Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

A falling away from what and who? It is THE sign Paul gives that the seven-year Tribulation is fast approaching, and the revealing of the Antichrist is near. If you hold a pretribulation view, how much closer is the return of our Lord for His bride?

Never in my lifetime did I think I would be witnessing what is happening today, escalating rapidly. To share my thoughts, I want to define the meaning of "a falling away" that is a key to the end times and Tribulation, apostasɩ́a.

The noun apostasɩ́a appears as an apocalyptic reference to a rebellion at the end of the age (2 Thess. 2:3). Two specific theological uses of the verb that are problematic are a warning to avoid having an evil heart that "turns away from the living God" (Heb. 3:12).

A cursory look at today's conditions of our Laodicean churches is telling. Prosperity gospels, false gospels, tickling of ears, watered down Gospels, losing their first love Jesus, ecumenicalism all religions worship the same god, called by different names in various cultures and religions. [i]

The laundry list for rebellion and abandonment is too numerous to list them all. The world generally has lost all moral principles and historical biblical values. Humanism, critical race theory, wokeism, gender identity and pronouns, abortion, cancel culture, and on and on.

The natural extension of the preceding is animal self-identification, and guess what is now happening? [ii] When I suspect things cannot possibly get viler and more ridiculous, along comes something else even more ludicrous.  

We are now witnessing a warmup, the prelude to how evil this abandonment will get as time passes. I believe we are in the time Paul speaks about, just before the Rapture.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

16 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

We are now witnessing a warmup, the prelude to how evil this abandonment will get as time passes. I believe we are in the time Paul speaks about, just before the Rapture.

This teaching was real popular around the year 2000. We do not go by when Jesus was born (4 BC). We go by when the Church was born on the day of Pentacost, which most likely was in the year AD 28. We will go from the church age to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. We do not know for sure how that transition will take place, although a 7-year tribulation period of very common teaching.

You can not have a tribulation without the animal sacrifices. So we will find out on the day of Pentacost in the year 2028. If the teaching holds true they will set up a tabernacles and resume the sacrifices on the temple mount. They will set the cornerstone and begin to build the temple which will take 3 1/2 years. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,257
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

17 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Excerpt;

"Now, after the left has turned boys into girls, girls into boys, some with hormone therapy, they push a new idea. They are pushing to let kids “identify as animals.” 

It would be laughable, a dystopian, fictional craziness – if it were not true. They are pushing the concept – with bizarre sexual overtones – of a “furry,” a child identifying as an animal"

And Christian parents still send their vulnerable young children to the government run public school indoctrination systems.
The agenda to change children's values from their family/church learned to the government mandated course called
"Values Clarification"   It has been in public schools since the 1960's. (look it up) Mind change/control of values..

The kids never had a chance. What you see today is much of what they learned,  and today, those kids are in offices of power.

“Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world.”
Vladimir Lenin

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sower said:

Christian parents still send their vulnerable young children to the government run public school indoctrination systems.

Public school was a disaster and I hated it. This government is a disaster and we can all look forward to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. I did a fair amount of time in private school and that was a lot better than public school. 

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

Public school was a disaster and I hated it. This government is a disaster and we can all look forward to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. I did a fair amount of time in private school and that was a lot better than public school. 

I was raised catholic and no matter where my dad was stationed my mom found a catholic parochial school to send us. I missed a half credit in biology my last year in high school, and went to public school. Night and day difference, as I was being taught as a senior what I had learned as sophomore in the catholic school. Was bored and that's why I quit and joined the military. 

My wife and I pulled our kids out of public elementary school back in the early 80's and home schooled them. Best family decision we ever made. Other people/christians we tried to warn about the public schools thought we nuts. Our grand kids now are home schooled. 'Raise up a child.....'

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

9 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Back in the day, I did Christian elementary, then public high school. I liked the public system much more.

It has changed much since then, with far better teachers and resources in the Christian schools out this way now.

9 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Back in the day, I did Christian elementary, then public high school. I liked the public system much more.

It has changed much since then, with far better teachers and resources in the Christian schools out this way now.

"I liked the public system much more"
So did I, when I went a few years, as it was way more lax and we could get away with more than in the catholic schools.
Those nuns had long arms and a long pointer and were real knuckle busters. They were serious disciplinarians.
But I learned much more in them, with good morals and an excellent education in the catholic schools.
Yet never heard the gospel, just catechism and religiosity, masses and rosaries, and catholic dogma.
We were forbidden to go to a protestant church, by I did anyway as an adult when I went to a baptist funeral.
And heard the gospel...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

32 minutes ago, Sower said:

"I liked the public system much more"
So did I, when I went a few years, as it was way more lax and we could get away with more than in the catholic schools.
Those nuns had long arms and a long pointer and were real knuckle busters. They were serious disciplinarians.
But I learned much more in them, with good morals and an excellent education in the catholic schools.
Yet never heard the gospel, just catechism and religiosity, masses and rosaries, and catholic dogma.
We were forbidden to go to a protestant church, by I did anyway as an adult when I went to a baptist funeral.
And heard the gospel...

I did not like it more because of that. The public school had better resources, better teachers, more variety of courses and it was full of a wider variety of kids. After 7 years in an almost completely white school with kids of the same background, my first friend at the high school was someone of Indian background.

For friends that went to the Christian high school, the stories I got back from them were ridiculous.

As I said before, the Christian schools have significantly improved since then and are generally as good or better than the public system now.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,958
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

A falling away from what and who? It is THE sign Paul gives that the seven-year Tribulation is fast approaching, and the revealing of the Antichrist is near. If you hold a pretribulation view, how much closer is the return of our Lord for His bride?

Never in my lifetime did I think I would be witnessing what is happening today, escalating rapidly. To share my thoughts, I want to define the meaning of "a falling away" that is a key to the end times and Tribulation, apostasɩ́a.

The noun apostasɩ́a appears as an apocalyptic reference to a rebellion at the end of the age (2 Thess. 2:3). Two specific theological uses of the verb that are problematic are a warning to avoid having an evil heart that "turns away from the living God" (Heb. 3:12).

A cursory look at today's conditions of our Laodicean churches is telling. Prosperity gospels, false gospels, tickling of ears, watered down Gospels, losing their first love Jesus, ecumenicalism all religions worship the same god, called by different names in various cultures and religions. [i]

The laundry list for rebellion and abandonment is too numerous to list them all. The world generally has lost all moral principles and historical biblical values. Humanism, critical race theory, wokeism, gender identity and pronouns, abortion, cancel culture, and on and on.

The natural extension of the preceding is animal self-identification, and guess what is now happening? [ii] When I suspect things cannot possibly get viler and more ridiculous, along comes something else even more ludicrous.  

Hi Dennis,

Yes, we must be alert to the growing apostacy corrupting fringe cults and institutional Christianity alike. Currently there is still a faithful remnant of the elect on earth, but the Bible is clear that sinful humanity peaks when the man of sin is revealed. 

2Th 2:3-4  Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,  (4)  who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, teddyv said:

The public school had better resources, better teachers, more variety of courses and it was full of a wider variety of kids.

My son was taking classes from four different colleges when he was in High School. It is actually possible to graduate from high school with a 2 year associate degree from the university. I asked him if they did not notice that he was younger and he said no one noticed or said anything about it. The only problem we had was his mom bought him a new car to get him though high school and college with the least amount of problems. His friends get really upset about that. It is a time honored tradition that you give a high school student the old car and the parents buy the new car for themselves. 

He wanted to take a 3D printer class at the university, but it conflicted with his band practice. The school went out and bought a printer and started up a new class at the high school. He was in the first class, so they spent most of their time setting up the printer and getting it working. Which is pretty much what he does for a living now. For example, Amazon was having problems with their robots and his team went in to find all the problems so the people who installed them could fix them. I think it was something like a 800 million dollar contract for 14 different distribution warehouses. 

When I asked him why he signed up for the advanced classes, he said it was because the teachers were a lot better. I am sure they were very gifted and talented teachers.