• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

So Larry2. You can repent today, receive Christ and his forgiveness, and as your saviour, and go out next week and live it up in the world and die in your sins and still be worthy of salvation??. Have you read all the bible yet, Larry or are you only reading the gospel written by John? BTW I notice you are new here. So welcome to Worthy and most are good listeners and seekers of the truth.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

So Larry2. You can repent today, receive Christ and his forgiveness, and as your saviour, and go out next week and live it up in the world and die in your sins and still be worthy of salvation??. Have you read all the bible yet, Larry or are you only reading the gospel written by John? BTW I notice you are new here. So welcome to Worthy and most are good listeners and seekers of the truth.

Eric, I highly doubt you will understand what I am about to say, but scripture is what the word is all about. I also believe in dispensations which is the way God dealt with different people in different ages. For instance I do not believe we have the command to not eat of the tree of good and evil. I do not believe we are to construct a tabernacle in the wilderness. I do not believe we are to march around Jericho. I do not believe we sacrifice animals as sacrifices to God in this day to cover our sin, yet you apparently do those things because you believe all of the Bible and apply it to yourself.

I may even go further and say that you may be able to use scriptures together and make up things you like it to say such as; 2 Samuel 17:23 And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father. Deuteronomy 15:17 Then thou shalt take an aul, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise. When put out of context you could have ii read this way: Ahithophel hanged himself, and died; thou shalt do likewise.

I personally do not have to use your mighty wisdom such as we can go out and do thus, and thus. I will again use scripture, because while you do not believe it, or understand the meanings of some words, there may be some here eager to learn.

To add to what I posted before, 1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. I do hope you are born again, and if you are it says here that you do not sin. What part of sinneth not don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I actually believe that Jesus died for my sins.

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Eric, I highly doubt you will understand what I am about to say, but scripture is what the word is all about. I also believe in dispensations which is the way God dealt with different people in different ages. For instance I do not believe we have the command to not eat of the tree of good and evil. I do not believe we are to construct a tabernacle in the wilderness. I do not believe we are to march around Jericho. I do not believe we sacrifice animals as sacrifices to God in this day to cover our sin, yet you apparently do those things because you believe all of the Bible and apply it to yourself.

I may even go further and say that you may be able to use scriptures together and make up things you like it to say such as; 2 Samuel 17:23 And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father. Deuteronomy 15:17 Then thou shalt take an aul, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise. When put out of context you could have ii read this way: Ahithophel hanged himself, and died; thou shalt do likewise.

I personally do not have to use your mighty wisdom such as we can go out and do thus, and thus. I will again use scripture, because while you do not believe it, or understand the meanings of some words, there may be some here eager to learn.

To add to what I posted before, 1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. I do hope you are born again, and if you are it says here that you do not sin. What part of sinneth not don

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Dan

yeah I also actually believe that Jesus died for my sins. praise God for His marvelous work. Now what is your point is this your idea of chasing one down to get them to admit to something. ;)

OC

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Dan

yeah I also actually believe that Jesus died for my sins. praise God for His marvelous work. Now what is your point is this your idea of chasing one down to get them to admit to something. ;)

OC

Heres the thing OC ..I have lived long enough to hear good biblical arguements from both sides of this issue. Life has taught me that there is our version of holyness and God's. God's is the standard not ours. Anyone who believes his life is up to God's standard is decieving himself. (her) Yet, God's perfect standard is the requirement to get into heaven. When we sincerely invite Christ to come and take over we are imputed with his rightousnous. Its a total act of grace. I'm not saying this gives us a ticket to go out and have a sin party. Yet we still have sin in our lives. If you have Christ there will be a very uneasy feeling with sin because you are now at war with yourself. Yes we do change but its not an overnight event always. Its a process that we will endure for the rest of our lives. Repent means to turn around and go the other direction. If your walking down a rocky slope and turn around, its still a rocky walk up and you still stumble. I believe the Holy Spirit guides us in the right direction but the Holy Spirit is a gift. Now if you are as happy as can be and satisfied and fufilled with your sin then I would say your conversion was false to begin with. You only said words you didn't mean. God knows if really want him or not. If you truely saw your condition and called out to him, you have been turned around and forgiven through what Jesus did. I also believe that sin has consequences. Oh! Yes...David found out the hard way. But I believe we still are saved. David was after God's own heart. Its either grace or justice. We all deserve to go to hell. I don't want justice. Do you?

Dan