• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to livn water :whistling:

since you have shown me that you are not wiling to answer me when i said you should find the other thread i left for you and have posted this in page 18 for every one to read

now i am going to ask for some hard facts and i want to see weather these hard facts you have on trinity or one ness line up with gods word i am with in my rights to do this since you wil not let me back away but some how stand up for one member who has done nothing but shown no respect to others that have shared on this topic

i wanted to back off and get right away from this topic and alow the others to argue among them selves i had just gone over this thread now and have not even seen anytghing left by you

know please do this simple request lets hear this from gods word on trininty and oneness and i do not want to hear this from mans doctrine or what you have heard in your church but by your own words

i said to you i wil talk to like minded souls who are wiling to walk in unity on matters such as this as this is also gods command we are to love one another if we say we love god but show no love towards our brothers or sisters than we do not understand what christ taught his disciples any one can say i love god but do we love those around us do we listen with out being judgmental do we put the hand out or do we try to take the plank out of some ones eyes do we deal with our hidden sins or do we like to pick faults in others because they are not smart enough

or their punctuation is not as good as some do we see if people use grammer or do we just ingnore the person when they can not use grammer or even ful stops in their sentances do we hear what a person even has to say in a thread or just go over it and think they are being rude ?

John 10 new international version

3 the watchman opens the gate for him and the sheep listen to his voice he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out

14 i am the good shepherd i know my sheep and my sheep know me

15 just as the father knows me and i know the father and i lay down my life for the sheep

16 i have othe sheep that are not of this sheep pen i must bring them also they to wil listen to my voice and there shall be one flock and one shepherd

and please do not tel me the verse i have given out in john have nothing to do with trinity or one ness

we wil never come to an agreement on this topic but just as jesus is pointing out hear he has others also that he needs to bring into the pen we all hear gods voice we al know who jesus is and we al know what was done for us on the cross

i am not going to alow my self to be manipulated like this and have oneness saying we wil only be the ones that wil go to heaven and then you hear trininty saying we are the only ones that wil go to heavn and you wil suffer in hell

this is not what we are set to do while we are alive on this earth christ expects us to walk in unity yet i see many cant walk in unity yet have the nerve to stick up for one person or worship one person when it comes to topics like this

this is why i am pulling right away

i wil respond once i read what you have from gods word and if i feel that you are just going to waste my time i wil not even respond

i love you as a brother but i am not going to come on side of no one

god bless from damo

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

Pardon me for butting in on this conversation, but concerning Trinity/Oneness I note the following:

1. Scripture directly and emphatically teaches that there is One God above all gods (other spirit beings).

2. The preponderance of biblical evidence falls on the side of Oneness, though a distinction between God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit is evident, implied, or can be seen in many different passages.

3. Oneness doctrine draws a distinction within God, but it is one of modality, not personality.

4. Unfortunately many Oneness believers tied together Oneness doctrine with errant teaching concerning baptism in water and baptism in the Holy Spirit.

5. Evidence for

Edited by BurnForChrist

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

damo1

to livn water :wub:

since you have shown me that you are not wiling to answer me when i said you should find the other thread i left for you and have posted this in page 18 for every one to read

now i am going to ask for some hard facts and i want to see weather these hard facts you have on trinity or one ness line up with gods word i am with in my rights to do this since you wil not let me back away but some how stand up for one member who has done nothing but shown no respect to others that have shared on this topic

i wanted to back off and get right away from this topic and alow the others to argue among them selves i had just gone over this thread now and have not even seen anytghing left by you

know please do this simple request lets hear this from gods word on trininty and oneness and i do not want to hear this from mans doctrine or what you have heard in your church but by your own words

i said to you i wil talk to like minded souls who are wiling to walk in unity on matters such as this as this is also gods command we are to love one another if we say we love god but show no love towards our brothers or sisters than we do not understand what christ taught his disciples any one can say i love god but do we love those around us do we listen with out being judgmental do we put the hand out or do we try to take the plank out of some ones eyes do we deal with our hidden sins or do we like to pick faults in others because they are not smart enough

or their punctuation is not as good as some do we see if people use grammer or do we just ingnore the person when they can not use grammer or even ful stops in their sentances do we hear what a person even has to say in a thread or just go over it and think they are being rude ?

John 10 new international version

3 the watchman opens the gate for him and the sheep listen to his voice he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out

14 i am the good shepherd i know my sheep and my sheep know me

15 just as the father knows me and i know the father and i lay down my life for the sheep

16 i have othe sheep that are not of this sheep pen i must bring them also they to wil listen to my voice and there shall be one flock and one shepherd

and please do not tel me the verse i have given out in john have nothing to do with trinity or one ness

we wil never come to an agreement on this topic but just as jesus is pointing out hear he has others also that he needs to bring into the pen we all hear gods voice we al know who jesus is and we al know what was done for us on the cross

i am not going to alow my self to be manipulated like this and have oneness saying we wil only be the ones that wil go to heaven and then you hear trininty saying we are the only ones that wil go to heavn and you wil suffer in hell

this is not what we are set to do while we are alive on this earth christ expects us to walk in unity yet i see many cant walk in unity yet have the nerve to stick up for one person or worship one person when it comes to topics like this

this is why i am pulling right away

i wil respond once i read what you have from gods word and if i feel that you are just going to waste my time i wil not even respond

i love you as a brother but i am not going to come on side of no one

god bless from damo

damo...I think I'm gonna buy you some relaxation oils for your birthday. :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2

damo1

To Preciouse Rubi :biggrin2:

thank you and may god bless you i just spent 2 hrs just playing my guitar and had hil song playing then i put on sevral other cds on friday i am just going to play some tapes on the holy spirit and in one session it talks on trinity and oneness a friend lent this to me and it tels how the penticostals got it wrong i am more charasmatic apostolic my self this is my stance i took and burn for christ said this so wel in her post the ones on the holy spirit and also another seriouse on walking in peace so its going to be intresting to just check al the back lash i wil do this friday avo or morning from my side of the world

i wil stil come from time to time to see what is being said i hope no one gets strung or hung on this topic as my pastor is very aware of this topic and i feel i might bring this discussion into our mens group we have good strong willed men who wil talk openly on this as i want to see what our elders of our church have to say on what has been discused hear so it wil be intresting as its nearly my turn to lead our mens group and this is the subject i have picked so its going to be intresting with in the next 3 saturdays i wil have pen plenty of paper and wil tel the guys to bring their bible

i wish you the best on this topic just stick to gods word in your search on this as this is what i did i just grounded my self in his word and i am stil taming i can know on the weekend read 5 hrs a day and threw the week i get up early and read 2 hrs a day

may god bless you threw out the day and threw out the weekend

god bless from your brother in the lord damien

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Here is a portion of Worthy's Statement of Faith;

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

I am posting this because this is what we hold to be clearly the Truth regarding this topic at Worthy. I believe it is important to have this discussion. However, we do not need several threads going on at once. I will be closing down all the other threads where this is being discussed and be asking everyone involved in the discussion to keep it to this one thread. Every other thread where this is being discussed will be closed down. Any new threads started over this discussion will be closed down and removed. :24:

Let's remember too that any discussion we are having, any debate for that matter, needs to be mindful of the fact that if it is done without patience, without Love, without Peace, etc.. is being done outside of the Fruit of Our Lords Most Holy Spirit. Therefore it is indeed fruitless.

Paul wrote this to Timothy;

2Ti

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

Pardon me for butting in on this conversation, but concerning Trinity/Oneness I note the following:

1. Scripture directly and emphatically teaches that there is One God above all gods (other spirit beings).

2. The preponderance of biblical evidence falls on the side of Oneness, though a distinction between God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit is evident, implied, or can be seen in many different passages.

3. Oneness doctrine draws a distinction within God, but it is one of modality, not personality.

4. Unfortunately many Oneness believers tied together Oneness doctrine with errant teaching concerning baptism in water and baptism in the Holy Spirit.

5. Evidence for

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

#1 why is it when Jesus in matthew 28:19 told the disciples to go and baptize in the name of the Father,of the Son,and of the Holy Spirit that they refused his demand and in acts went about baptizing people in the name of Jesus only?

Who says that they "refused" His demand? Where is that in the Scriptures?

There is only one name for the Divine Trinity in Matthew 28:19. Jesus' commandment was to baptize into "the name" (singular). Since Jesus is the fullness of the Godhead () Father, Son, and Spirit, to baptize into the name of Jesus is to baptize into the Triune God.

#2 why is it that Jesus says in matthew 10:20 that when we are challange for a testimony by magestrates that the Father would tell us what to say.But in mark 13:11 he says it will be the Holy Ghost that tells us and in luke 21:15 He says that it would be him, Jesus himself that tells us.Which one of the three is it actually going to be?

Yes. :taped:

#3 matthew 1:18&21 say that mary concieved Jesus by the Holy Ghost.So if the Holy Ghost is the one that impregnated mary then isn't he the Father of Jesus and not God the Father?

The Holy Spirit did not "impregnate" Mary. You are using human terminology to describe a miraculous spiritual event. It simply falls flat on its face. In Matthew 1:18 it says that Mary "was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit. In the original language "of" here means "out from" or "out of". This term is the same in both verses 18 and 20. Jesus was begotten "out from" or "out of" the Holy Spirit. This Spirit is nothing less than the Spirit of God Himself, the sphere if you will, of the Triune God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2

I have a few questions for the trinitarians that visit this thread.

#1 why is it when Jesus in matthew 28:19 told the disciples to go and baptize in the name of the Father,of the Son,and of the Holy Spirit that they refused his demand and in acts went about baptizing people in the name of Jesus only?

#2 why is it that Jesus says in matthew 10:20 that when we are challange for a testimony by magestrates that the Father would tell us what to say.But in mark 13:11 he says it will be the Holy Ghost that tells us and in luke 21:15 He says that it would be him, Jesus himself that tells us.Which one of the three is it actually going to be?

#3 matthew 1:18&21 say that mary concieved Jesus by the Holy Ghost.So if the Holy Ghost is the one that impregnated mary then isn't he the Father of Jesus and not God the Father?

These are honest questions,so if any of you have any answers I would be glad to hear them. :taped:

Is there any one out there that can give me an answer to any of theses questions?

damo1

people have given you their answers stop trying to create division just go over this thread and alow others to have their say with out you creating division i am stil hear and wil be going over what has been talked about you are old enough to use your brain learn to understand your bible

that is al i am going to say to you and i am still not happy with your remarks left to me any more remarks left by you on this thread to me you wil be rebuked i know what you are doing think hard my friend

god bles from damo

I agree with what your answers except for the part about the trinity or triune God.From your answers it makes me curious why you would hold to the trinitarian doctrine seeing as how you answers are more like one that i would give that one who holds to the doctrine of the trinity.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you asking why I answer as one who believes in the Trinity?

I agree with what your answers except for the part about the trinity or triune God.From your answers it makes me curious why you would hold to the trinitarian doctrine seeing as how you answers are more like one that i would give that one who holds to the doctrine of the trinity.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you asking why I answer as one who believes in the Trinity?

No ,not why you would answer but your answers seem to be of the oneness belief rather than trinitarian.

You answer that Gods name is singular and that is Jesus.

You answer yes,to the 2nd question I assume you meant they are all one.

to the third question you said the Holy spirit is the Spirit of God.

These are oneness responses not trinitarian.I am myself a oneness believer

That was my point,God Bless You

I'm sorry, but you misunderstand.

Your first question asked why the apostles baptized in the name of Jesus rather than "Father, Son and Holy Spirit." My answer to you was that in baptizing in the name of Jesus they did, in fact, baptize into the Triune God.

My answer to you in the second question was "yes" because both statements are true. There is no conflict between them when you take the Trinitarian view.

In response to your third question is wrote that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father, which is true. Yet Person of the Divine Trinity are co-existant and co-substantial.