Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I believe that Jesus while He was in a human body had a disadvantage, but only if He chose to fall into it.

We can see his humaness coming through at the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus got tired same as us and needed a recharge as we read He often withdrew from the crowds for rest and prayer. This also shows the individual components as He prayed to the Father. 

He had intentionally given up his invincibility in order to carry out his mission, and it's interesting He was attacked (tempted) by Satan at His lowest point. Sound familiar?

Satan wanted to capitalize on the human component of Jesus, so he jumped at the opportunity to tempt Him while He was down. If Jesus had commanded bread, he would have stepped out of the parameters he was under and this would have been in disobedience to the Father who had Him there for a specific purpose.

Jacob and Esau come to mind as a correlation in that Jacob knew Esau was famished. THis is what Satan hoped Jesus would do. 

How could Satan offer Him the kingdoms of the world? Because they were his jursidiction. God had soverignly placed him over them. Even though Jesus would eventually triumph over all things both in heaven and on earth. This was not the case then. To accept Satan's offer would have been to override God's plan's which would have made Jesus ineffective in dying for our sins. It had to be done God's way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

An interesting conversation; I’ll share my views; we all have differing interpretations.

Legal rights, laws, and government (jurisprudence): Our Lord is the Law Giver and a legalist. He has a heavenly structured government and council and ordained human government (a pattern of heaven) to contain and punish evil. I believe the seven-sealed scroll in Revelation is a legal document that can only be legally opened by the One who is entitled to, paid for, and owns something.

The Bible is clear to me: there is a spiritual hierarchy of subordinate heavenly beings in rank and power. Lucifer is the most powerful, beautiful, and perfect creature ever created. Lucifer was the covering Cherib and led heavenly worship as I understand it.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. (Ezekiel 28:15)

This heavenly hierarchy of power and responsibility as I see it at present: Satan, Cherubim, Seraphim, Archangels, Beasts, Angels, and demons, some not necessarily in order. We cannot even phantom the might of one single angel. In his holiness, power, and might, the archangel Michael could not contend with his superior, Satan; thus, he requested the Lord to rebuke Satan.

Part of this puzzle rests upon defining a single word: dominion.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:26)

Dominion ~ kuriotes (κυριότης, 2963) denotes “lordship” (kurios, “a lord”), “power, dominion,” whether angelic or human, Eph. 1:21; Col. 1:16; 2 Pet. 2:10 (rv, for kjv, “government”); Jude 8. In Eph. and Col. it indicates a grade in the angelic orders, in which it stands second.¶[1]

God appointed Adam dominion (kingship-head) over the earth to subdue it. Subdue it from what or who? Because of the fall, Satan usurped Adam’s authority. Legally, how was Satan now entitled to take dominion (ownership) over the entire planet? Did force take it, or did he previously have dominion, and the dominion reverted to the previous one that initially had dominion?

Jesus did not rebuke or correct Satan with his offer of all the kingdoms of the earth. It implies Satan’s legal ownership and dominion to do as he will.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. (2 Thessalonians 2:7)

The demonic realm does have dominion over the planet at present, with Satan as its head, until the Lord returns and legally reclaims it. The Holy Spirit (church) is presently the restraining force of evil, and human government is supposed to judge, punish, and restrain evil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12)

If the Lord withheld all His blessings on the just and unjust, that would sound like the definition of Hell, Hell on earth.

Just another view from the bunker. 😊

[1] Vine, W. E., Merrill F. Unger, and William White Jr. 1996. In Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 2:180. Nashville, TN:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Part of this puzzle rests upon defining a single word: dominion.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:26)

Dominion ~ kuriotes (κυριότης, 2963) denotes “lordship” (kurios, “a lord”), “power, dominion,” whether angelic or human, Eph. 1:21; Col. 1:16; 2 Pet. 2:10 (rv, for kjv, “government”); Jude 8. In Eph. and Col. it indicates a grade in the angelic orders, in which it stands second.¶[1]

God appointed Adam dominion (kingship-head) over the earth to subdue it. Subdue it from what or who? Because of the fall, Satan usurped Adam’s authority. Legally, how was Satan now entitled to take dominion (ownership) over the entire planet? Did force take it, or did he previously have dominion, and the dominion reverted to the previous one that initially had dominion?

Jesus did not rebuke or correct Satan with his offer of all the kingdoms of the earth. It implies Satan’s legal ownership and dominion to do as he will.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. (2 Thessalonians 2:7)

The demonic realm does have dominion over the planet at present, with Satan as its head, until the Lord returns and legally reclaims it. The Holy Spirit (church) is presently the restraining force of evil, and human government is supposed to judge, punish, and restrain evil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12)

If the Lord withheld all His blessings on the just and unjust, that would sound like the definition of Hell, Hell on earth.

Just another view from the bunker. 😊

[1] Vine, W. E., Merrill F. Unger, and William White Jr. 1996. In Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 2:180. Nashville, TN:

Hi Dennis,

Some interesting thoughts there bro.

You were right to look at the word `dominion,` yes it means Lordship, which is administration not kingship. Man has administration over the animals, birds and fish. 

Rulership is different. God gave man authority to govern, however God will judge (& has done) how man governs.

Now Satan offered Jesus rulership of the kingdoms of the world. So we need to look at the word `world.`

First, we need to consider these scriptures -

`The earth is the Lord`s and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.` (Ps. 24: 1)

`...the Most High rules in the kingdom of men,...` (Dan. 4: 32)

WORLD - earth, people - all made and owned by God.

WORLD - order, system of functioning - Politically, Economically and Religiously. Man given opportunity to govern but will be judged by God whether righteous or unrighteous.

Our WORLD SYSTEM

Political - Monarchy, Democracy, Communism, Dictator etc all unrighteous.

Economic - usuary, debit based. Leads to few rich and most poor. Unrighteous.

Religious - worshipping anything but God. Unrighteous. 

Jesus was shown the World System at that time the Roman Empire and it was unrighteous. Jesus was not going to receive that but judged it. 

Satan only has sway, influence over man to develop power and control structures over others. When the Lord Jesus Christ judges the World System, (Babylon) then Satan and his fallen angels will also be dealt with. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 Corinthians 2:8 in Greek 

ἣν οὐδεὶς τῶν ἀρχόντων τοῦ αἰῶνος τούτου ἔγνωκεν, εἰ γὰρ ἔγνωσαν, οὐκ ἂν τὸν κύριον τῆς δόξης ἐσταύρωσαν 

1. Corinthians 2:8 
Holman Christian Standard Bible
8.n None of the rulers of this age knew this wisdom, for if they had known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

King James Bible
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory 

*As Costas Paphitis already described, «άρχοντας» means “leader”, “head of authority”, etc.

*What is the Greek word for ruler?

Archon (Greek: ἄρχων, romanized: árchōn, plural: ἄρχοντες, árchontes) is a Greek word that means "ruler", frequently used as the title of a specific public office.

*Arhontas.

lord {noun} [obs.] ( ruler)

Is referring to Jews and Gentiles who took part in the crucifixion of Jesus. Their names are recorder in the bible in the Gospels and one of them is Caiaphas the High Priest of the Temple in Jerusalem. For information only. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Satan offers control over world government and nations. When Adam fell due to Satan temptation Satan gain control of the earth. Jesus took control back by his death on the cross. Jesus takes full control when he returns and Satan is throw into the pit. 

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Satan offers control over world government and nations. When Adam fell due to Satan temptation Satan gain control of the earth. Jesus took control back by his death on the cross. Jesus takes full control when he returns and Satan is throw into the pit. 

Good comments there Wayne, 

Just a point regarding `Satan took control of the earth,` you may like to think about -

`The earth is the Lord`s and all its fullness, the world and they that dwell therein..` (Ps. 24: 1)

Also, remember that God judged different kings, so it really is as you first stated - `Satan offers control over world government and nations.` 

There seems to be a misunderstanding about - King and Lord.

King - Monarch, Royalty, throne, Sovereign, Kingdom, rule.

Lord - rule, dominion, administration.

The Lord Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Jesus is King - King of Glory, King of heaven, King of the Ages, King of Israel, King of Judah, King of the Nations.

Jesus is Lord - Lord of the Sabbath, (Matt. 12: 8) Lord of the living and the dead, (Rom. 14: 8 & 9) Lord of the Harvest, (Matt. 9: 38) Lord of heaven and earth, (Matt. 11: 25,  28: 18) Lord of All, (Acts 10: 36) and many more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/25/2024 at 4:24 PM, Marilyn C said:

There is a notion that we are to extend the kingdom of God. Is this true?

Psalm 24 tells us –

`The earth is the Lord`s and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.` (Ps. 24: 1)

So, it seems to me that God created everything and everyone and did not give it away.

So, then, what did Satan offer Jesus?

`Again the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.`” (Matt. 4: 8 – 10)

Hope you enjoy a challenge to think a bit deeper.

He offered Jesus the same thing he offers us the world or him! in Jesus case worship Satan and I will give you the world, course Satan forgot who really owned the world!

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/2/2024 at 3:26 PM, Marilyn C said:

Good comments there Wayne, 

Just a point regarding `Satan took control of the earth,` you may like to think about -

`The earth is the Lord`s and all its fullness, the world and they that dwell therein..` (Ps. 24: 1)

Also, remember that God judged different kings, so it really is as you first stated - `Satan offers control over world government and nations.` 

Yes but don’t forget Satan said it is his to give. Satan does not own the land but he has control of the minds of the nations. God can at anytime override him of course.,

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 2/25/2024 at 3:24 PM, Marilyn C said:

There is a notion that we are to extend the kingdom of God. Is this true?

Psalm 24 tells us –

So, it seems to me that God created everything and everyone and did not give it away.

So, then, what did Satan offer Jesus?

`Again the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.`” (Matt. 4: 8 – 10)

Hope you enjoy a challenge to think a bit deeper.

We need to back up, what did God give man? Here's just one  "then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 

Satan said to Christ "And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.  If you worship me, it will all be yours.” You notice Christ never corrected him. We handed what was ours over to him. 

What is written about this world and Satan? Satan is the god of this world. Christ when they took Him said "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world"

We just don't think much of those tiny so called white lies. Look what happen when Adam and Eve listened to one tiny lie.. “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil”