• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

Just had a thought, hope this makes sense. :emot-handshake: Hope you can find it in your heart to touch base with these.

Adam allowed Eve to tempt him to share the apple! (If it was an apple) of the tree that they were told not to touch. His sin was greater.

As it is in these times we men have allowed women (Wives girl, friends, friends) to dominate because of Political Correctness built up over time through our (Men's ) compliance & compromise.

:whistling::emot-giggle:

I am basically lazy with not a lot of 'get up & go'. So to be in the latter situation is a cop out for me, but things in our relationship have improved greatly for both of us over the years.

I'm 73 with still a lot to learn.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. :sneaking:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I wonder why no one else has replied to this yet :thumbsup: Not easy topic for women either :rolleyes:

When I went to college this year, in the opening week, there was a session where they divide up the guys and girls into different buildings (there are alot of us :P ) for us each to have our own lesson/message. The pastor's wife gave us a lesson that day, obviously geared toward the girls, but on not being that woman, and about being modest, and being a proverbs 31 woman really. Now I have to say, the pastor's wife at that college is a picture of the Proverbs 31 woman in my mind, jsut from what I've seen of her love and her care, her submission to her husband, love for the Lord and people, willingness to serve... it shines in her face.

Anyway, she had talked about Solomon, and how wise he was, He had asked God for wisdom!! Yet, his downfall was women! He said in Ecclesiastes, 'Vanity of vanity", emptiness of emptiness. Translated into modern terms, if I have a cup and I say this cup is empty, you'd say "yeah, duh, of course it's empt", but if I say "even the emptiness of this cup is empty", you would say that that's deep. Solomon said vanity of vanities, all is vanity. He had all the wisdom of hte world, he had wisdom from God, and yet, his downfalll was women. How many hundreds of wives and concubines did he have? All is vanity.

That lesson was on not being a woman that would cause a man to fall. Sure, it went into dress about how immodest dress causes a man to look at a woman as a collection of body parts... it was about walking with the Lord, and probably about countenance, being the woman we shoudl be for the Lord, and a future wife, etc.

You wouldn't htink that the wisest man in the world, his downfall would be women, but it was. Looking in Proverbs, there is the strange man, but more than the strange man, we read of the strange woman with her seductions, linen's for Egypt, waiting in the street for the simple man, saying that the man of the house is gone is not set to return for a long while.

Women are easily the greatest downfall of man, as even shown by Adam! Eve was "in the transgression", but then Adam turned to God and said "the woman that thou gavest me!"

The bible has put the father and mother over the children, and the husband over hte wife (and God over the husband). Wives are to submit to their husband, and I've seem to learn that it deals heavily on trusting that God is truly leading your husband. Then, husbands aren't off the hook either, they are to love their wives, and Christ loved the church... There is so much in both of those. The wives are to submit to the husbands, just as the church (the people) submit to the Lord, but the husbands love their wives as Christ loved the church, he gave his life for us, and loves us beyond all understanding.

The older women need to be teaching the younger (Titus) to be sober, obedient to their husbands, but it's all about loving the Lord

Awesome thread. While men need to be watching out to not allow themselves to be decieved and seduced by women, the women also need to making sure they are not doing so to the men.

In Christ,

Crys

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

If there were a question, I may reply. but since it is a statement, I can only respond.

Amen!

Wonderful Posts!

One Way To Look At The Act Of Original Sin Is That Both Our Grandmother AND Our Grandfather Did Not Trust The LORD Their God.

Take heed, brethren,

lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

And Only By The Grace Of God Were They Saved

And Abraham said,

My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. Genesis 22:8

>>>>>()<<<<<

Grace

The Trouble With Sin

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Is That We All Earned The Wrath Of God

For the wages of sin is death; Romans 6:23(a)

The Shelter Of God

but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23(b)

Is Offered To All Who Will Hear

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door,

I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

To All Who Will Believe And Confess Jesus Is LORD

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,

and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Boys

And Girls Too!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

The reson the Bible instructs us that men are supposed to be the leaders and women are supposed to be their helpers is that it is not so in nature. Women have always had the role of leader in nature and it is the nature of a man to bend to the will of the woman in order to satisfy his flesh.

A carnal man is dominated by his flesh and gives in for the instant gratification. Women have used this as a lever from the beginning of time.

The Bible tells us that this should not be so. That the woman's body belongs to the man (in marriage) and the man's body belongs to the woman.

The Bible also tells us that it is the place of a woman to be in subjection to her man for this very reason. She is not to coerce or contradict. She is to trust and obey him as if he is CHRIST.

That is why it is a shame to a man and the church when a woman has control over the man.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

As it is in these times we men have allowed women (Wives girl, friends, friends) to dominate because of Political Correctness built up over time through our (Men's ) compliance & compromise.

:cool::taped:

You've 'allowed' this to happen? Or did it happen in spite of you? :cool:

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. :wub:

With that I wholeheartedly agree! ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

The reson the Bible instructs us that men are supposed to be the leaders and women are supposed to be their helpers is that it is not so in nature. Women have always had the role of leader in nature and it is the nature of a man to bend to the will of the woman in order to satisfy his flesh.

A carnal man is dominated by his flesh and gives in for the instant gratification. Women have used this as a lever from the beginning of time.

The Bible tells us that this should not be so. That the woman's body belongs to the man (in marriage) and the man's body belongs to the woman.

The Bible also tells us that it is the place of a woman to be in subjection to her man for this very reason. She is not to coerce or contradict. She is to trust and obey him as if he is CHRIST.

That is why it is a shame to a man and the church when a woman has control over the man.

ive never looked at it like that ,,,arrow from god

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

The woman blamed the snake ...

the man blamed the woman ....

I believe they were both equally at fault...

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

and by man it is intended to be both men and women...

My flesh nature will fail me every time...

But greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world... I can overcome...

Scripture is full of instruction for young men to watch out ...

Ecc 7:26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

We all have to watch out for the harlot .... men and women ....

my 2 cents... :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Just had a thought, hope this makes sense. :whistling: Hope you can find it in your heart to touch base with these.

Adam allowed Eve to tempt him to share the apple! (If it was an apple) of the tree that they were told not to touch. His sin was greater.

:laugh::laugh:

I am basically lazy with not a lot of 'get up & go'. So to be in the latter situation is a cop out for me, but things in our relationship have improved greatly for both of us over the years.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. :laugh:

Niether Adams sin nor Eves sin was greater then the other. However the one who had the most responcibility was Adam. Because he was supposed to look out after and inform his wife. We know from scripture that she was informed and I believed that if Adam had not taken of the fruit that the whole thing could have been stopped in it's tracks. But because he did partake of the forbiddon fruit we still suffer with sin to day.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Just had a thought, hope this makes sense. :whistling: Hope you can find it in your heart to touch base with these.

:laugh::laugh:

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. :laugh:

Actually, they were not told not to touch it. that was part of the problem, the serpent got Eve to "ADD" to the Word of God, which made what she said an un-truth. by doing this she had become deceived by her own undoing. God had said that they were not to eat of it..... she added the part that man was not to touch it either....

some thing else, I read it, it states that Adam was with her ( indicating he was there when it happened)

Domination is wrong. whether it be man over woman, or other men, domination is not good. it becomes very selfish. Woman was to be mans HELPER (Helpmate)..... a way to look at this is, the woman was created by use of the Rib, not the foot, or the head, but the rib..... the Rib protects the heart the most vital of all organs, the woman is to protect her husband, not tear into his heart, not to cut him down, especially in front of his friends or family, nor in front of anyone. she is to lift him up..... the man, also, being side by side of the woman (his rib) he is not to "LORD" over her either, he is to lift her up, support her, to love her and care for her.

when the man and woman marry, they are both suppose to leave their families, their folks and join together, becoming one, not two people but one..... my wife is Mrs, she can sign as Mrs. Michael............ and it is perfectly legal, as well as what the Word says about it.....

The Word says that if a woman says something it will stand unless the father or husband (if married) says it is not so if they know about it. if they find out about it and do not say anything, then it will stand fast.

even intodays world, most states have a 72 hour cool down period for purchases. yes, 72 hours.... especially when it comes to those stupid time share deals, or other "ONLY GOOD TODAY" deals..... the husband and wife are to work together on this, if one is weak, the other is to assist them with their strengths.....

the way it is suppose to work is that man and woman, husband and wife, work together, not one over theother orthe other over the one..... but working side by side, for the Lord, walking hand in hand as they follow the Lord.

even Paul elevated women.... he was even ministered to by Pheobe and Persilla... who knows who else.....

a person might say that they served paul, this may be true, but in doing so, they were also mimiccing the Lord God almighty, for God is the SERVANT OF ALL SERVANTS, He served us way before we ever even thought about serving Him.... yes, God gave us the example to follow, man and woman were both served by God, the Creator, serving the creation.

men are to serve their wifes, and wifes also serving their husbands.... not over each other.... side by side...

mike