IGNORED

Rapture

other one

Guest LadyC
So, do you now have a clue, why I persist in arguing AGAINST that most hideous doctrine? Hey, if I am wrong, I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, I will be prepared for persecution and even death. BUT, IF I AM RIGHT, THE PRETRIBBER STANDS TO LOSE HIS VERY OWN SOUL.

and so it begins. exactly the kind of hatefulness and ungodly bashing and smashing i was talking about.

dad ernie, why can't YOU keep your mean-spirited posts to the eschatology thread instead of inciting hard feelings when that was not the intent nor the purpose of this thread?

the least you could do in this thread is not judge the soul of everyone else.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

So, do you now have a clue, why I persist in arguing AGAINST that most hideous doctrine? Hey, if I am wrong, I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, I will be prepared for persecution and even death. BUT, IF I AM RIGHT, THE PRETRIBBER STANDS TO LOSE HIS VERY OWN SOUL.

and so it begins. exactly the kind of hatefulness and ungodly bashing and smashing i was talking about.

dad ernie, why can't YOU keep your mean-spirited posts to the eschatology thread instead of inciting hard feelings when that was not the intent nor the purpose of this thread?

:rofl::t2::wub: And, Dad, I have a couple of things I would like to say, but since a picture speaks a thousand words, I'll spare the drama.jpg and give you 2000 words:

accorgan.jpgguypie.jpg

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Dad, here's 1000 more words!

vanimpe.jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

garden2.gif

I totally agree with you ladyc the mean-spirit has to stop it serves no purpose other then offending those of us who want to have discussion not an argument. I know Ernie is not going to change his mind and neither are those of us who believe in a pre-trib. So instead of trying to CONVERT us why not just have a civilized conversation without the accusations. Satan wants nothing more then then to have born again Christians at each others throats, I am certainly not going to give him the satisfaction! :rofl: I will just post what I believe not get into name calling or arguments its not worth the anxiety or the foothold that satan is just dying for. :wub:

gotoall.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

:music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

Did I hear this all before??

Guest LadyC

for the record:

Case in point is the "taking of the Mark of the Beast". Do you realize that those who are ADAMANTLY pre-trib are going to take the Mark of the Beast? When the time it becomes essential, the pre-tribber is going to say: "Nah, that aint it, because Christians are going up in the rapture LONG BEFORE it even comes about."

one has only to read through the threads about chip implants and stuff, which most of us believe to be the way in which the mark of the beast will be administered, to realize the above quoted statement is flat out ridiculous. the mark will be implemented LONG before it becomes mandated.

we pre-tribbers are not as stupid as some would like to make us out to be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Sounds like the discussion got off to a rough start saints... and in the wrong forum. Therefore I moved it to the Eschatology forum.

Regarding the question, I think Other One poses an excellent question and all of us should take a minute to give it some thought. Must everything be an arguement? Can we not share our insight without being so superior?

From what I can follow, Other One is not defending Preterism or any other deception which teaches that Jesus Christ has already returned spiritually. What he is asking focuses on pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib theological positions ONLY. If you look at the Eschatology forum, you will notice that dicsussions on these positions have been ongoing for quite some time. In fact George pinned discussion threads on each of the three positions.

So, please keep the discussion of the thread civil and on topic saints. Don't get off into the dark areas of preterism, SDA and othe false doctrines. Other One is asking a question that I myself would like to see discussed. He asked, "what difference does it make what I believe about the timing of the rapture???"

Bless you saints,

Wayne

Guest glorytothelord

Unfortunately, this is one subject I have found to cause most of the arguments on any board - I think you'll agree. I have my own beliefs also so I won't start another one !!!

Guest LCPGUY

Hello Wayne!

That was a smart move to move this topic :rofl:

You asked:

Other One is asking a question that I myself would like to see discussed. He asked, "what difference does it make what I believe about the timing of the rapture???"

Well, in my little opinion, I think it is very important.

As far as salvation goes, I don't believe it has much bearing, if any.

But... Those of us that believe in the pre-trib scenario, believe we should be living our lives for the imminent return of our Lord. We can witness to others about our Lord's love and protection. We live our lives knowing that the Lord could come at any moment.

Those on the other side have no such hope. They look forward to even more and more pain, suffering and death. Not a pleasant thought in my opinion when the Bible makes it clear we are spared "from the wrath to come." Satan's wrath? God's wrath? It doesn't matter. The "Blessed Hope" is that we will be spared.

What if we are wrong? We know enough scriptures to NEVER take the MARK! We would admit we were wrong. But... I don't think that will happen. God's Word doesn't lie. His bride is NOT destined to wrath, to the tribulation.

I hope this discussion can go on, but without all the meanness, supercilious attitudes and name calling. Maybe if all are a little more kind to one another, we could all learn more.

Let us continue to debate this subject, but out of Love, Humility, Gentleness and Kindness.

Love you Wayne,

Bro John :hug:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello lcpguy :il:

But... Those of us that believe in the pre-trib scenario, believe we should be living our lives for the imminent return of our Lord. We can witness to others about our Lord's love and protection. We live our lives knowing that the Lord could come at any moment.

I would like to help you with a misconception you seem to have with post trib pre wrath Christian brothers. That being that you believe that because you live your life like Jesus could be coming any time, it motivates you to witness to others about our Messiah's Love, that somehow we post trib pre wrath Christians do not do these things. That somehow we do not live Christian lives because we don't think God is coming any time soon. I would like to dispel this misconception.

Firstly i do not witness to others about our Lord's love because i am worried that He is coming soon but because i love others and want them to accept Jesus as their savor and be with God in eternity. We both know what the alternative is don't we? Also I know that i will die when the days Our God has given me has expired and i do not know what day that will be. So what is the practical difference for a Christian between being rapture and dying? If one is ready to die today then one is ready for the rapture today agreed? In our physical lives we must be prepared to live a hundred years but in our faith lives we must be prepared to die NOW. So let me assure you that that post trib pre wrath Christians are motivated to love others and bear witness to the Word of God. :hug:

Those on the other side have no such hope. They look forward to even more and more pain, suffering and death. Not a pleasant thought in my opinion when the Bible makes it clear we are spared "from the wrath to come." Satan's wrath? God's wrath? It doesn't matter. The "Blessed Hope" is that we will be spared.

My blessed hope is to be in eternity with Yahweh. It is my blessed hope that God will not make me face more than i can withstand.

1 Thessalonians 5:9

For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ

Amen

Revelation 19:15

Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

John 16:33

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Matthew 24:9

4And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.

There is a difference between tribulation and wrath. Yes we are not appointed to wrath but in this world we shall have tribulation.

All praise The Ancient Of Days