Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,103
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

I have recently been studying the idea of "templating" or overlaying an idea from a past situation and templating it to a present situation. This is where I think the contexts can be mish mashed. I say 'can be'.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Slibhin said:

You're advocating genocide, and to a Jew of all people. I don't care what you think.

No, I am advocating killing Terrorists....   And because of the terrorists' dedication, you must kill them all or find some way of getting them to resign from following Mohammad.   They faced the same problem when going into the promise land the first time, and God instructed them to even kill their animals.   So I don't see it as some immoral thing to condemn them for, it's just a bad necessity if they are going to remain in Israel..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/16/2024 at 7:33 AM, Starise said:

Not much discussion here on them or if there is, they are all seen as an enemy.

What are your thoughts on those innocent caught in this war and forced to relocate? Is the feeling "oh well"?

Do you see them all as the enemy? 

Personally I can't see it that way.

To me, a "Palistinian" is like a "flatlander". It describes where they live, not who they are. There is no Palestine. And the area that some see as "having been palestine" includes Jordan. 

The problem in Gaza is not Palestinians. It's Muslims. I see the folks that live there kinda like people saw Germans in WWII. The Nazi's may have been the true enemy, but the "enemy" was Germany. Same thing with Gaza. Sure, just like in Nazi Germany a lot of "innocents" will be killed by our side, but that is why war is a thing to be avoided. 

In a democracy you not only get the government you want. You get the government you deserve, as places like California and New York are swiftly discovering (and the whole US, for that matter).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The only rule of war is WIN! The idea of getting a "plays nice with others  report card" goes out the window when one is engaged in combat. It is a two to the chest one to the head  mentality that wins. No I'm just going to wing 'em in the shoulder is going to prevail against mortal enemies. So yes it is genocide that is in play. It is not anyone's first rodeo, not even G-d's. 

"In Deuteronomy 20:16–17, God commanded the Israelites, “In the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.” A similar command is given concerning the Amalekites in 1 Samuel 15:2–3.

Why would God have the Israelites exterminate entire groups of people, women and children included?"  -A little something from Got Questions resource.

For answers to consider that includes G-d's "mercy" read more  at https://www.gotquestions.org/Canaanites-extermination.html

This is not the God we serve. That time they were not in Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father. Who has made peace between the two people out of the Jews and the Gentiles, who has made a new man out of the two (the Jews and the Gentiles) by the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. The new man in the new world who needs to have  his sins forgiven in the blood of Jesus Christ and to have access to Heaven to where the Throne of the Heavenly Father is, in Jesus Christ name, and to where Jesus Christ is waiting for everyone who believes in him to be with him to where he is. In the sanctification and Justification by obedience to the call of the Heavenly Father to believe in his Son Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Having "been to" or "lived there" years ago does not give someone any sense of what it is like there now. Not being there when the Nation was attacked, many murdered and raped and kidnapped does not give someone the sense of what is felt there now. Nor does one have a sense of what is going on there under daily threat of missile attack and having to abandon one's home because of the threat. Living in a Country that is secure from Palestinian threat is not like living in Israel, even if you "lived there once" or "have been there" in the past.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

4 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I didn't know you were a prophet. When did Hashem tell you he wanted Palestinians wiped out?

The Torah commands us to make a genuine attempt at peace. Unless G-d has specifically commanded one to go to war and destroy a group of people, then there is no authority to do so.

I'd love to tell you what group you remind me of but I know the post, however truthful, would not be approved. This thread has sunk my already low opinion of evangelical Christians.

I can definitely see why this ambiguous statement confused you into thinking I supported doing nothing:

Your long pattern of not bothering to listen to what I say continues unabated I see.

I already told you I am actually from Israel and have lived there. I visit my family often and know the region quite intimately. I'm almost certain I even explained to you a year ago in detail how Israeli politics and thier judicial system works. Why you think you're better informed then I am mystifies me.

How about you instead tell me where you're getting your information and why you think that gives you superior knowledge then a Jewish citizen.

I don't know who to believe. As an evangelical christian the last thing you want to do is accuse Israel. Only antisemites do that. Well and apparently Jewish people, but I am not Jewish and I know nothing, so I have no business judging anyone. Son of Hamas says the Israeli govt is doing a fantastic job and only going after terrorists. Who am I to believe? I just pray for everyone. I read that 200 Palestinians have seen Jesus. I hope they get a revival.

• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

That time they were not in Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father.

Has not there always been our Lord Yeshua? Seems to me He is divine and so has no beginning nor end. Has not all that has been created been created by Him? Have not all that have been saved been saved  by him and given to him by His father? Even the old testament saints? 

At our Lord's return will there not be  warring? Will Yeshua not lead in that war?

I do dislike just posting a link to Got Questions , but really they do have some great  answers with references such as https://www.gotquestions.org/when-Jesus-returns.html

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

At our Lord's return will there not be  warring? Will Yeshua not lead in that war?

What the Israelis are doing to Gaza's people pales in comparison to what the Lord will do to His enemies. 

• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

How about you instead tell me where you're getting your information and why you think that gives you superior knowledge then a Jewish citizen.

Are Jews of Israel enlightened? The Jews that spend much time at Israel that I know state they are not, that most there lead very secular lives.

Excerpt..."AP — Israel is a nation perennially swept up in religious fervor and conflict. And yet, strikingly, a large portion of its population is secular, and even its insular ultra-Orthodox community loses a steady stream of members who tire of its strict religious rules.

The country is home to about 7 million Jews, almost half of the global Jewish population. But Jewish identity is a complex blend of religious and ethnonational identity; most Israeli Jews are not diligent observers of Judaism.

An Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics survey published in 2021 found that among Israeli Jews over the age of 20, about 45 percent identified as secular or not religious, while 33% said they practiced “traditional” religious worship. Ultra-Orthodox Jews, known as Haredim in Hebrew, made up 10%."... see 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/religion-has-outsized-role-in-israel-yet-most-of-its-jews-arent-really-observant/

..."What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged." 

But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?

And why not say, "Let us do evil that good may come"?--as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just. What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.

As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one."  -Rabbi Paul 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

36 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I didn't know you were a prophet. When did Hashem tell you he wanted Palestinians wiped out?

You are not listening.  I want Hamas wiped out and everyone who is helping them.  If that's all Palestinians, so be it.  Or you could convince them to be born again Christians...   I get death threats from trying that.