:wub::o:wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Ok first let me explain something, while faith is great but to take something that is at face value while there is evidence that disputes certain other facts would make me a completely fool. Don

one other thing, just so were clear. I have just turned my life over to christ and faith is something together new for me. I haven't tossed in the towl simply cause I can't explain one thing. However I would like some sort of answer and I hope god will answer it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Ok first let me explain something, while faith is great but to take something that is at face value while there is evidence that disputes certain other facts would make me a completely fool. Don

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

one other thing, just so were clear. I have just turned my life over to christ and faith is something together new for me. I haven't tossed in the towl simply cause I can't explain one thing. However I would like some sort of answer and I hope god will answer it.

Brother, we didn't mean to offend. We weren't laughing at your desire for an answer. We were just being lighthearted. :)

I am so very glad to hear that you have turned your life over to Christ. I also see nothing wrong with seeking answers to hard questions. My point is that after 18 years in my walk, I have come to the realization that I won't ever have all the answers. Early in my walk, I allowed such "issues" to stump me and neutralize my witness even. Now, at my advancing age :laugh: ... I am satisfied to focus on what I do know and not worry about the rest.

I can wait. :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Brother, we didn't mean to offend. We weren't laughing at your desire for an answer. We were just being lighthearted. :noidea:

I am so very glad to hear that you have turned your life over to Christ. I also see nothing wrong with seeking answers to hard questions. My point is that after 18 years in my walk, I have come to the realization that I won't ever have all the answers. Early in my walk, I allowed such "issues" to stump me and neutralize my witness even. Now, at my advancing age :cool: ... I am satisfied to focus on what I do know and not worry about the rest.

I can wait. :)

:laugh:

So this thing has been nagging at me for past two days. How do we fit the cavemen in with the bible. We know certain facts, one is that there were several types of cavemen, one more advance then the other. Now what science can't explain is were we go from cavemen (this being big forehead, buck tooth etc etc) to as we appear today. The other thing we know is that the caveman did evolve to a point, but do to there enability to adapt and change and grow technological they disappeared, meaning we really don't know what happen to them.

Now this question has been nagging at me, then it hit me. I was walk to Wal-Mart when I kind of figured it out or I should say I have a sound theroy any way. One that matches with the bible and science. I know many of you look first to bible then to science, I tend to want to see both sides of it. I mean if you get really sick you don't just sit around waiting for god to come heal you, no you go to a doctor and to god, this I think is no different.

Now my theroy is this, we know god created adam and eve and they lived in the garden of eden. Now as I stated before I believe in evulotion. Though most christan would shake there finger at the very idea, but again you can't ignore science. God and Science go hand in hand, whatever we learn is because god allowed use to see the the truth behind his creation. When a bake makes a cake, and he mixes every thing together he doesn't consider that the cake. Yet when the cake comes out of the oven and the ice is on and he considers it done is the final product. This is how I view God vs Evolution. God created the world and Caveman (just hang in there this will make sense in min). These caveman did evolve and became like use but they were lawless, they were sinners.

Now we don't have any idea how long Adam and Eve were in garden of eden before they were kicked out, and more importantly Cain was sent in to exhile and later took a wife. So let use say for now that about the same time Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise; caveman took there final forum and that would be how we appear today, also they had the ability to think and adapt and grow technological.

Now in the bible it says that cain took a wife, now if Adam and Eve were the first then who ever cain married was related to Cain in some form or fashion. Which would be against the laws of mosses (though they didnt exist at the time). However what if the women that Cain married was not in any way related to Adam and Eve.

Now I know what your gone say, but Adam and Eve were the first humans, how could this be. Well the answer to that is this, while yes Adam and Eve were the first two humans that god considered complete, mean they were the final out come of his creation. The caveman hadn't even gotten close to that stage. So the woman that cain later marrys is some how related to caveman.

The problem isn't the bible or science, its that we don't have a timeline to work with for the bible around adam and eve. I could go read all the books on caveman and still come no closer to finding the answers I want. Reason being is with out some sort of timeline in conjunction with the bible it tells me nothing. The only way to explain caveman vs Adam and Eve is that both existed at the same time. Eden didn't take up the entire world, and the bible doesn't describe what the world was like out side of eden. So it could be that every thing out side of eden was as it is to day, lawless and brutal (if that makes sense). When adam and eve sinned and were casted out of eden, they were thrown in to the big bad world. Also keep in mind that human population would have been very very small at the time.

So that is my theroy (I hope it makes sense to ya), while it might not be perfect (keep in mind that I though of it on the fly) it also makes the most sense, it also shows that while god maybe creator of all, he in his infinite wisdom gave use the means by which to understand are universe. I don't know if im right but it makes the most sense and till god see fit to correct me I think im going to hold on to that theroy.

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Though most christan would shake there finger at the very idea, but again you can't ignore science.

Who says you can't?

What if science is wrong?

Science for years thought the earth was flat. Science for years thought the sun revolved around the earth. It was the consensus of the supposed best of minds. However it was often men like Galileo, Christian men who bucked convention, that opened up the way to the Truth.

I wouldn't ignore science. I would look at what God has to say about Himself and about man. ;) Then I would weigh the evidence. ;)

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Hi there,

I dont claim to be a scientist or understand a lot of what they say,

But I do believe God and my heart loves God,

I dont understand all but I look forward to finding out when I go home to be with the Lord, a lot will make sense then.

I trust God cause he has shown me that He can be trusted.

When I was a young christian I used to get confused by things that were said and it used to tie me in knots inside, then a wise person said to me confusion is not of the Lord, since then when I feel confusion creeping in, I pray and ask God to take away the confusion and make things clear, sometimes He does and sometimes I know I dont need to know ,I just need to trust in the Lord even when I dont have the answers.

Hmmmm maybe I have just confused you. ;) I hope not. It makes sense to me.

Carol R ;)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I have always held the belief that religion and science can go together. I have also held the belief that evolution and religion can go hand and hand. However I was watching something on cavemen earlier this afternoon and it brought up a lot of questions regarding the bible. We can trace back cavemen almost 800,000 years ago. Now the question becomes if Adam and Eve where the first two humans, were did the cavemen come from.

The fact is the first documented civilization that we know of goes back to about 5,000 years ago. Now let say we pad that number and say 50,000 years would be about the time that Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, give or take a few centuries. So something doesn