IGNORED

Do prophet's exist here on earth? How do I know if someone claims to be a real prophet of God? And are their apostles here on earth?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,070
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

PROVE  ALL  THINGS  

PROVERBS 15:10  correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way --and he that hateth reproof shall die--

ACTS 10:34  then peter opened his mouth and said of a --TRUTH-- I perceive that  GOD  is no respecter of persons 

2 TIMOTHY 3:16  all scripture is given by inspiration of  GOD  and is profitable for doctrine -- for reproof -- for correction -- and for instruction in righteousness

AGAIN  --  1 THESSALONIANS 5:21   PROVE  ALL  THINGS  HOLD  FAST  THAT  WHICH  IS  GOOD 

ACTS 17:11  these were more noble than those in thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness of mind ---AND  SEARCHED  THE  SCRIPTURES  DAILY---  whether those things were so 

ACTS 5:29  then peter and the other apostles answered and said we ought to obey  --GOD--  RATHER THAN MEN --

JOHN 7:38  he that believeth on  ME  as the scripture hath said out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water 

JOHN 7:40  many of the people therefore when they heard this saying said of a truth this is the  PROPHET

BALAAMS  ASS ??

HEBREWS 1:1  GOD  who at sundry times and ---IN  DIVERSE  MANNERS---spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets 

--1:2-- hath in these last days spoken unto us --BY  HIS  SON-- whom he hath appointed heir of  --ALL  THINGS--by whom also  HE  made the world

WHY  SUCH  A  VERY  NOTICEABLE  LACK  OF  GODS  WORDS   AMONG  THIS  SAME  CROWD---  COVETEOUSNESS  PRIDE  ARROGANCY  FOOLISHNESS ???

JOHN 7:16  JESUS  answered them and said  MY  doctrine is not mine but  HIS  that sent  ME

--7:17--  if any man will do  HIS  will he shall know of the doctrine whether it be of  GOD  or whether I speak of myself

--7:18--  he that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory but he that seeketh  HIS  glory that sent him the same is true and --NO  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  IS  IN  HIM--

2 CORINTHIANS 10:17  but he that glorieth let him glory in  THE  LORD

ISAIAH 2:22  CEASE  YOU  FROM  MAN  WHOSE  BREATH  IS  IN  HIS  NOSTRILS  FOR WHEREIN  IS  HE  TO  BE  ACCOUNTED  OF 

LEADERS ??  

PROVERBS 8:20  I  LEAD  IN  THE  WAY  OF  RIGHTEOUSNESS  IN  THE  MIDST  OF  THE  PATHS  OF  JUDGMENT

PSALM 25:5  lead me in thy truth and teach me for thou art the  GOD  of my salvation on thee do I wait all the day long 

1 PETER 2:21  for even hereunto were you called because  CHRIST  also suffered for us leaving us an example that you should follow  HIS  steps 

1 JOHN 2:6  he that saith he abideth in  HIM  ought himself also so to walk even as  HE  walked

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,949
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 12:05 PM, tatwo said:

Where are the prophets and apostles in regards to these forums…gone? Where are they in regards to the modern version of institutional denominational Christianity? If one (apostle or prophet) showed up in these forums…how would they be treated?

If this forum is a cross section from the religious world…and to a degree it is…I am curious. With the multitude of “experienced and elder” biblical intellectuals in our midst…why did this forum…now 6  pages and 58 replies deep…“not” get more intensely into the bible than it has…to bring forth a spiritual understanding of the roll of the New Covenant apostle, prophet, evangelist, shepherd and teacher?

To his credit…Ray12614 did briefly along with perhaps another…with the lightest of brush strokes…reference the location of the answer to the question of modern day New Covenant apostles and prophets…I am surprised no one has yet gone deeper into this…perhaps I can.

These gifts [apostle, prophet, evangelist, shepherd and teacher] are given to men (sons of God) so that under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit Himself…you remember…the one who…"when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. That’s prophecy no doubt.

These [apostle, prophet, evangelist, shepherd and teacher] are all gifts of the grace of the Lord Yahshua…which are nothing less than some of the eternal attributes and characteristics of God manifest in the flesh…Himself. These gifts are Him…He is the Spirit…this Spirit indwells select humans who are then being assembled into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. These gifts are given to assist this divine plan.

Of course…this is to allow for the raising of the “new born the spiritual infant”…born in the temple of the Lord…up into a “spiritually mature adult” member of the Body (family) of Christ…to serve in the roll, call, function, or to carry their unique cross…you know…”to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work”which by the way is how they are spiritually fed…that they might grow…these five ascension gifts if you will…are instrumental in the growth of the Body of Christ on the earth.

If these gifts are not openly operational in your life…personally or in others in your spiritual affinity…well that would go a long way to explain many things now wouldn’t it?

Additionally…as a reminder…”the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy”…so wherever the Holy Spirit is…the Lord Himself is…because they are one and the same…He is the Spirit of Truth…and also the One who brings forth prophecy at His mere presence”…in that…He discloses to those indwelt with His Holy Spirit among other things…what is to come.

Suffice it to say…as long as the Holy Spirit is working among mankind in the earth…there are apostles, prophets, evangelist, shepherds and teachers working among the Body of Christ exactly as the Lord set forth at His ascension…and these will continue unto the maturing of the sons of God on the earth to the full stature of the Lord Yahshua Christ Himself.

This many membered corporate “Christ – Head and Body” as "one new man"…is being prepared to destroy the works of the devil for the last time in this creation…with the dragon himself ending up in the abyss.

Tatwo...:)

I do not have to say anything about you and the good words you have posted.

But many things in the post are quite critical about others and without sound preparation, quick to speak about others like you know them very well when you have never spoken to them and you did not get to know them in the way you should have to as to allow yourself to form a non prejudicial understanding about the people you have unfavorably comment about.

To comment about the people mention in your post someone should understand how the Holy Spirit works.

The Holy Spirit works in such way that Peter had to say be patient because "one day with the Lord is as if it is one thousand years".

This statement is not a true statement word for word but it gives a clear message as it happened in the old times of those who  prophesied of the things to come about the New Covenant and they long for them to happen in their time but they happened after hundreds of years.

For the Lord to relax them and deal with their anxiety and not to speak like is going to happen in their generation.

The Lord in the Old told them the infamous say "one day with the Lord is like one thousand years " and he did not tell them that so they can take it literally and begin to count the years and take it up with the Lord and His word when the thousand years passed by.

The Lord did not tell them that as to start counting the days or years or something else and then bam bam it's going to happen. Because when it is happening and it is very obvious that it is happening perhaps but some cannot see it because what is  happening in not happening in their own way of understanding.

The Spirit of the Lord is moving in many places and we are not able to see it. The Holy Spirit is not on holidays and neither is Jesus Christ. They are not in the Old to have a day off once a week. We are in the New Covenant and the Lord with his death on the Cross He has given us some rest as to occupied our selves with the better things as to reaching out to others than counting the days of some event and counting the days and that's what they were doing to Peter and Paul and I guess to all the other disciples because they wanted the Romans to be defeated and other things as they wanted to rule over them and the rest of the world and counting me and all my family and not only me as their servants to be able to be accepted by JesusChrist!! And thus they made them selves fools.

Even though Jesus told them that you will rule with me as you make your way through out the nations to conquer the Nations to defeat their Gods in them, in the people and have Jesus Christ rained in their hearts and minds. To conquer the Spiritual powers who had bind the people, to loose them from their bonds to Idols by giving them the Glorious Lord Jesus Christ.

To win the battle of Armageddon the battle against the spiritual powers that were and are working in the people they met through out the Nations.

We are never alone as the Holy Spirit is always at work and even before we speak is drawing the people to Jesus Christ.

Paul was about to leave Corinth and Jesus told him, do not leave the city because I have drawn people to me and are ready for the Gospel and I will sent them to you and I will also sent you to where they are. Stay in this town. In some other town Jesus had told him to move on to other cities. 

Before Paul or anyone went to those cities, Jesus told Paul go to those cities, I have people waiting for you there ready and prepared to hear the good news of the Gospel. Jesus was working ahead of the places Paul had to go to and was drawing to him some people and prepared them for Paul's message of the Gospel as it happened. 

The same thing happened with Peter and the family of the Roman Captain Cornelius. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I do not have to say anything about you and the good words you have posted. But many things in the post are quite critical about others and without sound preparation, quick to speak about others like you know

May I suggest you break up your writing into paragraphs so that it would be easier for readers to follow.  I had to refocus many times when reading long replies without breaks when reading through your post.  Thank you friendnt for understanding. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

May I suggest you break up your writing into paragraphs so that it would be easier for readers to follow.  I had to refocus many times when reading long replies without breaks when reading through your post.  Thank you friendnt for understanding. 

@warrior12 Greetings to you. I apologize. When I first arrived to the Forum I was always looking forwards to reading your posts and liked a lot your Avatar. Thank you for  bringing this up. God bless. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,395
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/6/2024 at 2:23 PM, Kristina said:

I'm asking these questions as about seven or eight years ago, a man came to me claiming he was a prophet sent from God and I received a foot washing and almost immediately was given the gift of speaking in tongues. Was this man really a prophet of God...

Hi Kristina,

I tend not to place too much emphasis on such labels (Apostles/Prophets) - especially when they are self-proclaimed

Proverbs 27:2
Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
A stranger, and not your own lips.

What matters is that God used this person to bless you with a gift. The gift is from God, not the "man".

No human should be placed on a pedestal above others - as if they have more authority than any other minister. If this "man" has a gift of prophecy, it is exclusively by the grace of God. In Biblical Christianity, there are no Christians who are more special than other Christians (i.e. no 'Saints' in the Roman Catholic sense).

All spiritual communications, including the words of this "man", are accountable to be tested against the authority of scripture - the same as the words of any other minister. Furthermore, we Christians each have the Holy Spirit to guide us in peace concerning spiritual communications (1 John 2:20, Colossians 3:15).

My advice would be to avoid getting hung-up on labels, and to set your eyes on the Giver of gifts.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

Greetings friendnt…

I can see that I have offended you and perhaps others…I am sorry…please forgive me…no offence was intended.

16 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

But you both do and did…? I am fine with you speaking your mind here friendnt…and…I am truly working to understand your communication here…to me.

16 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

But many things in the post are quite critical about others and without sound preparation, quick to speak about others like you know them very well when you have never spoken to them and you did not get to know them in the way you should have to as to allow yourself to form a non prejudicial understanding about the people you have unfavorably comment about.

At the risk of appearing insincere friendnt…is it possible you have posted things here that you may not understand or have misinterpreted?

Perhaps your citation to me is unfounded…I understand “your position” you made it clear…however I do not think you understand mine…and I am fine with that as it is. Your opinion is yours...and you are entitled to it...thanks for sharing I'll receive it as an opportunity to fine tune my character.

Postings on these forums is a challenge…I will work to become more keenly aware of details such as you mention…

17 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

To comment about the people mention in your post someone should understand how the Holy Spirit works.

Of course…I have much to learn yet about how the Holy Spirit works…and I am…so tell me friendnt…how well do you know me? How do you know…how well that I…may know another?

These are just questions...no need to answer if you don't feel lead to. 

Thankyou for your consideration "Your closest friendnt."

It is clear to me…Tatwo…that there are a number of folks on these forums who are here to learn and grow…this deconstruction of Paul’s work in Ephesians chapter 4 are posted for that purpose.

This may not be the place to post this…however because I ran into this issue here…I will initially post it here…those in “oversight” may redirect as they see fit.

The issue of “apostles and prophets” since the first century and on up to today is one of great controversy…however there is no question as to their “presence nor their role.” Paul boldly and carefully explains in a sufficient detail…this matter as revealed to him by the Spirit of Truth.

Eph 4:7-16 NASB “But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.  (8)  Therefore it says, "WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES, AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN."  (9)  (Now this expression, "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth?  (10)  He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)  (11)  And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,  (12)  for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;  (13)  until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.  (14)  As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;  (15)  but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,  (16)  from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.”

For those who have the time and some interest….let’s deconstruct these passages as Paul lays this out quite simply…no need for conjecture…speaking of the Lord Yahshua who descended and then upon His ascension…He promptly “gave gifts to men” vs. 8. These “gifts-graces” are various spiritual attributes of the Lord Himself…of His divine eternal character and nature no less.

In verse 11 Paul lists the gifts given…”He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers”…so…there should be no question about what these gifts are…where these gifts come from…what they are for…and who it was that authorized them and empowers them…Yahshua…it was the Lord Yahshua Christ. These are attributes of…His own person…and He is the Head of the Body…who has all power and authority on the earth and in the heavens and is realized as the Holy Spirit today.

The Lord Yahshua Christ gave these to His Body on earth and for good reason…let’s read.

With that out of the way…what is it that these “gifts work in the Body of Christ?” Verse 12…”They are for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ” So here we are told that they are the “called” as…equippers…trainers…the spiritual leaders and fathers…of the saints all of whom are His Body…it is these that are pointing the “saints” towards their “divine eternal purpose”…[call/cross/will of God]…in the Body of Christ.

There is much to be said about this…another time perhaps.

In other words…their [apostles, prophets, evangelist, shepherds teachers] calling is to nurture and prepare all the holy believers to do their own “divinely appointed works” in their lives…by learning and living out of the will of God for themselves…and as they do this they will enlarge and build up the body of Christ on earth.

Here we are given the exact specification and standard for discernment and judgment between the “false” and the “true” apostles, prophets, evangelist, shepherds, teachers. The “True”…are the ones who are equipping the Body in order to build it up into the fullness of Christ Yahshua Himself.

If one claims these graces but is not building up the saints…in other words the assembly where they serve…is not maturing spiritually in the image and likeness of the Lord Yahshua…at best they are immature in their gift and need love or at worst they are impostors and need to be shown the door…it is the fruit of their labor among the saints that is the proof of their authenticity.

When they function as graced…the Body is built up…raised up…grown up…and maturing exactly as it should be. Which means…the Body of Christ is to increasingly grow in the “image and likeness of the Lord”…who is its Head.

Most ignore this…the rest have never been taught this or see no need for or value to it…and the ramifications of this deficit of understanding will have an eternal impact…upon the leaders and their constituency. It is the Lord…who is the Spirit…that is building His temple…man is never able to do this…try as he may regardless of what he thinks.

Paul additionally established a time frame for the duration of these gifts and graces to be operational in the Body among the saints. He wrote that these gifts/graces were to continue “until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God.”  

Once again...until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God.”…has this been attained…is this complete? A modestly discerning observation of this forum will bring a resounding answer to this question. It is as it is supposed to be for now…however here is where the Lord of Glory is leading us.

Paul continues by saying that the “saints” are to “grow and mature spiritually” and become…a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.” “A Body hast thou prepared for me”…the corporate man…who is a Spirit man…now upon the earth called “Christ” with a glorious Head and Body…hummm…where is He?

“He” is here…has been since Pentecost following the Lord’s ascension when He was first brought forth to creation…He is not visible to the human eye…however…He is a spiritually maturing adult on His way to becoming an exact representation of the Lord Himself. Which of course is what Paul said…”the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.”

Next we see an interesting commentary by Paul…”As a result, we are no longer to be children”…he is making no bones about it…when the intended effect of “apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds and teachers is in the house”…the children of God grow up and become the fully mature “sons of God”…measuring up to the full stature of Christ the Head…the intended result…meaning they are no longer spiritual children.

If you don’t have these graces or gifts fully functional and operational in your life…by this scriptural definition…one should question whether or not what they are a part of is the “Body of Christ?”

Look what you’re missing…no wonder many remain unsure and unfulfilled…or possibly in the darkness and out of the eternal will of God without realizing it…that’s what is means to be deceived. Allow this to be a light to your path…it is light…your Father hears you beloved.

Allow me to explain…when the children of God…stay children…Paul says they are easily “tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming.”

What is the picture that is brought forth into your spirit here? What do you see?

There is much to be said there…however there are some church leaders and pastors that read these forums…who have come up short of Paul’s measure as stated…that is understandable…because they likely lack the gifts and grace required to “mature” the Body…for whatever reason.

Some know it and want help…though ironically most do not believe in the apostolic today…some see it as a threat to their authority…and the rest don’t care….suit yourself…judgment day is today…repentance is yet available.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The Holy Spirit works in such way that Peter had to say be patient because "one day with the Lord is as if it is one thousand years".

This statement is not a true statement word for word but it gives a clear message as it happened in the old times of those who  prophesied of the things to come about the New Covenant and they long for them to happen in their time but they happened after hundreds of years.

For the Lord to relax them and deal with their anxiety and not to speak like is going to happen in their generation.

The Lord in the Old told them the infamous say "one day with the Lord is like one thousand years " and he did not tell them that so they can take it literally and begin to count the years and take it up with the Lord and His word when the thousand years passed by.

The Lord did not tell them that as to start counting the days or years or something else and then bam bam it's going to happen. Because when it is happening and it is very obvious that it is happening perhaps but some cannot see it because what is  happening in not happening in their own way of understanding.

The Spirit of the Lord is moving in many places and we are not able to see it. The Holy Spirit is not on holidays and neither is Jesus Christ. They are not in the Old to have a day off once a week. We are in the New Covenant and the Lord with his death on the Cross He has given us some rest as to occupied our selves with the better things as to reaching out to others than counting the days of some event and counting the days and that's what they were doing to Peter and Paul and I guess to all the other disciples because they wanted the Romans to be defeated and other things as they wanted to rule over them and the rest of the world and counting me and all my family and not only me as their servants to be able to be accepted by JesusChrist!! And thus they made them selves fools.

Even though Jesus told them that you will rule with me as you make your way through out the nations to conquer the Nations to defeat their Gods in them, in the people and have Jesus Christ rained in their hearts and minds. To conquer the Spiritual powers who had bind the people, to loose them from their bonds to Idols by giving them the Glorious Lord Jesus Christ.

To win the battle of Armageddon the battle against the spiritual powers that were and are working in the people they met through out the Nations.

We are never alone as the Holy Spirit is always at work and even before we speak is drawing the people to Jesus Christ.

Paul was about to leave Corinth and Jesus told him, do not leave the city because I have drawn people to me and are ready for the Gospel and I will sent them to you and I will also sent you to where they are. Stay in this town. In some other town Jesus had told him to move on to other cities. 

Before Paul or anyone went to those cities, Jesus told Paul go to those cities, I have people waiting for you there ready and prepared to hear the good news of the Gospel. Jesus was working ahead of the places Paul had to go to and was drawing to him some people and prepared them for Paul's message of the Gospel as it happened. 

The same thing happened with Peter and the family of the Roman Captain Cornelius. 

@tatwo For clarity this is my post as I responded to your first post. One thing I did not do is. I did not decapitate your post but I quote the whole post to be fair to the others readers right to have before them the totality of the post. I was fair to you when I said that I have nothing to say about the good words in your post like the posted scriptures and I say that because I was about to comment about the comments in your post about others. The critical words about others. The uncomplementary words about others and about the forums including this one. And that's where I got involved. Because I believe is not fair to speak about others in this way in their absence and without valid reasons and only armed with what you think and your understanding about them and their work. And you spoke as a judge would speak at the conclusion of a case. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt