• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

20 hours ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord loved us even when we were enemies of God. He gave Himself for our sake before we were even born. 

What does the royal law mean? Love your neighbor as yourself so long as your neighbor meets with your approval? Not so. We can be a friend to anyone in this world, brother. This does not mean that we do as others do but rather, that we walk in those good works Christ created us to do. I have witnessed more than one shunned and reviled by Christians respond to simple kindness and a helping hand. Indeed, the Lord sent me to them --- or them to me --- for that very reason. I haven't forgotten where I came from and where I was when the Son of God snatched me away from this world. :) 

You misunderstood my post brother . Showing love to a unbeliever and fellowship with him are two different things. You can be a friend to anyone . But can you share in dirty jokes ? And smile and say nothing when he profane the name of the lord ? 

• Well Said! 1

13 hours ago, Who me said:

You clearly do not live in the real world where people of very different views mix.

Are there no couples in your church where they married as non Christian and after marriage one became christian?

Do there marriages fail, do they cease walking with God?

Non christian friends, wow what a small world you live in.

So when Easter and Christmas come round, when your church does a men's meeting you have no non Christian ' friends ' to invite.

Ever noticed  that it was the pharisees  who add rules and laws onto God's commandments.

We are to imitate Jesus the ' friend ' of sinners

I am friends with everyone but I don’t fellowship with there life style of sins . That’s not being a Pharisee . Jesus rebuke the money changers with a whip . He did not act like a buddy to them

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Who me said:

You clearly do not live in the real world where people of very different views mix.

Are there no couples in your church where they married as non Christian and after marriage one became christian?

Do there marriages fail, do they cease walking with God?

Non christian friends, wow what a small world you live in.

So when Easter and Christmas come round, when your church does a men's meeting you have no non Christian ' friends ' to invite.

Ever noticed  that it was the pharisees  who add rules and laws onto God's commandments.

We are to imitate Jesus the ' friend ' of sinners

Yeah Jesus sit and eat with tax collectors hated by the jews.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

This is a very good observation. The verse has been applied to marital relationships in Christian culture but looking at it and the surrounding verses it doesn't specify marriage at all. So I agree with you that the context is really more broad than people have come to interpret it.

Are you saying it’s ok for a Christian to marry a non Christian . And it’s Gods will ? Of course if two are married and then one becomes a Christian they should stay married the Bible says so . I am referring to a Christian meeting a non Christian and then they get married . But each of us should be fully convinced by scripture alone and not our fleshly desire’s 

• Well Said! 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Are you saying it’s ok for a Christian to marry a non Christian . And it’s Gods will ? Of course if two are married and then one becomes a Christian they should stay married the Bible says so . I am referring to a Christian meeting a non Christian and then they get married . But each of us should be fully convinced by scripture alone and not our fleshly desire’s 

God commanded prophet Hosea to marry a whore.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

God commanded prophet Hosea to marry a whore.

That’s different lol that’s was to show Isarel idol worship . I amazing to me people don’t see where Paul wrote marry only in the lord . Meaning only those who are in Christ ..

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

That’s different lol that’s was to show Isarel idol worship . I amazing to me people don’t see where Paul wrote marry only in the lord . Meaning only those who are in Christ ..

With so many 'antichrists' running around, wolves in sheep clothing, those who love the Lord with their lips and not with their hearts, how do you REALLY know? 

I married a man who SAID he didn't believe in God, yet the last book he held, the last words he read before he died, were the words of God.  THANK GOD I allowed 'a relationship' to begin, got to watch a new fellowship with the Lord.  I still remember the last time I EVER said to him, 'You don't believe in the Lord anyway' and his quite pronounced reaction.  It was beautiful to witness... 

Some souls have upbringings that make belief in God all but impossible.  What they hear in the churches only serves to confirm their feelings.  It is not until they hear Gods TRUTH they hear the calling of God...he was one of those, hard and crusty on the outside, all tender and gooey on the inside.  A totally perfect and deeply flawed son of God, way better than I.  

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Thats example from God

You just don't like it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Didn't Paul also start by writing a preamble that stated he wished all were as himself?

There are lots of commands of God, and there are some guidance provisions too. Paul was allowed to speak his own opinion as well, least that is what he states he was doing on occasion mentioned by him.

Thing  is the young fall in lust, not love. And as Paul tells the fathers of young virgins- better to allow them to marry than to burn with desire. Young people simply do not have the love that is resulting of a union of 20 , 30, 40 or more years together.

It is just as hard to remain together for a Christian couple as it is for any other couple. Statistics by Barna Group show it is more difficult for Christian couples; there being a higher rate of divorce among Christian couples than is in the general population.

Wanna kick against the gourdes, just try to tell a young couple  that they cannot marry. Lots of luck to you on that one.

Might want to also keep in mind that at one time marriages were arranged affairs, unions most often made by parents about their children from birth on to a very early age- for the then current and future benefit of the families involved. Also  some marriage arrangements were for political  reason or for enlarging kingly realms.  There simply was no "dating". There was betrothal for a year, that could include marital privilege of the couple.Hey isn't that a trial "marriage" of sorts? ???

Try to make all that fit into todays circumstances that most individuals face as real life today. Again, lots of luck on that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

What I'm saying is this. Nowhere in that chapter or the surrounding chapter is there any mention of marriage. It's an interpretation that's become popular within the church but I just don't see a case for it. Even looking at the Greek terminology it doesn't seem to suggest that it's specifically speaking on marital relationships. What I do see is a general call for the church to keep a certain distance between itself and the world. In other words don't enter any close entanglements where you'll be enticed to sin. Certainly marriage is a prime candidate for that, but to interpret it it strictly as a marital thing is missing the mark. It would essentially be the same as looking at "Thou shalt not commit adultery" and deciding it only applies to certain specific situations.