Selah7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Here’s my  take on chapter 13 of Revelation.

Revelation 13:1   And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And here’s the explanation:

Revelation 17:3  So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

The “woman” refers to the peoples of the world—a one world system.  So this scarlet colored beast is influencing and deceiving the minds of the people. 

Revelation 17:7  And the angel said unto me, “Wherefore didst thou marvel?  I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Revelation 17:8  The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition; and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The beast here is Satan.

Revelation 17:9  And here is the mind which hath wisdom, the seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

The “mountains” here refer to nations.  These nations are where the woman sits and that woman is MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS.

mystery
GREEK
musterion (moos-tay'-ree-on); from a derivative of muo (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites):
KJV - mystery.

—the mystery being the instant one's faith is changed by turning away from Jesus and turning to worship satan without even recognizing it—the great apostasy.  They are deceived thinking Satan is Jesus.

Revelation 17:12  and the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 17:15  And he saith unto me, “The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

deception and lies = the whore.   That “woman” is “that great city.”  She is an idol worshiper, worshiping Satan (AC) instead of the true Christ.  Remember, the Antichrist comes at the 6th trump.  Jesus Christ returns at the 7th trump.  

Revelation 17:18  And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

So the name of the woman is some secret sign or symbol of “that great city” which she personifies.  Babel means confusion.  She, this one world religious system, will promote and support all of the Antichrist’s blasphemy and lies and deception.

The beast is Satan with his seven nations that are the peoples of the earth that the whore sitteth on, and that whore is “that great city” meaning confusion.  The people are deceived into worshiping Antichrist, because they think he is Christ.

The peoples are the “waters” on which that great city of confusion floats on—that one world system.

s e l a h

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

I find one of the hardest concepts I wrestle with when it comes to 'the beast' is, sometimes it is described in the terms of a 'kingdom or one world order', and sometimes it is to the individual or Satan, yet whether it is him personally or the world under his influence, it all falls under the purview of Satan.   

Also, woman, whore, daughter, city are hard for me to wrap my head around.  Are they all different places/concepts or is it the same thing but from all different perspectives? 

Difficult stuff here for me.  I am going to get some coffee...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

I find one of the hardest concepts I wrestle with when it comes to 'the beast' is, sometimes it is described in the terms of a 'kingdom or one world order', and sometimes it is to the individual or Satan, yet whether it is him personally or the world under his influence, it all falls under the purview of Satan.   

Also, woman, whore, daughter, city are hard for me to wrap my head around.  Are they all different places/concepts or is it the same thing but from all different perspectives? 

I’m not sure about the “daughter” but the others all come under that one-world system of deception and blasphemy and confusion—if I’m understanding it correctly.  I need coffee, too.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

16 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Revelation 13:1   And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:3  So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

The “woman” refers to the peoples of the world—a one world system.  So this scarlet colored beast is influencing and deceiving the minds of the people. 

Revelation 17:7  And the angel said unto me, “Wherefore didst thou marvel?  I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Revelation 17:8  The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition; and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The beast here is Satan.

Revelation 17:9  And here is the mind which hath wisdom, the seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

The “mountains” here refer to nations.  These nations are where the woman sits and that woman is MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS.

mystery
GREEK
musterion (moos-tay'-ree-on); from a derivative of muo (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites):
KJV - mystery.

—the mystery being the instant one's faith is changed by turning away from Jesus and turning to worship satan without even recognizing it—the great apostasy.  They are deceived thinking Satan is Jesus.

Revelation 17:12  and the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 17:15  And he saith unto me, “The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

deception and lies = the whore.   That “woman” is “that great city.”  She is an idol worshiper, worshiping Satan (AC) instead of the true Christ.  Remember, the Antichrist comes at the 6th trump.  Jesus Christ returns at the 7th trump.  

Revelation 17:18  And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

So the name of the woman is some secret sign or symbol of “that great city” which she personifies.  Babel means confusion.  She, this one world religious system, will promote and support all of the Antichrist’s blasphemy and lies and deception.

The beast is Satan with his seven nations that are the peoples of the earth that the whore sitteth on, and that whore is “that great city” meaning confusion.  The people are deceived into worshiping Antichrist, because they think he is Christ.

The peoples are the “waters” on which that great city of confusion floats on—that one world system.

s e l a h

Hi Selah,

Some good work there sis. May I say a few points.

The woman is yes the people, and the false religion they have received. Remember that the ten king Federation does away with that. (Rev. 17: 16) 

The beast is the world system - Political & economic, headed up by the 7th leader, who is controlled by Satan.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

On 3/18/2023 at 12:53 PM, Selah7 said:

The beast here is Satan.

mystery
GREEK
KJV - mystery.

s e l a h

There are THREE crucial women in the Bible. 1. Eve - who is to produce seed that leads to the recovery of God's plan. 2. The Great Whore Babylon - a corporate Woman who is the false world religion developed by Nimrod of Babel. Her daughters are the various offshoots of this pagan, occult religion. The kings and peoples of the earth, including Israel "Fornicated" with her. 3. New Jerusalem - Bride and Wife of Jesus corporately who is also "Mother" of Christ's Kingdom ON EARTH.

Now, in Daniel Chapter 2 where this KINGDOM of Christ is first revealed, we have a mystery. It is this. The effigy is clearly stated to be FOUR CONSECUTIVE world powers. History has shown them. Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome. How then is it possible that by destroying ONLY ROME - the last one - that Christ destroys ALL OF THEM. After all, three have come and gone.

The answer is that God reckons RELIGION to be stronger than MILITARY power. Each of these four world powers had their own political system (shown by the elements), each had their own language, and each had their own home territory. But each one had the SAME RELIGION - that of early Babylon. The woman is the Religion of Babylon.

The rest almost exclusively shows the vehicle that the Woman uses to rule - ROME And the Chief of ROME is a Roman Caesar.

The Beast.
- In Daniel 9 he is "the prince of the people who would destroy the Temple" - Romans are the people who destroyed the Temple
- In Revelation he comes out of the "sea". The sea depicts the nations (Isa.17:12, Ezek.26:3 etc.). He is a Gentile
- In Revelation 13 he is one of five kings who had lived and died during John's time - a Roman
- In Revelation 13 he will be the eighth. 8 is the number of resurrection. He comes out of the Abyss (from Hades)
- In Revelation she is drunk with the blood of Jesus' martyrs. Only ROME could claim this
- She sits on seven hills. Rome is the only capital of a world power that sits on seven hills
- Rome's power is derived from RELIGION not military might
- This Religion goes back to Babel so it can have the "saints blood" as well

The word "mystery" in the Greek does not mean it cannot be fathomed. The word in Greek mean that something hidden has been shown or explained to a few.

1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
  (Re 17:1–13).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/18/2023 at 5:53 AM, Selah7 said:

The beast here is Satan.

The Beast cannot be Satan, as is made abundantly clear in the following verses:

Rev. 13:2 Now the Beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The Dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

Rev. 12:9 ...the great Dragon [is] that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan...

Satan the Dragon will give to the Beast his power: these are two distinct beings.

Rev. 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the Dragon [Satan], out of the mouth of the Beast, and out of the mouth of the False Prophet.

Three different beings.

Rev. 19: Then the Beast was captured, and with him the False Prophet... These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the Abyss, and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the Dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan... 3 and he cast him into the Abyss...

After Christ wins the Battle of Armageddon, there are different judgments enforced upon the Beast and Satan.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 3/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, AdHoc said:

There are THREE crucial women in the Bible. 1. Eve - who is to produce seed that leads to the recovery of God's plan. 2. The Great Whore Babylon - a corporate Woman who is the false world religion developed by Nimrod of Babel. Her daughters are the various offshoots of this pagan, occult religion. The kings and peoples of the earth, including Israel "Fornicated" with her. 3. New Jerusalem - Bride and Wife of Jesus corporately who is also "Mother" of Christ's Kingdom ON EARTH.

Now, in Daniel Chapter 2 where this KINGDOM of Christ is first revealed, we have a mystery. It is this. The effigy is clearly stated to be FOUR CONSECUTIVE world powers. History has shown them. Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome. How then is it possible that by destroying ONLY ROME - the last one - that Christ destroys ALL OF THEM. After all, three have come and gone.

The answer is that God reckons RELIGION to be stronger than MILITARY power. Each of these four world powers had their own political system (shown by the elements), each had their own language, and each had their own home territory. But each one had the SAME RELIGION - that of early Babylon. The woman is the Religion of Babylon.

The rest almost exclusively shows the vehicle that the Woman uses to rule - ROME And the Chief of ROME is a Roman Caesar.

The Beast.
- In Daniel 9 he is "the prince of the people who would destroy the Temple" - Romans are the people who destroyed the Temple
- In Revelation he comes out of the "sea". The sea depicts the nations (Isa.17:12, Ezek.26:3 etc.). He is a Gentile
- In Revelation 13 he is one of five kings who had lived and died during John's time - a Roman
- In Revelation 13 he will be the eighth. 8 is the number of resurrection. He comes out of the Abyss (from Hades)
- In Revelation she is drunk with the blood of Jesus' martyrs. Only ROME could claim this
- She sits on seven hills. Rome is the only capital of a world power that sits on seven hills
- Rome's power is derived from RELIGION not military might
- This Religion goes back to Babel so it can have the "saints blood" as well

The word "mystery" in the Greek does not mean it cannot be fathomed. The word in Greek mean that something hidden has been shown or explained to a few.

1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
  (Re 17:1–13).

i really like your post.  the use of the word mystery doesn't mean we can't know what it is, i thought this for many years of studying the bible but now i realize it's a description of the counterfeit church's world religion, how it uses confusion.  the mystery religion is the original form of satanism from the time of the tower of Babel with its sacred pagan priests as counterfeit Christs who supposedly can forgive sins.  Billions of people today have been deceived into believing this form of paganism is Christianity.  Because of how this antichrist "church" persecuted and killed members of my family throughout history, i've been praying that i will be able to see its judgment, when God pours out his wrath on it.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 3/18/2023 at 6:53 AM, Selah7 said:

As WilliamL shows, the Beast of Rev. 13 can not be Satan the Dragon. I think the problem is with the concept being called a Beast, lets just replace that word with a DOMINATOR (Animals who DOMNATE were used). 

So, Satan Dominates or Rules the whole world, as he told Jesus in Luke 4, bow down unto me and I will give you all the kingdoms of the WHOLE WORLD, "they are given unto me and I do as I please with them." So when we see only 10 instead of 100s or 100s God is simply narrowing down the region being spoken about. It has to do only with the Mediterranean Sea Region, Daniel 7 says so, these all Beasts came out of the Great (Mediterranean) Sea, so all 7 Beasts ruled over that specific region, and in Revelation 13 we get all 7. (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome AND the coming Anti-Christ who is seen here in Rev. 13 at the very end).

So, we know where the region being spoken of is. Now we have to separate the THREE DOMINATORS being spoken about. Who are they? Well, Rev. 12 tells us that is the Red Dragon (Satan) and he has CROWNS on the (7) Seven Heads because Satan is over the whole world and every kingdom on this earth, but since only 7 are being spoken about, this clarifies for all to see which region this is about, ONLY the Mediterranean Sea Region (MRS). 

Moving on to Rev. 13 we see this is about a MAN whom Satan gives his seat, that is the only reason his number is 666, and 6 is the number of Mankind, so God is telling us this Beast is a MAN not a Kingdom, nor a Demon. Thus he has no crowns on the 7 Heads, nor can he, those Kingdoms span 3000 years, men only live 70-100 years. But he does have 10 CROWNS on the 10 Kings/Horns, which represent COMPLETE Europe Reunited as on 10 simply means completion in God speak. Thus he is over the E.U. and will Conquer the MSR as Dan. 11:40-43 shows us. Thus this MAN DOMINATES over the whole MSR and Israel. 

Revelation 17 shows one last DOMINATING POWER who was over the 7, thus he has to be a Demon like the Dragon, humans do not live 3000 plus years. This is not Satan, he's the Scarlet Colored Beast that was placed into the bottomless pit. He is Apollyon. Saran gave him the job of trying to destroy Israel. He was the cause of the Pharaoh trying to run the children of Israel into the Red Sea, he toted of the Northern Kingdoms via Assyria, he toted them off via Babylon, he was over Persia, he then resisted Michael for 21 days in Dan. 10, hen then tried to change Israel's culture and stop the worshiping of God via Antiochus Epiphanes, he then toted Israel off via Rome and the Diaspora. Lastly, he will be released at the First Woe, then he will try to kill Israel (the Woman in Rev. 12) but God will protect them for 1260 days, he will be allowed to kill the Two-witnesses however. He indeed has NO CROWNS in Rev. 17 because his only kingdom is the Bottomless Pit, thus he is of the 7 but is an 8th (Bottomless Pit). He thus has no kingdom on this earth and thus NO CROWNS in the 7 Headed 10 Horned Region.

That takes care of who these BEASTS are. Satan (Rev. 12) the Anti-Christ (Rev. 13) and Apollyon (Rev. 17)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, DeighAnn said:

I've seen several scriptures that compare a city to a woman.There is one city referd to as a prostitute.

Isaiah 1:21

See how the faithful city has become a prostitute! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her— but now murderers!

She must have found herself another god to worship.Or perhaps a beast.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 3/18/2023 at 6:53 AM, Selah7 said:

The beast here is Satan.

mystery
GREEK
KJV - mystery.

s e l a h

The beast is the United Nations, awaiting the 8th head satan (Rev 17:11). The woman is Jerusalem where satan will rule from.