backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Has the world now come to the point where Sin is no longer recognized as being wrong.

Are we at that point in time where we now can say Isaish 5:20, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Tim 4:1-4, 2 Tim 3:1-7 is come to pass. If so what's 

next! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Primed for the antichrist beast to come out of the closet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

HAS THE WORLD BECOME LESS SIN CONSCIOUS

The short answer: no. This world of man is as it always has been, enemies of our Lord and dead in their trespasses. 

A scriptural response:

What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; as it is written:

“There is no righteous person, not even one;
There is no one who understands,
There is no one who seeks out God;
They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good,
There is not even one.”
“Their throat is an open grave,
With their tongues they keep deceiving,”
“The venom of asps is under their lips”;
“Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”;
“Their feet are swift to shed blood,
Destruction and misery are in their paths,
And they have not known the way of peace.”
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

(Romans 3:9-18 NASB)

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

Has the world now come to the point where Sin is no longer recognized as being wrong.

I think the world isn't as sin conscious.

When I grew up (1950s and 1960s), we never heard of divorce.   We heard of one man that was getting divorced and we were shocked at that.

And no one ever thought back then about living together without being married!  That would have been shameful.   And we didn't hear about murders, fraud and stealing like we hear on the news every day now.   Didn't hear anything about homosexuality.

I think people's consciences were more sensitive back in those days.

Also, mostly everyone went to church and believed in God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

15 minutes ago, Debp said:

I think the world isn't as sin conscious.

When I grew up (1950s and 1960s), we never heard of divorce.   We heard of one man that was getting divorced and we were shocked at that.

And no one ever thought back then about living together without being married!  That would have been shameful.   And we didn't hear about murders, fraud and stealing like we hear on the news every day now.   Didn't hear anything about homosexuality.

I think people's consciences were more sensitive back in those days.

Also, mostly everyone went to church and believed in God.

I feel this way too for the most part. I grew up in the 80s so I'm a bit younger but even over the course of my lifetime I've noticed a strong shift in cultural values. A lot of the cartoons I grew up watching tended to encourage doing the right thing and had some morality baked in even if it wasn't explicitly Christian. Then from the 90s and onward I noticed a shift toward vulgarity. In my teenage years the word "gay" was sometimes used as a slang term to mean something or someone was stupid. Try doing that in the present era and you'll get lectured. I don't approve of that particular usage of the term to begin with because it demonstrates contempt for our neighbors rather than love, but it does demonstrate what a shift in cultural values we've had in such a short time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

It all depends upon the insular experiences of one's upbringing. What both you and @AnOrangeCat describe wasn't my experience, @Debp. Quite a few people did indeed profess to be Christian, but what I witnessed didn't testify of those who follow Jesus Christ. Christianity was an identity (or badge) rather than a relationship with the Son of the living God, and there was plenty of lip-service to go around. Ah, but beyond the confines of church on Sunday, these were no different from anyone else in this fallen world. 

There were murders, adulteries, the abuse of children, lies, theft, drunkenness, hatred, and the careful maintenance of illusions so no one else would be the wiser. That's truly the only difference between now and then: what was once done in secret is now revealed for all to see. Lips were sealed... no one would say anything for fear of shame and ridicule... and lives were destroyed in the aftermath. The good old days were not good at all. That's a delusion in my estimation. Perhaps they were good for some, but they were certainly no better than today. 

That's why I quoted the passage from the third chapter of Romans. It's always been this way, my friends. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

10 hours ago, backontrack said:

where Sin is no longer recognized

Just as God is no longer recognised as being God, so the morality associated  with God and the consequential recognition  of what sin is.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, backontrack said:

The "world" has not become less aware of sin, not at all. It knowingly embraces it and knows what it embraces in defiance of God's will for each of us. There is not innocence, instead there is rebellion.

Happily  there is also a growing movement toward God in parts of this world, even as post Christian Western world especially the USA continues it's open opposition to  God's will.

• Thumbs Up 1