Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I didn't put this up here to cause anxiety or fear. I put it here to cause discussion simply because it is not every day that a man like Dave Wilkerson publically says something like this.

I usually don't put a lot of stock in guys who do put out stuff like this but in the last two months I have ran into so many people who have had such similar dreams, feelings or whatever we wish to call them. That type of thing would in some ways make me lean towards that some are having all kinds of doomish feelings about the economy going down the tubes and the rest of the worlds ills but there does seem a cohesive theme running through everyones dreams across a wide variety of people. But like you said we will have to wait and see what exactly if anything will happen. On the other hand I know a woman who believes every word that comes from Wilkersons mouth and she is in a heated frenzy to get things prepared for the worst. I agree with you that we no longer fear what God will do.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't everyone sense that (more) calamity is coming?

It doesn't take a genius to know that world history is the story of major upheavals and the brutally aggresive ruling over the passively indifferent.

Which one is America these days?

There WILL be another world war...it's just destined to happen. But it will be unlike any other war in history if a nuke gets launched. Once that is let out of Pandora's box, the war could be over in a week and the world would be an unrecognizable place from what we know today.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

do you think it was "by imagination" that his church made 2000 sandwiches 9-10-01?

As I was praying about this last night, it occured to me that it seems odd that God would warn him about it and then ask him to make lunch for everyone, and not warn people (especially believers).

Since when does the Lord do things the way we think things should be done?

I have heard testimonies of people on the mission field who had to rely for their lives on direct words from the Lord. There were numerous times the Lord gave "preparation" instructions without the "why."

But what if the Lord told Wilkerson about what would happen that day and he told the others? How many people would have actually been at the church that day to minister to the people of NY by distributing the sandwiches?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I didn't put this up here to cause anxiety or fear. I put it here to cause discussion simply because it is not every day that a man like Dave Wilkerson publically says something like this.

It is also surprising to me because we have many supposed Prophets who daily have been making Prophecies for years about a revvival and how God is going to Bless America so that the revival can be carried to the world. However, revival often comes through dire circumstances when men begin to see their real need for God.

You can turn on a variety of Television Preachers any given day of the week and begin to hear all manner of puffed up stuff. I will not name names but the other day I listened to a guy actually state that he had a Word from God and it was to send him money today in a specific amount so that folks could make it through the tough times. :24: They wouldn't make it if they didn't get their seed in the ground. ;)

We will have to wait and see. :emot-hug:

I've been listening to the Political guru's long enough and the supposed people in the know on our economy and they all have something to say but none of them calls on God, at all, and they are continually wrong in their assumptions and cures.

It was 8 short years ago that we were hit on 9/11. That's nothing on a Prophetic time line. I don't know what God is going to do with America but I do know we no longer fear God. ;)

Peace,

Dave

I wonder if we really ever did completely. The founders declaring all men are created equal while at the same time owning slaves. The way we treated the American Indians. America certainly espoused certain Christian values. But we have never been a "Christian nation" in the sense of being a theocracy.

That wasn't my point either brother. :24:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Brother Eric,

I would like to hear your thoughts on the Nations present course. Can a Nation all but abandon the fear of the Lord and remain Blessed?

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Not really relating to the OP, but if you'd like to listen to one of David Wilkerson's sermons, it's at http://www.lookupfellowship.com/

Under "David Wilkerson Is A Powerful Preacher' (Mar 12 blog)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

One thing I know related to this, is that Worldnetdaily news is a much freer type of press that has been covering events in America most the other news agencies won't warn us about, until after the fact.

And one of those matters was some of Obama's past political connections in Chicago.

There's been reports of Mexican drug cartels battling it out along certain border towns in Texas, a sherrif being killed in one of them, and a sherrif's department deputies being fired on by the Mexican drug cartels in southern California when the cartel was covering using commando style tactics for one of their drug traffickers coming back to Mexico (per Worldnetdaily).

That's not to mention how the gang problems in American cities Worldnetdaily has been covering, along with something called MS13 (not sure of the name?) that is organized with some of those gangs (covered by Worldnetdaily, ongoing).

New laws enforcing required registration of all firearms in the United States, along with new declarations of what weapons Americans can own is being pushed again under Obama's admin.

I just received this from the American Center for Law and Justice in an email...

"Meanwhile, at the United Nations, a drastic move is reportedly underway to make the anti-Christian measure, ''Combating Defamation of Religions,'' BINDING - MANDATORY - for member nations, including America.

It would criminalize proclamation of the Gospel around the globe. Speaking out against Islam, for example, would be an international crime." (by Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel)

That would be a direct violation of our Constitution's First Ammendment clause of freedom of speech, and freedom of religion. To many things are being done already in the U.S. against Christianity by going around our U.S. Constitution (like persecution of student Christian clubs that are denied recognition in public schools; Christians speaking publically against homosexuality, like in the event in Philadelphia where several Christians were jailed by the police for speaking The Gospel.)

It's clear that the powers that be are pushing those things, and allowing the gangs and drug cartels to grab hold in our country, not to mention not stopping illegal immigration which can open the door for it.

Thus I'm not surprised another huge catastrophe hasn't happenned yet. But does that mean the majority of Americans are responsible for the few in our country that are obviously out to destroy it? Maybe in the sense that we've allowed ourselves to be deceived in not recognizing the alarms at the start.

Edited by Celt

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

look at other countries. they're seeing rioting in the streets due to economic collapse. i think most of us here at worthy have been storing up food so we should continue. water too and ways to purify it especially. we could see the u.s.a. become like a third world country pretty fast if the dollar becomes worthless.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Doesn't everyone sense that (more) calamity is coming?

It doesn't take a genius to know that world history is the story of major upheavals and the brutally aggresive ruling over the passively indifferent.

Which one is America these days?

There WILL be another world war...it's just destined to happen. But it will be unlike any other war in history if a nuke gets launched. Once that is let out of Pandora's box, the war could be over in a week and the world would be an unrecognizable place from what we know today.

That's SO distressing but....unfortunately, I believe this too.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I truly believe that the US is going to have another revolution, not unlike the first, except it will be to take back the US from the Government. What will be left will take a while to regroup. By that time, I also believe that Jesus will of returned, so we will not be much help for Israel. I do hope I am wrong, but this has been on my mind for some time now.