Dwelling in light

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  481
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  9

Well God dwells in unapproachable light. The light is unapproachable. Must mean not in a physical Sense. Jesus is the only one that has a real right to be in his presence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,307
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Wayne,

And that makes us realize how wonderful it will be to actually SEE the glorified Lord Jesus in His glorified body as we will be in our glorified bodies. The wonderful purpose of God for us to be able to dwell with Him and SEE Him as the supreme ruler over all of God`s great kingdom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  3.80
  • Days Won:  1

Posted (edited)

I watched an interview several months ago between an Apollo mission Astronaut, who has since died, and a reporter, recorded many years ago now, and the Astronaut described the darkness in space as being black and not just dark. He made sure to stress this point which I found interesting.

The sun and the moon will no longer give its light.

Edited by D. Adrien
Paint it Black, by the Rolling Stones.
  • Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Wayne,

And that makes us realize how wonderful it will be to actually SEE the glorified Lord Jesus in His glorified body as we will be in our glorified bodies. The wonderful purpose of God for us to be able to dwell with Him and SEE Him as the supreme ruler over all of God`s great kingdom. 

Hi Sister.     That is something to hope for and look ahead to. And to see his face is to see love itself. Such a filling experience. Nothing can make us more alive and happy then to see our Fathers face. And of course to see Jesus,without Jesus we cannot approach him and see the glory of God.  There much more to it. God has much planed for us. 

39 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

I watched an interview several months ago between an Apollo mission Astronaut, who has since died, and a reporter, recorded many years ago now, and the Astronaut described the darkness in space as being black and not just dark. He made sure to stress this point which I found interesting.

The sun and the moon will no longer give its light.

And for the wicked it’s reserved the blackness of darkness forever. Scary and very sad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

And for the wicked it’s reserved the blackness of darkness forever. Scary and very sad. 

And then there is the blackness of the mind that prevents one from coming to Jesus. The blackness and darkness you speak of originates with Satan and is transferred to the individual over time, from infancy to adulthood and only God can penetrate through the blackness of deceit and lies of this life without God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Well God dwells in unapproachable light. The light is unapproachable. Must mean not in a physical Sense. Jesus is the only one that has a real right to be in his presence. 

I was wondering yesterday if He is in physical darkness. I was looking up stuff about the speed of light and the universe and saw texts I had never noticed:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/adamjwalker.com/2014/03/god-dwells-in-thick-darkness/amp/

specifically when God is within the reaches of human contact, He dwells in thick darkness so that his glory doesn’t completely consume those He loves. A few examples of this:

• When the Israelites sent Moses to speak with God on the mountain because they were afraid of Him (Ex 20:21).
  • Psalm 97:2 – “Clouds and thick darkness are all around him;”
  • Deuteronomy 5:22 – “‘These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.'”
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, RdJ said:

I was wondering yesterday if He is in physical darkness. I was looking up stuff about the speed of light and the universe and saw texts I had never noticed:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/adamjwalker.com/2014/03/god-dwells-in-thick-darkness/amp/

specifically when God is within the reaches of human contact, He dwells in thick darkness so that his glory doesn’t completely consume those He loves. A few examples of this:

• When the Israelites sent Moses to speak with God on the mountain because they were afraid of Him (Ex 20:21).
  • Psalm 97:2 – “Clouds and thick darkness are all around him;”
  • Deuteronomy 5:22 – “‘These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.'”

Liked reading your link, Rdj. 

"Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth". God will come to us in meekness and great strength!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, D. Adrien said:

And then there is the blackness of the mind that prevents one from coming to Jesus. The blackness and darkness you speak of originates with Satan and is transferred to the individual over time, from infancy to adulthood and only God can penetrate through the blackness of deceit and lies of this life without God.

The blackness of Darkness is being judged at Gods judgement and cast out of the kingdom. You go out of Gods light into darkness

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,200
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

People do not know this, but Jesus is a being of light. According to the shroud of turin. It would make sense, God dwells in an unapproachable light and Jesus is next to Him. I believe as Jesus is fully God and God is completely holy and sinless and has all power to create light and just subtract light to cause darkness God is completely made of light particles. That is my view from my studies.