An End-Time Consideration

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The above speaks to the instantaneous resurrection and glorification of our bodies. It does not talk of instantaneously meeting the Lord in the clouds. From a pretribulation view, let me propose my thoughts on the harpazo, the church's Rapture. How it may be explained away and accepted, with the advantage of living at the end of the age, and what is now transpiring. Granted, this is speculation based on current events and Biblical descriptions of deception.

There have been many speculations from books such as the Left Behind series, where people are suddenly missing with a pile of clothes left behind. Those left behind are frantically running around their house and corn fields, searching for their family and loved ones who were just there. Is there any Biblical precedence for that type of scenario? No.  

On the contrary, Elisha and others witnessed Elijah's ascension. The apostles and others witnessed the ascension of Jesus. Their enemies and the world will see the Two Witnesses' ascension. By Biblical precedence, it stands to reason the harpazo will be in like manner. So, what am I getting at?

Could it be when we are seen going up in a like manner that they come down with an acceptable answer to what happened? Who is the "they?"

Not long ago, this thought would be a conspiracy theory, but not any longer, and it makes logical sense with "do not be deceived," Jesus mentions so often in Matthew chapter twenty-four in the plural.

What is going on and why now, with government(s) disclosure of the existence of UFOs (now UAPs)? Numerous government investigations, congressional hearings, whistleblower testimonies, and things denied, denied, and hidden for decades. Now, they suddenly pose a national security and aviation threat. Does anyone smell a dead fish, reeking of something more coming, the setup?

Congressional testimony is now revealing the government has physical and biological evidence of these crafts and occupants.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

In the context of this verse, could this be a lie?

The preceding also matches the new evolutionary theory gaining traction of panspermia. Are these thoughts still out in left field? Can I take off my Reynold's Wrap hat yet? 😊

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Hi Dennis,

I don`t believe people will see us go - `in the twinkling of an eye.` 

I read that in Joel 2:2 the northern great army will come over the Golan Heights `like the morning clouds.`  That would be about 6 am in Israel while in the USA about 8 - 11 pm depending on which part, and in OZ it will be early afternoon. Thus, in the USA and Europe it is night time so most will be asleep in their beds. 

ZZZZZZZ....

Then when the world wakes up they will be bombarded with news of the Middle Eastern war - a great earthquake along the fault line near the Golan Heights and fire and brimstone raining down on the great army from the volcano in the mountains of the Golan Heights. (Ez. 38: 19 - 22)

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

On the contrary, Elisha and others witnessed Elijah's ascension. The apostles and others witnessed the ascension of Jesus. Their enemies and the world will see the Two Witnesses' ascension. By Biblical precedence, it stands to reason the harpazo will be in like manner. So, what am I getting at?

Hi Dennis,

Now the 12 disciples were shown the Lord ascending for they had to be WITNESSES of Jesus` life, death, resurrection and ascension. (Acts 1: 22) After the Body of Christ has gone there will still be people who think they are Christians, and the Sunday meetings will still go on. 

BTW how many people will miss you? 

Not trying to be rude, but there are so many thousands of people missing all the time across the world - homeless, moved, holiday, kidnapped, etc etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

to the subject matter: 

17 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

What is going on and why now, with government(s) disclosure of the existence of UFOs (now UAPs)? Numerous government investigations, congressional hearings, whistleblower testimonies, and things denied, denied, and hidden for decades. Now, they suddenly pose a national security and aviation threat. Does anyone smell a dead fish, reeking of something more coming, the setup?

Congressional testimony is now revealing the government has physical and biological evidence of these crafts and occupants.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

The preceding also matches the new evolutionary theory gaining traction of panspermia. Are these thoughts still out in left field? Can I take off my Reynold's Wrap hat yet?

Has anyone noticed, since the pandemic a growing number of media talks concerning an alien invasion?

Well I have , its being talked about more than ever, kind of like preparing us to accept something that is coming in the very near future.

But it has been known and talked about since WWII and governments including the UN know more than they are disclosing to the main public.  Yet they are right now preparing the public through soft disclosure, so to accept these concepts so that when real strange things happen, it will seem perhaps less shocking?

Absolutely the "the new evolutionary theory gaining traction of panspermia" is being spread like wild fire over the internet.

Just speaking to people these days, I think we are in times of great deception ever since the GREAT RESET of2020 was set in motion through the pandemic and it will get only worse, that is why God said that He will shorten the time frame of all this if not, all would be lost.

Mathew 24:22

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Edited by 1to3
spelling & syntax
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The above speaks to the instantaneous resurrection and glorification of our bodies. It does not talk of instantaneously meeting the Lord in the clouds. From a pretribulation view, let me propose my thoughts on the harpazo, the church's Rapture. How it may be explained away and accepted, with the advantage of living at the end of the age, and what is now transpiring. Granted, this is speculation based on current events and Biblical descriptions of deception.

There have been many speculations from books such as the Left Behind series, where people are suddenly missing with a pile of clothes left behind. Those left behind are frantically running around their house and corn fields, searching for their family and loved ones who were just there. Is there any Biblical precedence for that type of scenario? No.  

Could it be when we are seen going up in a like manner that they come down with an acceptable answer to what happened? Who is the "they?"

Not long ago, this thought would be a conspiracy theory, but not any longer, and it makes logical sense with "do not be deceived," Jesus mentions so often in Matthew chapter twenty-four in the plural.

The preceding also matches the new evolutionary theory gaining traction of panspermia. Are these thoughts still out in left field? Can I take off my Reynold's Wrap hat yet? 😊

I am inclined to agree with you. There is nothing quick about the Rapture. Our sister @Marilyn C has applied the metamorphosis of our bodies to the rapture. But 1st Corinthians 15 does not address the Rapture. Also, the issue of a night Rapture is already mentioned in scripture;

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. (Lk 17:34)

The heathen will no doubt speculate about the rapture, but there will be so few that it will hardly cause a stir. Only the Overcomers will be caught away before the Tribulation (Lk.21:35-36, Rev.3:10). So try the maths: 1% of the world's population are Believers. Of them, 1 per mil will be caught away. That is, one per 100,000. The press/media - source of all untruth - will publish its mound of speculation and lies and move on to the next airplane crash. The Christians left behind will not spend much time on it either because the did not believe God's Words in any case.

P.S. The human body is not made for rapid change of direction and/or momentum. A rapid rapture is like being in a aircraft that hits a mountain. If the argument that we will have super-bodies is brought, I judge that our Lord showed the opposite in the upper room on resurrection day. His wounds were still gaping a week later when Thomas is ordered to insert his hand into them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Now the 12 disciples were shown the Lord ascending for they had to be WITNESSES of Jesus` life, death, resurrection and ascension. (Acts 1: 22) After the Body of Christ has gone there will still be people who think they are Christians, and the Sunday meetings will still go on. 

BTW how many people will miss you? 

Not trying to be rude, but there are so many thousands of people missing all the time across the world - homeless, moved, holiday, kidnapped, etc etc. 

Your views are reasonable as well. I do not know how God’s plan will unfold. I am watching as commanded, trying to see how the pieces fit together. It would be hard for any serious Bible student to deny that this generation will see the fulfillment of the remaining prophetic scripture. We have already seen the first part, May 14, 1948, through Israel’s 1967 Six Days War, with all the prophecies fulfilled between those dates. Without a reborn nation of Israel, there could be no Tribulation or Second Coming.

Fast forward to today; there has been a convergence of everything prophetic for our day: the approaching wars and the Tribulation. It would be too lengthy to list everything, but it becomes so evident by putting a checkmark next to what is stated in Matthew 24, 2 Tim. 3:1-8, Ezekiel 38-39, Isaiah 17, Jerimiah 49, and elsewhere.

Deception and distraction are another sign of the times, as you pointed out. I was partially watching the coverage of the O’Biden speech at an AME church yesterday. With all this AI technology, I am searching for a flat-screen TV with a built-in lie meter to document LOL.

Forget about the things that matter; Tiger Woods just got a 40-million-dollar endorsement from Nike. Look at all the actors and celebrities and what they think and have to say; get a Whoppie and watch the View.

No matter whose view is correct, the fact remains that time appears to be at hand according to scripture.

As always, it is a pleasure to chat with you, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, AdHoc said:

I am inclined to agree with you. There is nothing quick about the Rapture. Our sister @Marilyn C has applied the metamorphosis of our bodies to the rapture. But 1st Corinthians 15 does not address the Rapture. Also, the issue of a night Rapture is already mentioned in scripture;

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. (Lk 17:34)

The heathen will no doubt speculate about the rapture, but there will be so few that it will hardly cause a stir. Only the Overcomers will be caught away before the Tribulation (Lk.21:35-36, Rev.3:10). So try the maths: 1% of the world's population are Believers. Of them, 1 per mil will be caught away. That is, one per 100,000. The press/media - source of all untruth - will publish its mound of speculation and lies and move on to the next airplane crash. The Christians left behind will not spend much time on it either because the did not believe God's Words in any case.

P.S. The human body is not made for rapid change of direction and/or momentum. A rapid rapture is like being in a aircraft that hits a mountain. If the argument that we will have super-bodies is brought, I judge that our Lord showed the opposite in the upper room on resurrection day. His wounds were still gaping a week later when Thomas is ordered to insert his hand into them.

Israel is the prophetic center of the Earth. It seems that most Biblical compass directions are given from Jerusalem. Writing is the opposite left to right and vice versa from the East and West of Israel. I am relating this to:

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. (Lk 17:34).

As you know, Jesus talks to the apostles and answers their questions; therefore, He generally relates to Israel. I suspect “in that night” may be an allusion to thieves, not knowing when He will come. But anyway, I do not discount your thought, and it is an interesting one.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the East, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

I suspect what Jesus says above is why many graves face the East. It would make sense that Jesus would return to the area over Jerusalem for the harpazo. I do not know, but I have it ingrained that the Rapture will be instantaneous globally. If so, Israel and the European continent could be experiencing nighttime and the opposite hemisphere day.

I suppose a global sweeping Rapture may be plausible, as in the rotation of the Earth staying at night. Is that how you view it?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

19 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.The above speaks to the instantaneous resurrection and glorification of our bodies. It does not talk of instantaneously meeting the Lord in the clouds.

This verse does: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

The rapture will be in a twinkling of an eye, all genuine Christians worldwide at once will be taken away. I believe many left will be aware it has happened but won’t be able to do anything about it, obviously.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, John Christian said:

This verse does: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

The rapture will be in a twinkling of an eye, all genuine Christians worldwide at once will be taken away. I believe many left will be aware it has happened but won’t be able to do anything about it, obviously.

Good afternoon,

I cannot prove it, and you could be right. I am using Biblical precedence, as I mentioned. We notice two defined acts between verses sixteen and seventeen of indefinite time, separated by the adverb word Then.

I cannot read anywhere the “catching away” in the twinkling of an eye. Only the resurrection and glorification of those asleep and those that remain are changed in the twinkling of an eye as I read it.

Another event I did not mention may or may not be relevant according to precedence:

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

That is all it says, and I cannot find an explanation of who these many are or their representation. As far as I can tell, the Bible is silent in explaining this event. Turning to many commentaries, they are cautious in their exegesis. I assume it must be a foreshadowing or example of something, I would guess.

But anyway, today, we are one day closer to our blessed hope and hearing the shout of our Lord. Soon, our petty bickering of our hermeneutics will be over. But iron sharpens iron.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

33 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Another event I did not mention may or may not be relevant according to precedence:

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

That is all it says, and I cannot find an explanation of who these many are or their representation. As far as I can tell, the Bible is silent in explaining this event. Turning to many commentaries, they are cautious in their exegesis. I assume it must be a foreshadowing or example of something, I would guess.

To me it is straightforward. They were the disciples converted by the Lord in His ministry but passed on during those 3.5 years.