• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,705
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

The Little Horn comes to power before the Return of Christ.

Since you have already written your book, you must have already provided what verses in Daniel that you relied on to support your conclusions.

What verses in Daniel provide the timing of the coming of the little horn?

Who is this little horn? It is all in Daniel! There maybe 10 attributes listed in chapter 8 that describe what he will do or say against God’s earthly kingdom or His people or His Saints of the Most High and most importantly, he will say pompous things against God Himself. 

God has been quite clear about this little horn… 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My interpretation derives from two verses below:

And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. (Daniel 7:20)

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Revelation 13:2)

Rev. 13:2 - The king of beast’s voice excels that of any other beast.

(mll), vb. speak. Greek equiv. fr. LXX: λαλέω (1).

Verb Usage

1.                  to speak — to express in speech. Stems: pael, 5. Related Topics: Speech; Direct Discourse; Diatribe; Indirect Discourse. [1]

The sense of the word is not so much of what A/C is saying, but its extraordinary mesmerizing presentation, IMO. Hitler is a prime example of hypnotizing people, but small potatoes of another greater liar coming.

Some things never change, as with our political leaders from the podium:

• "Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it." - Adolf Hitler

No doubt you will disagree with my hermeneutics, with Gideons International out a grand.

[1] Brannan, Rick, ed. 2020. In The Lexham Lexicon of the Aramaic Portions of the Hebrew Bible. Lexham Research Lexicons. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

Gideon's International is a worthy charity. But it is a leap of logic to suggest that the lion's roar equates to great "oratory skill," especially when Daniel makes clear that the "greatness" to which he speaks is a greatness of HIMSELF (read: a boast.)

Edited by Jonathan Dane

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,076
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

Gideon's International is worthy charity. But it is a leap of logic to suggest that the lion's roar equates to great "oratory skill," especially when Daniel makes clear that the "greatness" to which he speaks is a greatness of HIMSELF (read: a boast.)

Charismatic leaders are known for their silver-tongues, @Jonathan Dane.

The most oppressive wicked narcissist of all time will not be deficient in this.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Since you have already written your book, you must have already provided what verses in Daniel that you relied on to support your conclusions.

What verses in Daniel provide the timing of the coming of the little horn?

Who is this little horn? It is all in Daniel! There maybe 10 attributes listed in chapter 8 that describe what he will do or say against God’s earthly kingdom or His people or His Saints of the Most High and most importantly, he will say pompous things against God Himself. 

God has been quite clear about this little horn… 

Donald Trump HAS said pompous things against God, suggesting that he doesn't need to ask God for forgiveness, for example. You want to talk about pompous? At some level, he parallels everything said of the Little Horn, though some things await complete fulfillment in the future.

As far as verses that set this at the end, Daniel 7 should suffice:

"As I looked, this horn made war with the saints and prevailed over them, until the Ancient of Days came, and judgment was given for the saints of the Most High, and the time came when the saints possessed the kingdom." (Daniel 7:21-22)

Presently, the NT says the kingdom of the world system is in the hands of Satan, not the saints.

This parallels chapters 11 and 12, which depict the resurrection of the living and the dead. This is future.

(I can smell a preterist/post millennialist a mile away.)

Edited by Jonathan Dane
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Well, that narrows it down, doesn’t it?

How about looking into Daniel and telling me when he arrives and who he is?

It is all in Daniel 7 and 8. 

I have. The Little Horn arrives at the end of the age. He is the same as the Antichrist.

Do you know how horns were played in ancient times? They were ram's horns sounded by buzzing into a shaped mouthpiece. We call them shofars. These horns of ancient times are the ancestors to our modern-day brass instruments that are also sounded by buzzing into a mouthpiece shaped into the instrument. But Daniel doesn't call him merely a "horn" but a "Little Horn."

And how fascinating. Our modern-day brass instruments come in various sizes. From large to little, they are: the tuba, euphonium, trombone, baritone, French horn, and the "littlest" of all, the TRUMPet, a "trump." When Daniel designated this phrase for this person, he called him by name.

And I just so happen to be a professional trumpet player. I write music and play trumpet like nobody else.

Edited by Jonathan Dane

10 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

Donald Trump HAS said pompous things against God, suggesting that he doesn't need to ask God for forgiveness, for example. You want to talk about pompous? At some level, he parallels everything said of the Little Horn, though some things await future complete fulfillment.

As far as verses that set this at the end, Daniel 7 should suffice:

"As I looked, this horn made war with the saints and prevailed over them, until the Ancient of Days came, and judgment was given for the saints of the Most High, and the time came when the saints possessed the kingdom." (Daniel 7:21-22)

Presently, the NT says the kingdom of the world system is in the hands of Satan, not the saints.

This parallels chapter 11 and 12 which depict the resurrection of the living and the dead. This is future.

(I can smell a preterist/post millennialist a mile away.)

That is it? 

Care to comment on 7:7-8, or 7:11-12, 7:19-25.

I won’t bother with chapter 8 or any other chapter at this time. 

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

I have. The Little Horn arrives at the end of the age. He is the same as the Antichrist.

Do you know how horns were played in ancient days? They were ram's horns sounded by buzzing into a shaped mouthpiece. We call them shofars. These horns of ancient times are the ancestors to our modern-day brass instruments that are also sounded by buzzing into a mouthpiece shaped into the instrument. But Daniel doesn't call him merely a "horn" but a "Little Horn."

And how fascinating. Our modern-day brass instruments come in various sizes. From large to little they are: the tuba, euphonium, trombone, baritone, French horn, and the "littlest" of all, the TRUMPet, a "trump." When Daniel designated this phrase for this person, he was calling him by name.

And I just so happen to be a professional trumpet player. I write music and play trumpet like nobody else.

You’re kidding, right?  I thought the little horn came out of the 4th kingdom. Who WAS (not is) the 4th kingdom in Nebuchadnezzar’s image?

When did this kingdom come to power? When did this kingdom end? (Because it indeed did end and this is an important statement in Daniel that specifically identifies the timing of the coming of the little horn and limits the identification (along with the 10 attributes in chapter 8) and other comments in chapter 7, that it can ONLY speak to ONE person. 

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Charismatic leaders are known for their silver-tongues, @Jonathan Dane.

The most oppressive wicked narcissist of all time will not be deficient in this.

Who is the king of the north oppressive too?Sounds to me like he gets along very good with Israel's governing body.

Daniel 11:32

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

Edited by Shilohsfoal
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,076
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Jonathan Dane said:

Do you know how horns were played in ancient days? They were ram's horns sounded by buzzing into a shaped mouthpiece. We call them shofars. These horns of ancient times are the ancestors to our modern-day brass instruments that are also sounded by buzzing into a mouthpiece shaped into the instrument. But Daniel doesn't call him merely a "horn" but a "Little Horn."

And how fascinating. Our modern-day brass instruments come in various sizes. From large to little they are: the tuba, euphonium, trombone, baritone, French horn, and the "littlest" of all, the TRUMPet, a "trump." When Daniel designated this phrase for this person, he was calling him by name.

So, in the next episode, will Trump be trumped or trumpeted? 

Stay tuned to find out.

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  1

If we pay attention to the timing of the deaths of the saints  in Israel in Daniel 11:33-35,we find that is when the second beast appears.Not the first beast.

Revelation 14

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

It is the second beast of revelation 13 who gives the mark of the first beast to the people of Israel and that is when Israels watchmen are persecuted,imprisoned and killed for their testimony and their warning.

So the armed forces of the king of the north given to the Israeli government in Daniel 11:31 is the second beast.The first beast is the Israeli government itself.

The United States armed forces will practice the authority of the  Israeli government on the Israeli governments behalf.

Revelation 13:12

It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

He's trying to keep Israel safe 

“I kept Israel safe, remember that. I kept Israel safe,” he said in a video posted to Truth Social. “Nobody else will, nobody else can, and I know all of the players.”