IGNORED

A Time for Discernment

• 1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

• Matt 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
      16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
      17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

• II John 7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Yet demons can certainly state who Jesus is -

Mt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Mr 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Lu 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

It is the true doctrine concerning Who Christ is that fthe false spirits will not admit, not the simple words "Jesus is Lord" they cannot say.

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any [false teachers of "another gospel . . . another jesus"] unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed,

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

There are even

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Biscuit, I am assuming you are saved (born again) and are secure in your salvation?

If so, then do you feel your wife is re-born? (don't answer on here unless you feel necessary.)  How does she feel?

Now, as for fighting demons and such, this verse "may" apply to you.  

Matthew17:19..."Then came the disciples to Jesus apart. and said, Why could not we cast him out?"...(20)..."And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief;  for verily I say unto you. If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove;  and nothing shall be impossible unto you."..(21)..."Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Well, now we see trusting in ourselves or our "place" with the Lord is not  going to get results.  When faith is "failed", were we just "testing" the Lord's Word?  Not really thinking it would happen?

By this we see that we may fail, but the Lord Jesus will never fail.  For definite results we must pray for His will be done.

So....for this demon warfare, in this example, we have a particular type that can only be expelled by Jesus. So then Jesus tells us to fast and pray, then those kind will be removed.

Our FAITH must be centered on Him in this case.  You MUST fast and pray.

We posters can only point out the Word to you, but you must take the action.

Praying for you, Carl

• Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I am having difficulty with this concept of 'another Jesus' and seriously questioning whether someone recieved the right Jesus when they got saved.  He is not the author of confusion, and His salvation message is pretty simple, so that even unlearned people can be saved.  In fact, over-intellectualizing most often gets in the way of the purity and simplicity of the message.  Lest ye be as little children......

I agree there are false gospels and deceptions out there, like the Mormons for example, or Unity Church that lead many astray.  But I think that Paul was most concerned about legalism, and Jewish Christians trying to force people to become Jews, circumcised, and followers of the Torah, so to speak.

The idea that one could come to that point in their life of being broken and contrite, on their knees and ready to confess the Lord, and they might call on the wrong Lord? is disturbing, and would certainly make witnessing a challenge.  Got Jesus? Which one?   Jesus will forgive you, just make sure you get the right one....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

So when a Christian goes through a time of depression, a season in the valley, do we question whether they got the right Jesus?

When a Christian is feeling spiritually under attack, I am more inclined to wonder do they truly know who they are in Christ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Who are we in Christ?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

One accord you are right.  We should by the witness of the Spirit know we are His.  This witness can also come from a discernment gained by study of the Word.

Although we have to admit many are decieved right now, and "think" they are onto salvation.

So deception is real and needs to be dealt with.

This is where study and prayer will lead one to truth.  If you have truly been called by the Holy Spirit, then I don't think you will "receive" a false Christ.

So...can one receive the "right" Jesus and still be deceived by false teachings?????????

Blessings to all, Carl

I am having difficulty with this concept of 'another Jesus' and seriously questioning whether someone recieved the right Jesus when they got saved.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I was away for a few days. Thank you for the advice and for the scripture references. I will print this off and study ... lot to "chew on".

I did mention I had taken her for deliverance. One place was Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Ark. (www.lakehamiltonbiblecamp.com ). There were few pastors / counselors available for the number of folks seeking deliverance. They were able to spend little One-on-one time and most attempts at deliverance were "quickie" sessions or group deliverance. And you had no idea what the person praying for you or laying hands on you actually believed. Anyway, one person there did discern a witchcraft spirit and also an "evil angel" with an assignment against my family.

While hurrying thru the postings (I plan to go back and read thoroughly), I noticed someone suggested not focusing on the demons (which would feed them) but to focus on Jesus. We talked about this and I have urged my wife to do this. After buying a dozen or more books on deliverance, I told her we need to drop to our knees and turn it over to God. It is nothing we can troubleshoot like repairing a lawnmower. It is bigger than us. Thanks for the prayers of the Saints. My wife is still having problems, but the last few days have been bearable for her and she has even smiled a little.  :hmmm:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Biscuit,

It may be possible that "it is bigger than you"  but it is not bigger than God.  I believe I would fast and pray and plead the blood of Jesus over your wife.  Have your house annointed by a Godly believer.  Quote scriptures over your wife.  Psalm 91 is a good one.  Just refuse to receive this spirit!  May sound simple and I am not in your shoes but any time spent or wasted dealing with this is glorifying the devil.  Pray and tell God you do not want to deal with this another minute!  You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and you have authority over the devil.  Put him in his place!  Command him to leave in the name of Jesus and believe that he has to go.

Blessings and prayers, I'm praying for you both.