IGNORED

Falling Down...

Guest Young saint

Guest Young saint

Today I sinned. But this is not the first time I sinned this way.... I have a problem that is bothering me and when the eurge to do it comes it's so hard to fight off because I have done this so many times.... why do we fall so hard that it's even harder to get up? Can we change this and stay standing? because honestly I am tired of falling to my back so many times! I read my bible and find only verses with sacrifies that I can not get. what should others and I do when this happens?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

We need to have a healthy fear of the Lord....

As a young Christian that was important to me...

fear of the Lord kept me out of a lot of trouble...

I did not want something worse coming upon me....do you???

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

By your name I am assuming you are young in your relationship with the Lord.

Next time you feel the urge to commit this sin take a few moments to humble yourself before the Lord and ask him to lead you through his time of trial.He is allways there ready to grab hold of our hand and lead us to where He would have us go.

He is faithful and he is true.

God Bless!!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Today I sinned. But this is not the first time I sinned this way.... I have a problem that is bothering me and when the eurge to do it comes it's so hard to fight off because I have done this so many times.... why do we fall so hard that it's even harder to get up? Can we change this and stay standing? because honestly I am tired of falling to my back so many times! I read my bible and find only verses with sacrifies that I can not get. what should others and I do when this happens?

I have to agree with tah, it is good to have a healthy fear of the Lord. We are accountable for our sins and through the Lord is merciful He also disciplines but loves you so very much that your repentence in sincerety will wash you clean of your sins. He is forgiving and He says go and sin no more. So when that little voice tells you that it's okay, it's not sinful, pray to the Lord for His guidance and let the Spirit give you discernment and you will know what's right and what's wrong. I can almost assure you that as a new Christian you will have your short comings but your faith will always bring you home.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 John 1:8-10 (NIV) 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

God promises not only to forgive us, but to purify us as well. He is our Advocate, and He will more than willing to forgive you of your sin - no matter how many times you fall. Now, this is certainly not an excuse to sin because of God's graciousness. We do not take God's grace for granted. Even the Apostle Paul said, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid" (Romans 6:1-2). We learn to bring our minds and bodies under subjection of Jesus Christ through the constant correction and conviction of the Holy Spirit.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Just because we accept the Lord as our savior doesn't mean that our minds are changed. We must renew our minds with the word of God. We must remain in the vine (Jesus). We must stay connected with God. If something is a stumbling block-we need to stay away from it (in His Strength and Power).

blessings

candi

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

oh my friend,

I do not know, today I guess.........no I know I sinned too, I lied, you know that may not be the same sin you committed but that doesn't matter, because God said that if we comitted against the least we commit against them all. So you and I are on equal ground. It is harder to get up because it becomes easier to fall and more comfortable each time we fall.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Today I sinned. But this is not the first time I sinned this way.... I have a problem that is bothering me and when the urge to do it comes it's so hard to fight off because I have done this so many times.... why do we fall so hard that it's even harder to get up? Can we change this and stay standing? because honestly I am tired of falling to my back so many times! I read my bible and find only verses with scarifies that I can not get. what should others and I do when this happens?

Young saint..... keep this in the back of your mind and it may help. I think I understand what you are dealing with:

Jesus is watching over your shoulder even during those times when you sort of shut Him out..... So is Satan or one of his minions...... so when the urge comes to commit this sin in particular just remember that Satan will point to you and embarrass the Lord over your actions...... No matter where you go you can not get away from the knowledge of the Lord..... and those pesky little demons are always around watching to see what they can get into........ they may even send that temptation by to get you started......... so get mad when the temptation comes and know from where it came.

See if that helps

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I think in my own life why i keep tripping and falling down is because I keep getting back up and haven't quit yet.

:emot-handshake:

though a righteous man fall seven times the scriptures says you got get back up and try again God is there to help and after a little while you'll learn to see where the trip wires are and avoid them but we all fall down in our walks with the lord don't get discouraged because of this it is a process just allow God in your heart during these times of failure and let Him lift you back up again and keep praying to God for help and strength.

OC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I think in my own life it is because I keep getting back up.

:b:

OC

:ph34r::ph34r::24: