• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Now that you mention that fact, I have to agree. Those who I know that are radical for gay rights are straight people that want them to have it. For the most part, the gay people I know just wish that this would go away and people leave them to their life.

Yeah me too.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Of course they will think it's religious intolerance because I feel that they don't want to be accountable for their sin.

I know we are taught that God hates the sin, not the sinner. And excuse me but I hope someone can explain this to me since it goes along with this thread slightly but....

I've always been confused by that because of these in Scripture:

Hosea 9:15

I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings.

Malachi 1:3

And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Romans 9:13

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

The explanation you are looking for is in the first verse you posted. It was their sin He hates, not the person He knows they could/should be. It is just as when someone really hurt you and you say "I hate him". You don't really mean that you hate the person, but what the person did. When you think of that person in the better times, the hate is not there. We can separate what someone does from that person. If we can, God can even more so.

But why wouldn't God just say so? It's difficult to understand him sometimes when things seem to contradict. I know skeptics have a hard time with that. I guess we all do at times.

If you are of the belief that GOD doesn't hate, than you have to alter the verses that say HE does to match that belief. If you are of the mind that GOD does hate, then you have to alter your mind to understand HE has that right, you do not. To hate someone for their sin, when you are a sinner yourself, is hypocracy.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Of course they will think it's religious intolerance because I feel that they don't want to be accountable for their sin.

I know we are taught that God hates the sin, not the sinner. And excuse me but I hope someone can explain this to me since it goes along with this thread slightly but....

I've always been confused by that because of these in Scripture:

Hosea 9:15

I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings.

Malachi 1:3

And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Romans 9:13

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

The explanation you are looking for is in the first verse you posted. It was their sin He hates, not the person He knows they could/should be. It is just as when someone really hurt you and you say "I hate him". You don't really mean that you hate the person, but what the person did. When you think of that person in the better times, the hate is not there. We can separate what someone does from that person. If we can, God can even more so.

But why wouldn't God just say so? It's difficult to understand him sometimes when things seem to contradict. I know skeptics have a hard time with that. I guess we all do at times.

He words in a way to cause us to think. Would you rather have a list of do's and don'ts? That would be just as bad as being programmed, no thought involved and no decisions to be made. God wants us to know Him personally and this can not be done through a list of commands.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I would never use that beautiful word, "gay" to describe the horrendous sin of homosexuality. The late homosexial activist & playwright, Truman Capote, said it best when he exclaimed: "I don't know why they call it 'gay,' there's nothing 'gay' about it!" Our sentiments exactly. Homosexuality is homosexuality, the precise opposite of what our miracle-working Lord & Savior directed re Holy Matrimony in Matthew 19:4-6. Why would anyone anywhere call homosexuality "gay"? It's an option not open to believing Christians. The Holy Bible repeatedly warns against it and condemns it.

God said that man was made for woman, and woman for man. Note our Savior's very words in Matthew 19: "male, female; mother, father." No homosexuality there anywhere! Satan interjects, "Do your own thing, live for self, despise His Holy book, curse God and die!" No, man doesn't set the Christian's holy standards; Jesus Christ alone does as outlined in God's settled, authoritative & everlasting Word of Truth. AMEN & AMEN!

God Bless The USA!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Personally, I would never use that beautiful word, "gay" to describe the horrendous sin of homosexuality. The late homosexial activist & playwright, Truman Capote, said it best when he exclaimed: "I don't know why they call it 'gay,' there's nothing 'gay' about it!" Our sentiments exactly. Homosexuality is homosexuality, the precise opposite of what our miracle-working Lord & Savior directed re Holy Matrimony in Matthew 19:4-6. Why would anyone anywhere call homosexuality "gay"? It's an option not open to believing Christians. The Holy Bible repeatedly warns against it and condemns it.

God said that man was made for woman, and woman for man. Note our Savior's very words in Matthew 19: "male, female; mother, father." No homosexuality there anywhere! Satan interjects, "Do your own thing, live for self, despise His Holy book, curse God and die!" No, man doesn't set the Christian's holy standards; Jesus Christ alone does as outlined in God's settled, authoritative & everlasting Word of Truth. AMEN & AMEN!

God Bless The USA!

Very well put, Arthur, and absolutely correct. :rolleyes: