IGNORED

What was the serpent in the Garden of Eden?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I think that we could communicate with all the animals.

Adam and Eve gained knowledge of good and evil, but lost spiritual knowledge.

At the first they had some sort of instinctive knowledge that they were spirits inside of flesh,
spirits clothed by the flesh, and therefore not ashamed of their physical nakedness.

After eating, they gained more knowledge related to things separated from God,
they gained the knowledge that going away from God is evil.
And losing instinctive spiritual knowledge, they became ashamed of their physical nakedness.

But there was a memory of what was, and a realization, for Eve said; the serpent tricked me.

And we notice the serpent speaking before they ate, but not afterwards.

I think the fruit was actual and the eating of it changed their physical state and minds,
having them lose a certain hold on spiritual things. And whatever happened to their bodies
was passed down physically to all their offspring.

And so the serpent was not anything special, just able to go upright at the first,
we can still cause some snakes to stand upright for a while, but they can no longer travel like that.
Putting other scripture with it [ Revelation 12:9 ] we know the devil possessed the snake.

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Corrie ten Boom lead christian camps for girls in the 30s and a woman who was also a leader there was called Chicken snake by the girls, because she had said that the snake first had legs like a chicken.

Anyway I don't know but I don't think he had 2 chicken legs. I saw a fossil of a snake with small legs.

In Revelation he's called the great dragon, serpent of old. But Adam and Eve just walked with God and saw Him. Didn't they just see satan as an angel? Why did she listen to a talking animal?

Screenshot_20240407_234012_Chrome.jpg.45cbf2d9e9a77086443ce0faf18969c7.jpg

On the other hand it sounds like a real animal. Could have been posessed, which is weird before the fall. 

I don't know.

https://eitan.bar/articles/hebrew-word-study-serpent-nahash/

Wait. There are also animals in heaven. Was it a spritual animal being? Something like this:

Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”
Revelation 4:6‭-‬8 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/rev.4.6-8.NKJV

Edited by RdJ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,100
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

The curses leveled at the snake and Eve would seem to be future. In the case of Adam and Eve, they didn't die immediately, but probably lost some of the capability they had prior.

This is why I also think the curse of the snake would have been a curse that would come to pass.

That it is associated with the reptile family means it was reptile, and possibly all snakes on the earth were crawing in this fashion already, so I see the curse as future and not directed to the existing snakes. 

That would mean  the reptile is not in that state presently, but will be in that state. Since we know Satan will be cast into everlasting punishment, I can't imagine the intensity of that outsome which renders him powerless to 'writhe' in it.

There are eyewiteness accounts of humaniod reptilians spotted. Believe it or not. This is plural, meaning 'they' are a thing if true. I have mentioned this before, but I went to a UFO meeting more out of curiosity than anything else, and in that meeting there was a person telling the story of a woman who was raped by one. 

This would seem to fly in the face of the ideas of some angellic in Eziekiel, but apparently there are thousands and thousands of them, and some variety within them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,250
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

The creation story in the Holy Bible says that after God created HE saw that EVERYTHING was good.

The Holy Bible mentions that after day six when God completed creation that Everything WAS GOOD.

Then God rested on the seventh day. The fall of Lucifer happened AFTER the creation period.

So it is not scriptural to say that Eve could have been tempted 24 hours after she was created when The Holy Bible Scripture says that EVERYTHING remained GOOD during the six Day Creation timeline.

Satans fall happened after the creation period because when he fell, he no longer was good nor did he have the position of anointed Cherubim like he had previously and was able to walk previously in the garden of Eden as protector and guardian. Lucifer lost that position when he fell from Gods Grace.Lucifer/satan after sin was found in him was cast down from heaven with a third of the angels that are now demonic fallen angels Eve was tempted by fallen lucifer/ satan who took possession in the serpent so to tempt and deceive Eve. Sin pride was first found in Lucifer than a third of the angels, than he came to tempt and deceive Eve and Adam by making her and then Adam question Gods Word by the flattery of pride and initializing in her and Adam, their own pride/sin.

The world that was initially made GOOD by God then became cursed through sin, and because of this, contaminated, corrupted all of Gods creation, making life on earth corrupt no longer good like it was originally made and intended to be. Instead it became contaminated by sin/pide.   Christ Jesus came to redeem us all ( all who come to Him at the cross of Calvary, where it was finished, the curse was broken through the shedding of the Blood of Christ Jesus) that cleans us,heals us,redeem us, makes us free, from the sin slavery of this world, the sin slavery nature that came into Eve and Adam after their own fall from Grace through deceptive temptation by satan initializing sin /pride in them.

In Christ Jesus, by laying our sins at the foot of the cross and turning to follow Christ Jesus and making a personal commitment to have a daily relationship with Him and His Word we become FREE from the slavery  and bondage of sin, we become in Him, a NEW CREATION, In Christ Jesus we become overcomers from sin and we become the children of God we were always intended to be.  Jesus came to free us from the bondage of sin, that this world through the serpent of old and his occult, esoteric corrupt philosophies are placed in this world to try and keeps trying to deceive us with so to keep us in the serpents stronghold of bondage and slavery . If the Son set you FREE you are FREE indeed!  

God through Moses and the 10 commandments showed men how to FREE themselves from the Esotheric corrupt philosophies of EGYPT, from the other occult gods that corrupt and bringforth death.

Did they listen? no, after looking back to Egypt and going back to occult gods and esoteric practices, they remained lost for over 40 years in the desert.

God came to FREE us from the serpent sin occult and esoteric philosophies and practices of this world that have enslaved and keep people in demonic slave bondage to it.

Why do people want to go back to Egypt? Why do people want to go back to sinful occult and esoteric practices that come from the serpent of old=satan.?

Christ Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of the serpent of old=satan.

It is available NOW for ALL who come to Christ Jesus and repent, turn away from Egypt and its serpent of old  sin filled occult esoteric ways of life and philosophies

Do you believe Gods Word?

God wants us FREE from the corruption of this satan serpent corrupted sin world  and to have us  instead  FREE and  with to a loving, caring, daily ongoing loving relationship with God. Gods Word gives us all the power to overcome the enemy and grow more and more Christ like, through the Holy Spirit of God working in us daily. He is our daily spiritual bread, Christ Jesus Alone is the Way, The Truth, The Life. No one comes to the Father but through HIM. Amen!.

Christ Jesus explains His intentions for us walking in Him in His sermon on the Mount found in Matthew ch 5,6,7.

Please do not add or take away from Gods Word.

Revelation ch 22

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Edited by 1to3
syntax
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

The creation story in the Holy Bible says that after God created HE saw that EVERYTHING was good.

The Holy Bible mentions that after day six when God completed creation that Everything WAS GOOD.

Then God rested on the seventh day. The fall of Lucifer happened AFTER the creation period.

I think the fall was before Earth was created.  Adam and Eve were created not knowing good from evil and that was what God intended for he wanted Satan himself to make it possible for them to know good and evil so they and their decedents could judge angels.

It was good for what he had planned was working out very well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

@1to3

Greetings brother studen of the Bible. God had a plan from the beginning. If we can say that and we base that saying in the way when an architect after has poured in the foundations in a building he looks at his plans and does the inspection and announces that all is Good, everything at that time it was according to his plans. He was made in his image in contrast to the other living beings he had made and he had put his Life in man. In a way that we can say that Adam never had one moment without the life of his Creator till the time of his disobedience. We also know that Adam did not know how to tell between good and evil. God had not informed him about the knowledge between good and evil which knowledge God had but His was not going to be the one to give it to them but He told them about the tree and it's fruit and the consequences if they eat from the fruit of that tree. The Serpent told Eve what will happen if she eats from the fruit of the tree. And the Serpent told her she truth. That when they eat from the fruit that they will change that will have the knowledge of good and evil, like some spiritual power will come to them which will open their eyes to know good from evil. Or discern good from evil because they will be Judged on that basis. Just like Kain was. His parents disobeyed a comandment of God but they did not do the evil thing Cain did. The Serpent also told them the truth that they were two beings the physical and the spiritual and when he said to Eve that she won't surely die He said the truth in reference to the physical being, as they did not died at the moment they ate the fruit of the tree. But also God told them the truth that they will die when they eat from the fruit because He was referring to the spiritual being which was inside man.

And we know that He said that man will also get to know that and he will seek to eat from the fruit of the tree of life. And we know that God said that all was good at that time because He announced the coming of the second Adam who will never happen to him the same thing because he will be born in the world that has the knowledge of good and evil. The next Adam will come in the world with the Life of God, the same like the first but he will be born from a woman he will have a mother with the knowledge of good and evil. She will teach him good from evil. And the next Adam will be in the Life of God and with the knowledge of good and evil not from having disobeyed God but while he was on full obedience to God. And the ground for the dwel between him and the Devil will be in a different platform, when the Devil will try to make him disobeyed God and thus loose his Life from God like Adam lost it in the Garden. There was another difference between the two Adams. The first one had a bride with him and the next and last Adam was without a bride but was looking forwards to have a bride. Enouph for the time being. The first Adam will always have the need to eat from the fruits of the earth to live. But the next Adam we can see that after the resurrection he did not need the fruits of the earth to survive, he did not dependent on the fruits of the earth even though he could eat them. No need to work the ground to survive and not to die. Also God told Adam that they will not be like the animals but they will be organized and take roots in the same place by farming the ground and storing goods for the days ahead till the next harvest. That man will not be extinct but he will learn how to survive by producing his own fruit and learn how to sustain life and help the survival of his children. Man will provide for his family. In the Garden they did not have this care. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

In Genesis chapter three, we learn about the fall of man.  The serpent told Eve "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."  This was intriguing to Eve, so she ate the fruit from the tree and gave some to Adam, who also ate.  Thus, through the sin of man, sickness and death came into the once perfect world.  The animal kingdom, designed as vegetarian, became a array of predators and prey.  From that moment on, death was assured to all living beings.

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, "Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life."  So the serpent, previous to that command, was NOT a snake and did NOT crawl on its belly.  So what did it give up?  Most would say legs, but what it it wasn't legs?  What if the serpent lost the ability to fly and went from the highest flying of the animals to the lowest crawling of them?  Certainly, that would be a greater fall than just the loss of some stubby legs.

Very little is said of the serpent.  It is pretty clear that Satan was within the serpent when it spoke, but it must have been a very  unique creature if its ability to speak didn't send Eve running in terror.  I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't expect speech from an animal.  Maybe the serpent was something more.

Thoughts?

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. (Ezekiel 28:13)

Lucifer was the most beautiful, powerful, and talented cherubim ever created.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. (Ezekiel 28:14)

I surmise the meaning of “covereth” as reflecting God’s glory back to Him (worship director). Eden was not only a garden, but a mountain also (Eze. 28:13-16).

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:26)

Are the three omniscient Persons of the Trinity speaking aloud between Themselves, or, are They speaking to an audience (elohim-lessor god’s)? I reason and prefer the latter.

By Satan’s presence in the Garden, we can infer other elohim were present in the Garden of Eden also, based on the relationships between angels and humanity. Being newly created, Eve had much to learn and experience, thus, I would not think talking creatures would have startled her, as it would today.

I find some things interesting, the flood killed everything with the breath of life, defined as a windpipe. There seems to be something glaringly missing with the four faces of the cherubim (Beasts), if they are representative of creation. Man| humanity, lion wild animals, ox domestic animals-beasts of burden, and eagle, fowl. Where is the cold-blooded representation of fish and serpents?

As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. (Ezekiel 1:10)

Here is a good definition of serpent:

1. ophis (φις, 3789): the characteristics of the “serpent” as alluded to in Scripture are mostly evil (though Matt. 10:16 refers to its caution in avoiding danger); its treachery, Gen. 49:17; 2 Cor. 11:3; its venom, Ps. 58:4; 1 Cor. 10:9; Rev. 9:19; its skulking, Job 26:13; its murderous proclivities, e.g., Ps. 58:4; Prov. 23:32; Eccl. 10:8, 11; Amos 5:19; Mark 16:18; Luke 10:19; the Lord used the word metaphorically of the scribes and Pharisees, Matt. 23:33 (cf. echidna, “viper,” in Matt. 3:7; 12:34). The general aspects of its evil character are intimated in the Lord’s rhetorical question in Matt. 7:10 and Luke 11:11. Its characteristics are concentrated in the archadversary of God and man, the Devil, metaphorically described as the serpent, 2 Cor. 11:3; Rev. 12:9, 14, 15; 20:2. The brazen “serpent” lifted up by Moses was symbolical of the means of salvation provided by God, in Christ and His vicarious death under the divine judgment upon sin, John 3:14. While the living “serpent” symbolizes sin in its origin, hatefulness, and deadly effect, the brazen “serpent” symbolized the bearing away of the curse and the judgment of sin; the metal was itself figurative of the righteousness of God’s judgment.¶

2. herpeton (ρπετόν, 2062), “a creeping thing” (from herpo, “to creep”), “a reptile,” is rendered “serpents” in Jas. 3:7, kjv (rv, “creeping things,” as elsewhere). [1]

I think the very first prophetic verse in the Bible is associated:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Genesis 3:15) [emphasis mine]

It may not be literal, but a metaphor for Satan as a serpent. Moses lifting up the serpent on the pole was symbolic of what was to come.

P.S. Sure is getting dark as I write this!

[1] Vine, W. E., et al. Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, vol. 2, T. Nelson, 1996, p. 562.

18 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It may not be literal, but a metaphor for Satan as a serpent. Moses lifting up the serpent on the pole was symbolic of what was to come.

I am seeing a creature with colored scales that appear as emeralds. I don't think it's any mistake dragons and serpents are at the apex of many eastern cultures, but that's just me shouting from the computer.

There is also the idea of God creating "pipes" in Satan, which I always took to mean he could sing in ways we can't imagine possibly?

And yes he was a worship leader, THE worship leader from what I can tell, which always made me feel uncomfortable being in that capacity to a far far lesser degree, because I don't want to be associated with him in any way shape or form. Does the mention of this cause beedy eyed stares from pastors and congregations all over ?:)  I surely hope not, because guilt by association is not guilt.

Gotta watch those worship leaders. lol. Imagine if Satan had been a pastor or a teacher. Hopefully worship, true worship is now a much better thing without the old serpent.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Starise said:

I am seeing a creature with colored scales that appear as emeralds. I don't think it's any mistake dragons and serpents are at the apex of many eastern cultures, but that's just me shouting from the computer.

There is also the idea of God creating "pipes" in Satan, which I always took to mean he could sing in ways we can't imagine possibly?

And yes he was a worship leader, THE worship leader from what I can tell, which always made me feel uncomfortable being in that capacity to a far far lesser degree, because I don't want to be associated with him in any way shape or form. Does the mention of this cause beedy eyed stares from pastors and congregations all over ?:)  I surely hope not, because guilt by association is not guilt.

Gotta watch those worship leaders. lol. Imagine if Satan had been a pastor or a teacher. Hopefully worship, true worship is now a much better thing without the old serpent.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14)

Yes, Lucifer is described with reptilian features as created. As you mention, serpents, dragons, reptiles, and frogs (Dagon) have been feared, reviled, revered, and worshiped for millennia, especially in the East.

As I mentioned, it is interesting to note the symbolic (possibly literal) imagery of the Cherubim Beast creatures mentioned in Heaven: lion, Ox, eagle, white horses, etc. I do not recall any mention of reptile creatures, save Satan. They seem to be absent from heaven.

If my thoughts are accurate, those Cherubim are not only Throne guardians but also “Watchers” of creation. The reptile kingdom no longer has a watcher. Did it initially have a Cherubim Watcher?

Lucifer was created as the Heavenly worship leader, with his pipes (vocals) beyond imagination. His beauty excelled beyond everything God created. He was so beautiful and powerful that he became arrogant and swelled with pride. He endeavors to be co-equal with his creator.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. (Romans 1:25)

38 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14)

Yes, Lucifer is described with reptilian features as created. As you mention, serpents, dragons, reptiles, and frogs (Dagon) have been feared, reviled, revered, and worshiped for millennia, especially in the East.

As I mentioned, it is interesting to note the symbolic (possibly literal) imagery of the Cherubim Beast creatures mentioned in Heaven: lion, Ox, eagle, white horses, etc. I do not recall any mention of reptile creatures, save Satan. They seem to be absent from heaven.

If my thoughts are accurate, those Cherubim are not only Throne guardians but also “Watchers” of creation. The reptile kingdom no longer has a watcher. Did it initially have a Cherubim Watcher?

Lucifer was created as the Heavenly worship leader, with his pipes (vocals) beyond imagination. His beauty excelled beyond everything God created. He was so beautiful and powerful that he became arrogant and swelled with pride. He endeavors to be co-equal with his creator.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. (Romans 1:25)

I don't get the feeling you wanted a response here. Not sure. 

It's interesting the lack of reptile represented in heaven which may indicate the loss of that particular part which I guess can be inferred from what we see in scripture. If true, then God liked what He made, expecially if He made that form the highest in heaven, and one might infer, either correctly or incorrectly, that the 1/3 were of that same type. This is all pure hyperbol on my part, but internally they are leanings they could be true. 

I dropped into theory territory and decided to delete it because we have all kinds coming here. I think you and I have been around the same subjects in detail and there's a lot of things we could discuss that I know we would click on that would probably not be seen the same elsewhere. Suffice it to say, this subject goes a lot deeper than this.