• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

I don't believe that is absolute. Satan influences us to commit all sorts of sin

satan however does not commit the sin

floating axe...what does the Bible say about Murder and the consiquences of murder?

here you go

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

as you can see by that...it is straight foward...I am sorry if this upsets those who do not like unpalletable truths...but the bible is more than clear on the subject.

for the opening poster...herer are a few more words on the subject.

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

1Pe 4:16 Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

1Pe 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

**** deleted by me ****

Could a mod close this? I really don't want this to become a freaking debate.

Edited by ~~ angelique ~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Yes, murder is a sin....but so is lying, stealing, disrespecting parents, etc. The blood of Christ covers ALL sin. This is not a license to lie, cheat, steal, and murder, but if a person turns away from sin (repents) and turns to Christ, He is faithful to forgive.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

What happens if a Christian commits suicide? Do they go to heaven or sent to hell?
I was under the impression that this was solely a Roman Catholic conundrum. The reasoning was/is that you must be absolved of sin by a priest before you die. If you kill yourself (murder) then you don't have time to confess to a priest and therefore you have sin hanging over your head and therefore doomed.

Protestantism shouldn't have that problem. We don't believe we need a priest to intercede for us, because we already have a priest (Jesus) who does that for us. As such, all sins we commit are taken before God. And as people have already mentioned, there are many sins which we make and are unaware of and obviously don't confess. It all comes down to our heart for God, and our striving to live for him and him alone.

Certainly suicide is a terrible thing. But I cannot see that those who commit it are necessarily in their right minds. Something happens to leave them in such a position that they feel they have nowhere left to turn to except the Final solution. A dear friend of mine had his mother commit suicide only a year or so back now. It shocked everyone - she was the happiest person you ever saw. She loved and cared for her family deeply and would never do anything to willingly harm them. But obviously she didn't realise that this would hurt them deeper than anything could. Something was happening in her own mind that left her with no other alternative (that she could see).

When such a malady strikes a person's mind and they can see no other view, they clearly have no personal understanding of their actions. Are they then to be held accountable for doing this, when they don't perhaps even realise that what they are doing is against God's will? If they have accepted Christ as Lord and saviour, then I would argue that they have been forgiven - totally and completely. Whatever hurt they were going through in life that led them to the dark place to commit that act, certainly it couldn't warrant Jesus turning his back on them in the next life as well.

Just my thoughts on the matter,

~ Paranoid Android

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

John 10:10 NIV

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

**** deleted by me ****

Could a mod close this? I really don't want this to become a freaking debate.

Please respect the OP. Thank You.

God Bless,

OneLight

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Closed