• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 hours ago, Sower said:

"Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples,
                          “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”

And they said, “Some say John the Baptist,
              others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”

Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah!
    For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter,
                    and upon this rock I will build my church;

and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"
                                  Matthew 16:13-18

At Caesarea Philippi they would have been at the foot of mount Harmon...   Known as the place where the watchers landed on Earth.  It is considered by some as the door to the underworld. Is he saying he's building his church on the most sacred place for Satan followers, and there wasn't anything they could do about it?

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Days Won:  0

The church as a whole seems to be shrinking as TRUE followers of Jesus are becoming less and less with each generation. Sure there are millions filing the churches, but many of those churches teach a different gospel and a different Jesus with millions of followers who will go to Hell because they never knew the real Jesus. Christians used to influence politics and culture, but now many churches have willingly been silenced and have totally compromised with the world. Christianity is becoming irrelevant as soldiers for Christ are giving up on the war and raising the white flag of surrender to the world. Very sad to see. These generations will be FAR MORE judged than any nation and culture before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

22 hours ago, Michael37 said:

George Grant wrote in his 1987 book The Changing of the Guard: Biblical Principles for Political Action:

Christians have an obligation, a mandate, a commission, a holy responsibility to reclaim the land for Jesus Christ—to have dominion in civil structures, just as in every other aspect of life and godliness.... But it is dominion we are after. Not just a voice.... Christian politics has as its primary intent the conquest of the land—of men, families, institutions, bureaucracies, courts, and governments for the Kingdom of Christ.

Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.

Things are about to get very interesting.

Its not what it use to be huh. Well at 62 I remember don't you growing up some preacher would be on TV speaking against things on the NEWS. Didn't always agree but Jerry Falwell is one that comes to mind. There are others but the world and even Christians tend to remember the faults the sin more then all  the good they have done for Christ and holds it against them. Gen 1 28.. have dominion.. now your starting to sing my song. I knew a preacher that they would walk all the streets in cities US all over the world. They did it in Israel. Yeah walking praying on very street. You won't read it about yet they are out there taking back ooh I just posted that song "Take it all back". Its not hard.. prayer was in schools. The 10 commandments were in the courts. They use to put their hand on the bible sware to tell the truth. Another song playing now.. perfect "What Are We Waiting For"

I don't care.. here I am lord use me

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The church as a whole seems to be shrinking as TRUE followers of Jesus are becoming less and less with each generation. Sure there are millions filing the churches, but many of those churches teach a different gospel and a different Jesus with millions of followers who will go to Hell because they never knew the real Jesus. Christians used to influence politics and culture, but now many churches have willingly been silenced and have totally compromised with the world. Christianity is becoming irrelevant as soldiers for Christ are giving up on the war and raising the white flag of surrender to the world. Very sad to see. These generations will be FAR MORE judged than any nation and culture before. 

I don't think the number of real Christians are shrinking as much as just being in the open.  I don't think the majority of Church goers have ever been real flowers.  I'm going on 77 years old and have witnessed Sunday morning Christians all my life.

I watched a video from John McArthur yesterday concerning the Pope and the Catholic Church that really points out the mistakes of Christianity for the past 2000 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,022
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I'm finding reports of the opposite:

Christian revival sweeping the country: How you can help spread the Gospel - Washington Times

Just now, Michael37 said:

I have heard of many "revivals" that have happened in America, and yet we are further away from Jesus than we've ever been as a nation. A revival doesn't mean much if people go back to the way they were living before it. These revivals don't seem to cause any lasting change in people's hearts. I'll believe in a real revival when I see it affect the culture. 

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

The Question I have is whether it is real acceptance of Jesus as Lord, or just emotionalism.  At my age and experience, I'm quite skeptical.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't think the number of real Christians are shrinking as much as just being in the open.  I don't think the majority of Church goers have ever been real flowers.  I'm going on 77 years old and have witnessed Sunday morning Christians all my life.

I watched a video from John McArthur yesterday concerning the Pope and the Catholic Church that really points out the mistakes of Christianity for the past 2000 years.

I suppose I'd agree with that. A church of thousands might only have a hundred REAL followers of Jesus. Millions will be in Hell who were Sunday Christians and never really knew Jesus. Millions of churchgoers will suffer eternal punishment because they actually thought church attendance was what made them Christians ( I had a heated argument with a pastor once because he actually tried to convince me that no matter how devoted to Jesus I was, I COULDN'T go to Heaven if I didn't attend church ). 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I really HOPE we have a great revival or revivals. Many of the apostate churches are closing which is a good thing. Still many more are open.

Plug this into YouTube

Preacher Confronts ️‍🌈 Church Then It SHUTS DOWN

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,022
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, other one said:

The Question I have is whether it is real acceptance of Jesus as Lord, or just emotionalism.  At my age and experience, I'm quite skeptical.

We have plenty of Christian gatherings going on here, with the Gospel being preached. Our new Prime Minister is a professing Christian and churchgoer, and typically our Parliament and the political scene does have Christians in it at any given time.