IGNORED

Litmus test for Presidential candidates...Christianity?

Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I vote morals...not religion. It turns out that many Christians have morals...but not everyone who has morals is Christian. Carter was a Presidential disaster, but he was a good Christian man with morals. On the other hand Clinton had no morals but claimed to be a Christian (Baptist.)

At this point I will vote for Mitt Romney because of his moral base. His "Faith in America" speech should be read by every American. I don't think any other candidate has his creed of moral conviction.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest writerchick4
It matters alot to me if my president is a Christian but as Marnie pointed out that has turned out as a dissapointment in the past.

That being said I just have a really good feeling about Huckabee and I have felt that from the beginning and I have a very bad feeling about Obama (not bashing :noidea: ) but I just can't put my finger on what it is. Just my intuition I guess. :thumbsup:

Given Huckabee's background, I really wanted to choose him as my candidate. But then he showed an utter disregard for my Industry in general, and my chosen profession in specific. Now, even if he's the last candidate standing, I'd prefer to write in Mickey Mouse.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to an article talking about his indiscretion:

http://www.helium.com/tm/775713/admit-poli...fanatic-stretch

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I haven't gotten far at looking at the candidates but Obama is not getting my vote b/c he wants "In God We Trust" taken off our currency, won't wear a US flag pin.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Given Huckabee's background, I really wanted to choose him as my candidate. But then he showed an utter disregard for my Industry in general, and my chosen profession in specific. Now, even if he's the last candidate standing, I'd prefer to write in Mickey Mouse.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to an article talking about his indiscretion:

http://www.helium.com/tm/775713/admit-poli...fanatic-stretch

I can't believe that a group of people would go on strike...endanger their financial livelihood...and cost the local economy over a billion dollars...over 4 cents! I think its humorous that the author of the blog actually thinks that the liberal media in hollywood...or anywhere for that matter...might treat ANY Republican president fairly. Huckabee did the right thing. He got the publicity and it all it cost him was the negative publicity that the liberal medai would have given him anyway...lol.

BTW...why are the writers striking Jay Leno? His show isn't even on DVD.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

lol I'm also a member (albeit unwilling) of the same union, but still writing. There's a bit more to it than a few pennies an hour, but since I am actually working (my circumstances are considerably different than Ms Crawford's) I don't support their strike. But that's a topic for another thread.

I find it curious that a writer would support any GOP candidate; most of my compadres hang decidedly left.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

From a British point of view, I don't care a fig what religion the Prime Minister is - the legal restrictions against Catholics notwithstanding - as long as he/she does the job properly. I support a totally secular state, one that deals with my needs in this life and leaves my needs in the next to the church.

As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, being Christian doesn't mean you have any moral fibre, and being an atheist doesn't mean you have none. The candidates' religion is between them and God, and no one else's business. Vote for them on their policies, not their religions or lack thereof.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Ah, David, the wonderful Brit common sense. How refreshing to one knee-deep in the Bible-belt of America.

One does one's best, Marnie. I just wish political correctness and "diversity" weren't the new British religion... but that's another discussion for another time. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

From a British point of view, I don't care a fig what religion the Prime Minister is - the legal restrictions against Catholics notwithstanding - as long as he/she does the job properly. I support a totally secular state, one that deals with my needs in this life and leaves my needs in the next to the church.

As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, being Christian doesn't mean you have any moral fibre, and being an atheist doesn't mean you have none. The candidates' religion is between them and God, and no one else's business. Vote for them on their policies, not their religions or lack thereof.

I would ideally like to see a strong Christian leader in my country. Not somebody who would give equal voice to muslims, atheists, etc.

Every citizen has an equal voice, that's the point of democracy. I doubt you'd like living in a country where Christians aren't given an equal voice, and persecuting atheists, Moslems, and so on just causes problems down the road. Creating a them-and-us mentality is never a good idea. Besides, persecuting people for their religion is a a slippery slope. It starts with Christians being given some kind of perks and before the end you're herding Moslems, Jews and anyone else not Christian into death camps. Nice little touch of the Third Reich, right here at home.