• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I think is amazing is how people came up with the idea to remove seeds from grasses, grind them into a powder, mix them with other ingredients, knead it (where did that idea come form?), stick it in an enclosed cooking unit, and come out with bread!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In the 17th Century herbalists such as Nicholas Culpeper, or William Coles believed in something called 'the doctrine of signatures', whereby any plant or part of a plant...root, stem, flower etc that looked like part of the human anatomy, or even animal anatomy, was in some mystical way linked to it. For example, Viper's Bugloss has a speckled stem which resembles (with a degree of imagination) a snakes skin...and thus proof that is would be effective in a compound against snake-bite.

We seem to have come a long way since those times.

I'd be cautious of that, too. I think whoever put this together knew about these fruits and veggies being good for certain parts of the body and found a visual link between them.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

What I think is amazing is how people came up with the idea to remove seeds from grasses, grind them into a powder, mix them with other ingredients, knead it (where did that idea come form?), stick it in an enclosed cooking unit, and come out with bread!

It IS amazing when you think about it...but I'm SO glad someone thought of it. Imagine just eating flour? Or stalks of wheat? :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Maybe right at the beginning when G-d fellowshipped with Adam and Eve, He taught them about things like bread making, or included the idea and curiosity in their mental make-up...so that they naturally experimented...but I would imagine that initially it must have been handed down....it would give more light on the L-rds prayer...'give us this day our daily bread'...Jesus being the 'bread of life' etc...speculative I know...but interesting.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.

I remember being told several years ago that certain native peoples believe papayas help increase a nursing mother's milk supply. I immediately blurted out, 'I know why.' We had a papaya tree on our property back then - and when the tree is laden with fruit, it looks like it's got lots and lots and lots of, er, mammary glands.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.

I remember being told several years ago that certain native peoples believe papayas help increase a nursing mother's milk supply. I immediately blurted out, 'I know why.' We had a papaya tree on our property back then - and when the tree is laden with fruit, it looks like it's got lots and lots and lots of, er, mammary glands.

:emot-pray:

Papaya has an enzyme that assists digestion, it is also a great meat tenderizer.(when green slice and place between the meat overnight). The people of Mozambique use it as a wound dressing and I have seen it's amazing properties. A suppurating wound in bound with mashed, ripe papaya, and the dressing changed every 6 hours or so. (and washed very clean with water). I have seen amazing results after only a day or two. The wound is clean and only clean tissue can be seen, the papaya draws everything out of the wound.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It IS amazing when you think about it...but I'm SO glad someone thought of it. Imagine just eating flour? Or stalks of wheat? :whistling:

Yeah! and beer..... :emot-pray:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

It IS amazing when you think about it...but I'm SO glad someone thought of it. Imagine just eating flour? Or stalks of wheat? :whistling:

Yeah! and beer..... :emot-pray:

I wish I could have REAL bread ... and maybe even a beer - no wheat for me... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

It IS amazing when you think about it...but I'm SO glad someone thought of it. Imagine just eating flour? Or stalks of wheat? :24:

Yeah! and beer..... :D

Can't eat beer....at least I can't! :24: