• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,122
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

But, no one can prove that the "tribulation" is at most seven years long.

I have already addressed this before, but here goes, Jesus in John 16:33 told us that all time on this earth is tribulation, how? He said in me ye will have peace, In the WORLD ye will have tribulation. 

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

So, ALL TIME in this evil world is troubles, that is why those who are seen in Revelation 7:9-16 came out of great tribulation, the Church Age has had millions of Martyrs. The 70th week is thus tribulation also. Just because the last 3.5 years is the Greatest of all time troubles therefore does not mean the other 3.5 years are not troubles. The 70th week is Jacobs Troubles (3.5 years) mixed in with their 70th week Judgment (all time is troubles in THIS WORLD, Jesus said so) which was designed to bring Israel to repent.

So, the 70th week, just like the Church Age is TROUBLES, we all know the 3.5 years of Jacob's Troubles is the GREATEST EVER TROUBLES, but Jesus told us all time on this earth are troubles, so the 70th week, just like the other 69 weeks just like the Church Age is troubles, the only difference is the 70th week troubles will have Jacob's Troubles in its midst also. It should be obvious that in a world ruled by Satan there will be continual troubles via murder, mayhem and lies !!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Which is it? Either Hashem has blinded me or he has not.

The fact that you ask, is very encouraging to me, Slibhin.
Do you believe God would actually blind you, or has that always been a taboo in your mind, to not listen to or consider anything not 'Kosher'?  As I'm not familiar with Jewish customs I might use the wrong terminology.

Our God says to ask according to his will, and he hears you, and if he hears you, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Our God would that none perish. This applies to you. God is light, and cannot lie.
Therefore it is God's will that you not perish. But you must choose God's way and not man's traditions. There's the rub.  For the proud stubborn stiff necked Jew, :unsure:, the very special chosen ones God gave his holy oracles to preserve for mankind, this would be too hard, save but for God's amazing grace. Just like the foolish gentiles, as God is no respecter of men.  

PS; the god of this world, the great deceiver, is satan.  Our enemy (remember Job)
He blinds the minds of unbelievers, lest the light of the saving gospel shine unto them.  Keeps them in darkness, death. The Good News is Light, Life.

Hope I didn't step on any toes. The first time I heard the truth I was so mad.
Why those who loved me never told me the truth.
I found out later, they had also been blinded, and worshiped traditions, not God.
I shared this light. Some had their eyes opened and ears that could hear.

Many did not.

I truly hope you do. Faith comes by simply hearing the word, the whole counsel.
Just read it, allow God's word speak to you, the FULL counsel. OT-NT
Be not afraid of the light. Do not trust me. Read the scriptures for yourself.

The new covenant/testament;

The promise of redemption by God to people as individuals rather than as a nation and on the basis of God's grace rather than a person's adherence to the law.

Salvation is by grace. through faith. a gift. faith comes by hearing/reading the word.

"Well since I don't have the capacity to understand
I'm not responsible for my unbelief! "

Come on. That's a cop out. Who then is responsible.
You can't blame your ignorance on God.
The god of this world had blinded me for years. Then, A faithful Christian planted a seed of truth in my mind, I must be born again to have eternal life. I studied, God's word talked to me, I saw the light, I believed. God saved me.
I was no longer blinded. I blamed my blindness on no one, least of all God.
If you are ignorant, then study. You can learn. Ask of what you are ignorant of.
But you chose this day, to serve traditions and blame God for your ignorance.
Or allow yourself the privilege of making your own thoughts/decisions, not confined to the traditions of man, and read what GOD has to say to you.

We here love you Slibhin, but God loves you more.
I'm glad you responded so nicely. You're mellowing out..
.:)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

I have already addressed this before, but here goes, Jesus in John 16:33 told us that all time on this earth is tribulation, how? He said in me ye will have peace, In the WORLD ye will have tribulation. 

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

So, ALL TIME in this evil world is troubles, that is why those who are seen in Revelation 7:9-16 came out of great tribulation, the Church Age has had millions of Martyrs.

Shalom, Revelation Man.

This much is correct. There are three times that the Greek word "thlipsis" is used in the Olivet Discourse: Matthew 24:9, 21, and 29:

Matthew 24:5-6, 9 (KJV)

5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, 'I am Christ'; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted (literally, "shall they deliver you up into tribulation"), and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake."

This occurred in the FIRST Century A.D!

Matthew 24:21 (KJV)

21" For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

This was originally in the First Century, but it continued through the next two millennia, even until today.

Matthew 24:29-31 (KJV)

29 "Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven (in the sky): and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

This is the end of this tribulation at the "sign of the Son of man in the sky."

This was repeated in Mark's account of the Olivet Discourse:

Mark 13:19 (KJV)

19 "For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be."

Again, this started in the FIRST Century A.D. and it has continued ever since!

Mark 13:24-27 (KJV)

24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven."

This is the end of this tribulation at the "sign of the Son of man coming in the clouds."

The same events are seen in Luke 21 but in different words:

Luke 21:22-28 (KJV)

22 "For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

So, here we see that the "tribulation" (1) started in the First Century and continues even until today in the TWENTY-FIRST Century! and (2) the "tribulation" is equated to "the Times of the Gentiles" as well as the "Time of Jacob's Trouble." And, that MAKES SENSE, for in the last 2,000 years the Jews have suffered the Roman persecutions, the Inquisitions, the Pogroms, the Holocaust, and more recently, all the terrorist attacks and bombings. Thus, the Times of the Gentiles = the Time of Jacob's Trouble = the Tribulation Period. And, these terms apply to the last 2,000 years since the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

The 70th week is thus tribulation also. Just because the last 3.5 years is the Greatest of all time troubles therefore does not mean the other 3.5 years are not troubles. The 70th week is Jacobs Troubles (3.5 years) mixed in with their 70th week Judgment (all time is troubles in THIS WORLD, Jesus said so) which was designed to bring Israel to repent.

So, the 70th week, just like the Church Age is TROUBLES, we all know the 3.5 years of Jacob's Troubles is the GREATEST EVER TROUBLES, but Jesus told us all time on this earth are troubles, so the 70th week, just like the other 69 weeks just like the Church Age is troubles, the only difference is the 70th week troubles will have Jacob's Troubles in its midst also. It should be obvious that in a world ruled by Satan there will be continual troubles via murder, mayhem and lies !!

No, this part is NOT true. What were the six purposes for the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9?

Daniel 9:24 (KJV)

24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
(1) to finish the transgression, and
(2) to make an end of sins, and
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
(6) to anoint the most Holy."

There is NOTHING in these six purposes to suggest a "tribulation." Instead, the first three were the purposes of the Messiah's FIRST Advent, and the second three were the purposes of the Messiah's SECOND Advent! They were divided in the middle because of the GAP in time put there by the Messiah Himself!

Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said, 

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you DESOLATE. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, 'Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the LORD.'"

This was a partial fulfillment of Daniel 9:27! Here's the rest of the prophecy:

Daniel 9:25-27 (KJV)

25 "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven (7) weeks, and threescore and two  (62) weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And AFTER (NOT "at the end of") threescore and two (62) weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself (the crucifixion): and THE PEOPLE (the Romans) of the prince that shall come (Titus) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary (in 70 A.D.); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war DESOLATIONS are determined. 27 And he (the Messiah) shall confirm the (Davidic) covenant with many for one week: and (but) in the midst of the week he (the Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations (committed by the Jews), he (the Messiah) shall make it DESOLATE, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the DESOLATE (the Jews)."

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,259
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 9/27/2023 at 5:20 AM, SpiritSong said:

As we know the end is very near, what are your feelings about the rapture? Are you excited? Are you afraid? Do you feel prepared? 

I used to be afraid because of the scary time surrounding the event, and also, I was afraid of God, that I wasn't worthy of being with Him. But praise God for his grace! It's not by works but by faith that we are His!

Thoughts?

Hi SpiritSong,

What a great topic. Yes, myself, hubby and friends are all eagerly awaiting the Lord, as we`re told -

`exhorting one another and so much THE MORE AS YOU SEE the Day approaching.` (Heb. 10: 25) 

So, thank you very much for encouraging us all as the Day approaches.

regards, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

On 9/26/2023 at 5:12 PM, Big Boy Johnson said:

That's why I typically say "catching away" since the word rapture is not in the Bible.

A common misconception, the word “Rapture” is in the Bible, mine anyway.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 (KJV) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Caught up ~  Greek - ἁρπάζω (harpazō)          1.            LN 18.4 snatch, seize (Mt 13:19; Jn 6:15; Ac 23:10; Jude 23); a rapture to God and glory (Ac 8:39; 2Co 12:2, 4; 1Th 4:17; Rev 12:5+); [1]

1 Thessalonians 4:17 (LV)  Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aëra, et sic semper cum Domino erimus.[2]

The Latin Vulgate Bible is the Latin translation of the Greek text.

Rapiemur ~ The plural form of rapio - Rapture: Let us be raptured, snatch, seize. (Mt 13:19; Jn 6:15; Ac 23:10; Jude 23); a rapture to God and glory (Ac 8:39; 2Co 12:2, 4; 1Th 4:17; Rev 12:5+);

[1] Swanson, J. (1997). In Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains: Greek (New Testament) (electronic ed.). Logos Research Systems, Inc.

[2]Curtis, A., & Hoogendyk, I. (2016). The Lexham Latin-English Interlinear Vulgate (1 Th 4:17). Lexham Press.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,072
  • Content Per Day:  3.29

On 9/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, Slibhin said:

I don't believe in Jesus or the Bible so quoting it to me doesn't mean much. I now leave you all to your previously scheduled nihilism.

It's great to have you. I' sorry you're leaving. You challenge us Christians and that is good. Most of us have the same questions as you anyway.

Take care - you're valuable

17 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Jews do not believe in hell.

Despite being included in the Covenant of promise made with Abraham (Gal.3:29), few Christians even know the terms and benefits.

I have a question though. In Daniel 12:2 it says that "many" who slept in the dust. Is not the Covenant with "ALL" those of Daniel's People? Why is a certain contingent left out?

Take care.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

This is a topic and event shortly to come that deeply concerns me. I too believe the Rapture is close, based on the convergence and alignments of everything prophetic for our time, this generation.

When this event occurs (I am a pre-tribulationist), it signals the end of the age of Grace. For those that hold alternate timing views, yes, I am an escapist. I do not imagine the Tribulation immediately starts at the Rapture, there must be a period between that event and the signing of the seven-year covenant, of unknown time.

Of course, I eagerly look forward to my redemption and glorified body and seeing my Savior in person for the first time. But what about my many lost family members, loved ones, and friends left behind? Our unsaved loved ones will have to experience the worst time ever in human history or ever will be.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) [emphasis mine]

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,358
  • Content Per Day:  2.74

48 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

But what about my many lost family members, loved ones, and friends left behind? Our unsaved loved ones will have to experience the worst time ever in human history or ever will be.

Rev 21: 1- 4; Seems to imply you will not remember anyone you knew is they do not make it imo

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

This is a topic and event shortly to come that deeply concerns me. I too believe the Rapture is close, based on the convergence and alignments of everything prophetic for our time, this generation.

When this event occurs (I am a pre-tribulationist), it signals the end of the age of Grace. For those that hold alternate timing views, yes, I am an escapist. I do not imagine the Tribulation immediately starts at the Rapture, there must be a period between that event and the signing of the seven-year covenant, of unknown time.

Of course, I eagerly look forward to my redemption and glorified body and seeing my Savior in person for the first time. But what about my many lost family members, loved ones, and friends left behind? Our unsaved loved ones will have to experience the worst time ever in human history or ever will be.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) [emphasis mine]

I've been watching the discussion on tribulation. It is most interesting to se the different points of view. What I think many miss, and it is decisive, is that during the age of grace, we face MEN'S TRIBULATION. The tribulation can also be directly from  Satan, but he needs permission to attack us directly - like Job. Men hate God, they hate His prophets, they hate His Son Jesus and they hate His rules. So the Church lives and functions in enemy territory. But the day is coming when when mankind will have pushed things too far and God unleashes His TRIBULATION. This day is well documented.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened

For 2,000 years God will be gracious and have on offer, for all men, a place in His coming Kingdom. His disciples will preach this while turning the other cheek and praying for men like Nero. At the end of this age all men on earth will be given a choice. Who do they want as their POLITICAL Leader? This Jesus that has been taught by His disciples, or a charismatic man who promises peace to the world. The Choice is for the Beast. But the end is not yet.

Three and one half years later, this POLITICAL leader will make a claim to deity and claim sole worship. To strengthen his claim he will set himself up as God in the Holy of Holies in a Temple in Jerusalem. It is at this point that God's wrath is unleashed. It s reminiscent of Matthew 10:28. "Don't fear men ... but fear HIM WHO CAN ... ." Men have gone too far. And so, instead of having to further deal with a patient and forgiving God, they have to face the unimaginable. The CREATOR and SUSTAINER of the earth reverses His grace and make the earth unlivable.

There is a vast difference in dealing with the Beast and dealing with the ALL-Mighty. Men are creatures of agreement. They all agree that women have pain at childbirth. But they have not been there. They smirk and make snide jokes of the women they have witnessed in labor. But the just don't believe that it is so bad. So will it be on earth in THAT DAY. Pain - gnawing pain - unrelenting pain - unspeakable pain so that men scream for death. But they will be prevented by God. We all witnessed men and women jumping from the World Trade Center to escape flames. But men will have no escape this time.  The world's system will collapse. Men played god and LOST. Fame and wealth will not help one bit.

And, dear Christian, if you are caught playing with the enemy, if you are on the wrong side of the fence, if you are not spiritually mature in this grandest of harvests, YOU WILL JOIN THE REST OF MEN IN THEIR AGONY. The threat of Revelation 18:4 is made by a God Who has a long track record of keeping His Word - PRECISELY! And then, read on to verse 6. "DOUBLE!!!" It is vengeance upon vengeance on an earth that spat upon the Savior.

Dear Christian, if you are not raptured .... well ... my imagination cannot comprehend the pain ... I've never been there. All I can say is that Nero is an impotent nothing when compared to the God who can breath out a galaxy from His mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1