Chiquita

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

@Peter Krishnan I agree with BeauJangles above.   Please do not trouble yourself about things....we are also happy to try to explain things to you.

philippians-1-6-english.jpg.3f048fa4ad46fdd7d2f4cddacdafd225.jpg

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

45 minutes ago, Debp said:

I agree with BeauJangles above.   Please do not trouble yourself about things....we are also happy to try to explain things to you.

In my life, I was always a loner . My former colleagues all know that . It is not unhealthy to me; as I am a nature, introvert feeling personality type . I am not proud of it; neither am I ashamed by it . By extension, I am also a DIY type . The story about Peter and the rock was told to me in primary school by the Deacon's son, that Jesus in effect told him to stay behind  but he didn't listen . I didn't believe him then . When asked by him about my bicycling experience (he said he learnt it on a tricycle as a toddler from 'Noddy") and waited for my reply . I learnt bicycling at my Granny's during a visit to my cousin's house  when I was in primary 4 . My cousin was older and showed off his circus acrobatic skills to me which my Granny informed me through her granddaughter was ill advised . In a huff, I went to sit by myself at her favorite spot at the T junction of the house where she said a cobra lived . A boy on a cow cart driving past made a sudden turn into the compound where I sat and then proceeded to demolish a Durian tree there . My Granny's granddaughter explained to me he was left to his own devices because the tree stood in no man's land beyond an imaginary line in the compound . That was the end of any future durian feast for that tree was planted by my father on the behest of my mother . I then took the bicycle on a joyride to my other Grandfather's house a few kilometers away, riding alongside 70 mph traffic . My 4th Aunty met me there, and changed my Astroboy shorts into a baggy Khaki shorts, saying that was what Dennis the Menace wore . To make the story short, I landed in a drain injuring my chest on the bicycle handlebars and had to ride back in that sorry state .  So I kept mum about it until my mother checked up on me after being told by my aunt about my shenanigans . I couldn't share with the Deacon's son my exploits then but I share with you that I believe him now that Jesus told Peter to stay behind but he didn't listen . I am no child; my position is that I understand my affliction and that is some help to me . As a baby, I was called 'Baby from Hell' by the maids who didn't look after me anyway; and later 'Little Devil' by my mother's church who must've hated me for some reason or other, probably many . Thankfully, the Deacon's son who is from my former mission school understands the situation somewhat and became my nephew's preacher .  My history is one of thrill-seeker experiences that I don't care about now being Christian but rise to haunt me at every turn in fear of anyone following in my footsteps . So anyone who's listening out there, don't do what I did in my life; you know what and you'll surely regret it . Thank you DebP for the opportunity to vent .

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Psychosis is a Freudian/Jungian phrase leveled at those that do not tow the party line. Just words without meanings as most shrink stuff is. Ignore it and feel better. Labels are for soup cans.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:
10 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Psychosis is a Freudian/Jungian phrase leveled at those that do not tow the party line. Just words without meanings as most shrink stuff is. Ignore it and feel better. Labels are for soup cans.

Amen. Often used by doctors to milk the patients and by patients to milk the system. 

I couldn't have said it better. This pretty much sums the entirety of the program. In this instance it's one long and extensively bad movie with an even worse script. My mother was horribly victimized. All she was suffering from was an aspect of OCD and Postpartum Depression. She was hypnotized, then traumatized by electroshock and doped up with Thorazine. What a travesty the system was at that time. Have things progressed since then? In some ways, but not to where it really should. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Its sad that people including Christians speak death instead of life.  Saying the whole world will suffer from all of these things is speaking death.  I choose life in Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 10/3/2020 at 8:51 PM, anynmsfmly said:

No, It is not a demonic presence. The demons are the people making it impossible to involuntarily commit. You would never refuse to gi ve some one cp r, Or stop someone from having a heart attack,.... However with the brain, Which is the most important physi cal part of the body,

We aren't allow ed to treat them,........ God bless,......... :emot-crying:

I agree with this.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Whatever you are pressured to do by the greater unwashed and uninformed masses, do not submit to the 'shrink-brigade'. Read 'Psycho-Heresy'. https://pamweb.org/  Or the book: PHR-ebk.pdf

"Exposes the fallacies and failures of psychological counseling theories and therapies; calls Christians back to God’s Word and the Holy Spirit’s work; reveals the anti-Christian biases, internal contradictions, and documented failures of secular psychotherapy; and examines the various mixes with Christianity. Current research more strongly supports our original conclusions and concerns. Yet psychoheresy is more deeply and broadly imbedded throughout the church."

See how the body of believers have sold out to the wrong spirit.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Oy Vey! 1

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/28/2009 at 1:18 PM, Chiquita said:

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this?

Yes, demons can guide a person to do something like this. Take a look at this:

• Mar 5:1-5 -> "And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,  Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
  • Mat 17:15-18 -> "Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour."
  • Luk 13:11 -> "And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself."

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

One of the greatest evils in fundamentalist churches are misguided souls who ignorantly treat schizophrenics as demoniacs and try to exorcise them.  Not only do such exorcist efforts not work, they now convince the schizophrenic that they are demon-possessed, a deadly conviction that makes the psychosis even worse.  I know this from devastating pastoral experience with schizophrenics who seek God's help for their debilitating plight and then are ruined when they are victimized by a deliverance team.  For good reason, the Catholic church requires a preliminary psychiatric examination before permitting an exorcism. 

I am still haunted by David's futile experience to find deliverance from his delusion that he was actually King David.  He was a regular Bible reader, but when confronted by a demonic interpretation of his condition, he now thought he was Satan rather than King David.  All efforts to deliver him failed and he died a horrible death filled with excruciating mental suffering.  I constantly wonder why my prayers for and with him made no difference, even though he valued my friendship and was normal when I visited him, but not after I left. 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 7/28/2009 at 12:18 PM, Chiquita said:

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this? :emot-fail:

Thank you in advance, guys!

Chiquita

Demons can appear more visible in a person with mental health issues, but mental health issues are not indicative of demon possession any more than being severely depressed because of a loss of a limb. 

I was once more intimate with the demonic realm (in my youth), and suffered much anguish as a result. I grew up with undiagnosed mental illnesses, bi-polar, ptsd, adhd, ocd. I believe mental illness can more easily bring someone to demon possession, but the two aren't directly linked. 

Much of the neurobiology involved in some mental illnesses is the same process that creates dreams, and sleepwalking, and, in my personal experience and research, supernatural visions. The illness comes in when some of the "links" in the brain aren't working properly. Demons will exploit any weakness...

Time spent with God keeps them from bugging me...