside ledge of the window.  I ran over to it and shouted, "Are you OK?  Do you need some help?"  He shouted,  "I'm OK right now, but I can't find my family!!!"  After the storm died down, I ran outside and found him.  He was frantically looking for his family.  I helped him look.  We found  them lying on the ground and they didn't make it.  He began to cry and cry and cry.  I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there with my head bowed and had a moment of silence. [Crazy, I know! But it was so very real.] :wacko:

• Secondly, I dreamed one night,  very vividly, that a large dinosaur was chasing me!  I saw what looked like a castle and a I dashed inside and tried to hide in a closet, but realized that he saw me and knew where I was.  So I dashed out of the closet and into a very large and open room.  Large than a gymnasium.  The only thing there was a huge bed - big enough for a dinosaur.  On the bed were playing cards - oversized, of course.  Somehow, I knew the dinosaur loved to play cards and I thought I could distract him with a game until I could get away.  I had to let him win or he would gobble me up, but I had to let him lose just enough for him to not know I was letting him win.  So we play several rounds of Go Fish.  Suddenly ANOTHER dinosaur came in the back door and the one I was playing cards with got distracting and went to fight him.  I ran like the wind out the front door!

Blessings Jayne

Dear Sister,I'm with Willa completely,your dreams are really great reading- they could turn into wonderful story books( without the little talking squirrels family dead😒)

And the card playing dinosaur ,his big bed & cards- the illustrations could be delightful!;;;

Oh, as the Word of God Tells us- the cares of the day are what dreams are.... It's incredible what our mind can do with a little of this & a little of that.Fascinating!

I do dream sometimes crazy dreams not unlike yours.There are usually some type of animals thrown in as I'm passionate for them and sometimes theres something I'm trying to accomplish with all kinds of detours & obstacles.Then there the dreams I just don't want to wake up from because they are delightful.

Like Jadey,I've almost always been able to change it,almost like I know I'm in a dream.The only dreams( nightmares) I used to have that were truly awful & would awaken me were dreams I was falling,like from the sky- not a good feeling( & those were years before I started sky diving so it was not related)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

17 hours ago, Jayne said:

Well, I dream a lot, and a lot of dreams I forget soon afterward. Unlike you though, I would say that goods dream are fairly common, most dreams I would say are neutral, and almost all of them are a bit strange. Bad dreams are hard for me to quantify. I can look at their content and conclude that they were a "bad dream", but that does not always mean the experience was bad. For example, I could lose a loved one in a dream, and not feel sorrow. I could be in grave danger, and not feel fear. In a lot of my dreams I can see the influence of events in my real life. In the last couple of years, I have and quite a few "Worthy" dreams. Sometimes, I dream about threads here, and dialogues with other users, even to the point that I wake up to respond to them, lol. Sometimes, I even type the plot of the dream out in the dream - that experience if not easy to describe, so I won't try.

While I do forget a lot of dreams, some of the ones I remember with good detail do tend to be the bad dreams. For example, one that I had as a child had me in my backyard. A neighbor woman who lived across the street, my best friend's mother, was trying to kill me. I was on my hands and knees in a crawling position, heading north trying to escape her. She was trying to poison me by pouring ammonia over my head from a bucket. This happened to be a highly detailed dream (not all of mine are). That part of the backyard had no grass, it was just dirt, and I could see the individual granules that made it up, a bit gravely. I could feel the texture or the pressure of my weight on my hands on the gravel. The sunlight was bright. As I was on the ground, I would lurch forward the jerk back, in an effort to get Norma (the neighbor lady) to miss with her ammonia. In other words I was trying to get her to overshoot me, to have the ammonia splashes go past me.

One unusual feature of this dream (from my experience of dreams) was that I could see myself in the dream. It was as if I were viewing it from Norma's eyes. Most of my dreams I experience through my own eyes. As I said, this dream had a lot of details. Besides the tactile sensations in the palms of my hands, the dream was in color. I do not know if all of my dreams are, but most of the dreams I remember are. Some though, are muted colors, pastels. Some have strong blueish gray palettes - as if on a storm cloudy day. This dream also had the sensation of the experience of the smell and discomfort of the ammonia that was getting on me. I am not sure if I have ever had a sense of smell in any dream other than this one. I also do not recall ever dreaming in stereo sound, and am wondering if others do.

Anyway, this ammonia dream was quite short. At least if it was long, then I do not remember the other parts, just the few moments in the crawling position being dowsed with ammonia. The outcome of the dream was that I died. I observed my dead body laying on the ground for a few moments, one of only two dreams I can recall where I died, and in both of them, I could see my lifeless body from the outside. This one falls into the category of a bad dream to me, not because I died (not that that was a good thing) but because of the terror and desperation. Then, as far as I can recall, the dream ended without me waking up because of the dream.

I enjoyed reading about the dreams in the OP. I tend to have a lot of weird dreams too. Typically they do not have meanings for me, they are just bizarre curiosities and that fascinates me. More often than not, they are emotionless and the plots are a bit like abstract paintings. I look and them, scratch my head, and move on.

Like Ayin Jade, I can sometimes direct the dream, change it's direction. Sometimes I can wake up in a dream, and I can choose to go back and finish it, or at least continue it, it is hard to know if and when a dream is supposed to end. In most cases though, the dreams just do their thing without my guidance of consent. Once in a while, I am aware than I am dreaming while in the dream, and once in a while, I wake up, not certain that what I experienced even was a dream. In such cases though, it does not take long to figure out some detail that is inconsistent with reality, and I realize it was just a dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

Rather frequently, @Jayne. There are dreams, and then there is the dream sent by the Lord. I could devote a topic to both, but I'd rather not. I'll offer brief, annotated summaries of examples for the time being.

First, a dream: I found myself standing in a sea of people in the heart of a city. I looked at the clouds above, and I rose into the air so that I was suspended in the air far above the city. I could see everything, but no one could see me; I looked at a landmark below and suddenly, I was there. 

I passed above the crowds and still no one could see me, so I was invisible to them. When I desired to be seen the substance of my body changed: as I became more tangible, I sank toward the ground. When my feet touched the asphalt, some people were surprised to see me there. I was like everyone else in the crowd.

Next, a dream sent by the Lord. I found myself standing in a strange place that I had never seen before; it was a dusty old house. It was dark inside, so I made my way toward beams of sunlight streaming through a window. As I approached that window, I noticed a mirror next to it on the wall. 

When I passed in front of the mirror I turned to look at my reflection, only I did not recognize the man gazing back at me. He barely looked human! His hair was wispy, his skin was sickly and pallid, and he was so gaunt that I could see the bones underneath that skin. His eyes were sunken and so tired that I wanted to weep for him. 

I opened my mouth and he opened his; I watched teeth fall out of his mouth and into the palms of his hands. I looked down at my own hands and saw those infected and rotten teeth in the palms of my own hands. In that moment I understood that I was this man, and he was me.

A little over twenty years later, this dream came to pass precisely as I witnessed it.

Edited by Marathoner
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1