IGNORED

<< Everlasting life >>

Larry 2

Guest shiloh357
Understanding that for life to be eternal, it has to have no beginning and no end. If you are a person who holds to the belief that those who are saved were chosen for salvation from the foundations of the Earth, then this would be clearly the case.

Eternal life is God Himself, not a length time. When speaking of Eternal Life, we need to get rid of the "linear" concept of life/time. Eternal Life is a person, not a length of time. Eternal Life is Jesus and He lives in us in the person of the Holy Spirit. Jesus more than once refers to Himself as Eternal Life

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Understanding that for life to be eternal, it has to have no beginning and no end. If you are a person who holds to the belief that those who are saved were chosen for salvation from the foundations of the Earth, then this would be clearly the case.

If, on the other hand, you are one who believes that salvation begins when you make a choice to be saved, then everlasting life would be a more accurate use of the language. This use of the word indicating that your life has a beginning point as a created being.

But, the one thing that is for certain, it means that we spend the rest of time with JESUS.

I believe the Bible teaches that Christ's bride is elect. I do not believe that we had no beginning. I fail to see how those two beliefs would mesh? :emot-hug:

Salvation is from the hand of God and it is not a process it is a one-time justification. Sanctification is the process.

No matter if a person is Arminian or Calvinist, true Christians believe that all people whether saved or lost, live forever. It seems then that everlasting life doesnt just mean "living forever in eternity" since everyone will anyway.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If, on the other hand, you are one who believes that salvation begins when you make a choice to be saved, then everlasting life would be a more accurate use of the language. This use of the word indicating that your life has a beginning point as a created being.

But, the one thing that is for certain, it means that we spend the rest of time with JESUS.

I believe the Bible teaches that Christ's bride is elect. I do not believe that we had no beginning. I fail to see how those two beliefs would mesh? :emot-hug:

Salvation is from the hand of God and it is not a process it is a one-time justification. Sanctification is the process.

No matter if a person is Arminian or Calvinist, true Christians believe that all people whether saved or lost, live forever. It seems then that everlasting life doesnt just mean "living forever in eternity" since everyone will anyway.

To me there is a difference in Eternal life with Christ and Eternal death in the lake of fire. Those cast into the lake of fire is known as the second death

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

To me there is a difference in Eternal life with Christ and Eternal death in the lake of fire. Those cast into the lake of fire is known as the second death

Yes thats true. Even though they live forever it is in the lake of fire.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Yes thats true. Even though they live forever it is in the lake of fire.

Yes, death is best understood as separation. Not ceasing to exist. God warned Adam and Eve that on the day they ate of the fruit they would die. They did not cease to exist that day. They became separated from true relationship with God. One of the symptoms of that separation was eventual physical death and the soul separating from the physical body.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have heard it explained this way - The moment we believe we inherit God's own eternal life (Without beginning or end) everlasting
Eternal life is God's own life living in us and through. We have eternal life today, right now. The word is the same in Hebrew and Gree, for everlasting or eternal.

Eternal life is not a quality of life or even a length of time, which is why it has no beginning or end. It is not linear. Eternal life is a person Eternal life is Jesus, Himself who indwells us in the Person of the Holy Spirit.

That is why we have a know-so salvation. We are saved right now because God's very life is in us right now.

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Eternal life is God Himself, not a length time. When speaking of Eternal Life, we need to get rid of the "linear" concept of life/time. Eternal Life is a person, not a length of time. Eternal Life is Jesus and He lives in us in the person of the Holy Spirit. Jesus more than once refers to Himself as Eternal Life

WHATEVER

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

WHATEVER

He's right. :thumbsup: