IGNORED

Was Jesus killed?

Abusa

Guest shiloh357
Jesus was not killed. Abusa is correct.

Jesus was in total control the entire time. Certain things had to be done to be in line with prophecy.

I just finished a study entitled " The Cross ", and in this study it is shown that Jesus was not killed.

Now the Romans and Pharisee's may have thought they were killing Him, but they were not.

Our Lord Jesus did not lose His life at the hands of any human, but rather He gave up His life after all had been fulfilled.

So in a way he committed suicide?

:emot-questioned: ... no, He allowed them to take His life. I don't read where He nailed Himself to the cross, do you?

He allowed them to kill him, so he was killed..... other than that you would have to say he committed suicide...... and I can't go there. He was killed.

That is just not true. Read your Bible. Jesus gave His life as a sacrifice for sin. His life was not taken from Him.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus was in total control the entire time. Certain things had to be done to be in line with prophecy.

I just finished a study entitled " The Cross ", and in this study it is shown that Jesus was not killed.

Now the Romans and Pharisee's may have thought they were killing Him, but they were not.

Our Lord Jesus did not lose His life at the hands of any human, but rather He gave up His life after all had been fulfilled.

:emot-questioned: ... no, He allowed them to take His life. I don't read where He nailed Himself to the cross, do you?

He allowed them to kill him, so he was killed..... other than that you would have to say he committed suicide...... and I can't go there. He was killed.

That is just not true. Read your Bible. Jesus gave His life as a sacrifice for sin. His life was not taken from Him.

Oh, I agree, but this is semantics, in a way. Jesus allowed what happened to happen. If He did not want it to happen, it would not of happened. He was always in command of His destiny.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I think you need to ask His forgiveness for that remark.

Suicide is a very selfish act. What our Lord did and why was anything but selfish.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So you are saying that the priest that cuts the throat of the sheep being sacrificed is not killing them????

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Like so much of Scripture we can glimpse briefly specific truths and have a mimimal degree of understanding about what occured regarding the death of our Saviour and Messiah...it is recorded in Acts that both the Jews and the Gentiles 'killed' the L-rd, putting Him to death through crucifixion:- Acts 2:23; 3:15; 4:10; 5:30 etc.

But the profound nature of His death was so much more than a person merely being 'killed', or 'executed'. It also encompassed the sacrifice of the 'Lamb that takes away the sins of the world' John 1:29, and as my friend Shiloh said....nobody actually took His life, or even had the power to do so...He laid it down, and He gave up His Spirit at the precise time He chose. This is made clear from Jesus' own words in John 10:14-18.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

So you are saying that the priest that cuts the throat of the sheep being sacrificed is not killing them????

If you hold a knife to the throat, at that moment you are the one that holds the power of life or death for that individual.

When, if ever, did man hold the power of life and death over our Lord.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Like so much of Scripture we can glimpse briefly specific truths and have a mimimal degree of understanding about what occured regarding the death of our Saviour and Messiah...it is recorded in Acts that both the Jews and the Gentiles 'killed' the L-rd, putting Him to death through crucifixion:- Acts 2:23; 3:15; 4:10; 5:30 etc.

But the profound nature of His death was so much more than a person merely being 'killed', or 'executed'. It also encompassed the sacrifice of the 'Lamb that takes away the sins of the world' John 1:29, and as my friend Shiloh said....nobody actually took His life, or even had the power to do so...He laid it down, and He gave up His Spirit at the precise time He chose. This is made clear from Jesus' own words in John 10:14-18.

:emot-questioned: Really good post, Botz.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

He died yes, but he was not killed.

This correct. If Jesus was not killed, murdered, martyred, executed. Jesus died when He chose to die. The cross could not kill Jesus. Jesus died at 3 pm when the Passover lamb was killed in the Temple. Jesus gave up his Spirit, according to the Bible. None of us can do that. If Jesus had wanted to hang on the cross for 100 years, He could have and no one could have done anything about it. Jesus was in complete control of the events surrounding His death. Jesus as God exercised complete power over death and died when He wanted to die and not a moment too soon or too late.

Jesus death was the voluntary giving of His own life. (sacrifice) It was not an act where it was taken from Him (killed). If Jesus were killed, His death was not a sacrifice, and that poses a lot of major problems since the Bible teaches that Jesus was the final sacrifice for sin.

:emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

No, the cross DID kill Jesus, He suffered real pain, and He was really executed. If those things did not happen then there would be no true resurrection and no true defeat of death.

This type of Islamic heresy is simply not true. Islam believes that God could never be killed, that His Prophet and Son Jesus could never be killed and thus ascended to heaven without the Cross. Now I know people are not going that far here, but this idea that His execution was not a real or true execution is on that path.

Jesus is the author of true humility, His execution was indeed pre-ordained, but His humanity, His being fully human at the same time as being fully God, required that He suffer and die as a common criminal, no better and no less real, it was a true execution. Which is why Christ indeed cried out that the cup be taken from Him, which is why He cried out why have you forsaken me. This was not some sort of Parlor trick that an almighty God set up, it was a real human being tortured and killed by a filthy mob of killers and haters (all of us) ; let us not sanitize the cross.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

'Parker1' date='Sep 25 2009,

This is a very offensive response :emot-questioned:

oc