IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I wore capris today cause of the chiropractor. I didnt care for it. They are three sizes too big, and had to be bunched up with a belt and are uncomfy. Next time I go to the chiropractor, I will wear a skirt, with exercise capri pants underneath.

Capris bunched up that are three sizes to big with a skirt over it? :rolleyes:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my skirts would probably blow up more easily than others, I don't wear those on windy days. I have a long denim jumper that think is pretty much impossible for it to blow up. In winter, a long coat helps alot. With proper precautions, I have not had a problem with my skirts blowing up

No offense, but it seems that people have to go to great lengths to make sure they're modest while wearing a skirt.

I wore a skirt once the first day of lab. Lab 1 is about teaching anatomical terms - regions of the bodies and such. As I was trying to point out different areas on myself to show the students, I soon discovered, while lifting my leg up for them to see, that wearing a skirt that day was a very, very bad idea.

:rolleyes:

This thread is hilarious.

I cracked up at Fresno Joe's question too.

Last time I wore a skirt to church, I also had to wear nylons as it was cold. I wore boots as well. It was very modest - below the knee. About as modest as pants. The stupid skirt kept creeping up my leg when i would sit down and I'd stand up and have to pull it back down. What a pain.

but did it ever occur to you, or any of you ladies, that wearing a skirt at strange times (like when hanging drywall?!?!) is actually drawing attention yourselves?
:24::rolleyes:

They have long spring coats as well.

So on a hot day in July (I've been there in July so I know it's like walking around in an oven) and it's also windy, you suggest Lady C wear a dress with long spring coat over top of it?

Hey Lady C, how's that for an idea?

I wonder if that would draw some attention? :rolleyes:

Second, will women in pants hinder their witness? First impressions are important, so you have to decide if people might be turned off to it? I know if a woman came to my door witnessing wearing pants, I would have a poor impression of her church.

Before I was a Christian, if women came to my door and were trying to witness to me and they were all wearing dresses, I'd think "oh, cult like strictness".

Do you ever try to imagine what nonBelievers think?

. If a woman came to my house witnessing wearing pants, I would never visit her church. That is because I would feel like the church was fine with sin, and wasn't speaking out against it.

Oh my.

Another thing I noticed is that many Christians are "passive/aggressive." That is, they claim their convictions are "personal," yet hang them out there for all the church to see, and make really odd statements like this:

Bang on.

Went through this in great detail probably, to no avail, in the tattoo thread. If you don't like it don't do it, but you are not the Holy Spirit to everyone else.

In the opinion of those who think pants are just plain wrong on a women, are women allowed to be athletes, or painters, factory workers, welders?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There are a few questions you must ask yourself Kittylover when making this decision.

First of all, what image does your church want to portray in the community? If the church takes a stand against women wearing pants, it makes no sense to send out female amabassadors of the church in pants. It will only cause confusion.

Second, will women in pants hinder their witness? First impressions are important, so you have to decide if people might be turned off to it? ....

That being said, here is my advise.

If your church takes a stand against women in pants, you can't have female representatives of the church wearing pants. ...

If your church is one that promotes casual dress, and the church thinks it is fine for women to wear pants, then it doesn't matter. .

.... it comes down to what kind of church you have,

what kind of church you want to have, and

the people you are witnessing to, and

how they will be impacted.

Excellent answer to the question which was posted.

I would only add that should they church be one that does make a stand against pants/trousers, or, should they be in a community where this might be an issue, the women of the church might encourage her enthusiasm for visitation by giving her a gift of several appropriate dresses.

1 Corinthians 8:1