Restoring Honor Rally

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I also have been watching the emergent churches for the last 15 years or so, but I am not seeing Beck say that all paths lead to God, that all faiths lead to God but that all people of all faiths need to get back to the basics, God first, honor and all that, confessing of God should bring in ones life. I understand the premise behind the Black Robes, I just wasn't familiar with who was in the original regiment beyond the one preacher who had his uniform under his robe, do you have a website that tells of who all those original men were? Would it matter that there were Jewish men who didn't believe in the Messiah who helped fashion our founding? that is mixing faiths isn't it simply because they teach no Messiah has come? Do you consider having a Jewish rabbi come to your church teaching from the bible who does not believe in the Messiah as mixing of the faith?

I am dividing the big picture from who he prayed with. Do you believe it is fine to pray to God with other religions, as in praying to the same God? As an example, when you pray with an Iman, are you praying to the same God? Can you both say Amen to the prayer when one is praying to a false god?

As for the sites, no, I do not have them bookmarked. I did a bit of research on it, but did not think to save the sights I read this from. You can find it on the history of the beginning of the US around 1776 era.

Well goodness no we don't all pray to the same God do we and really thats not really the point of bringing peoples minds to the forefront that this country is going down the drain nor the fact that everyone needs to turn to God even those lost muslims, correct? Now can you answer this question then if we are going to focus on islam, if a iman asked you to pray with him, without the pray mats and facing mecca, would you? Would it be possible that is what God wanted? I also wonder how those missionaries feel when they approach a muslim to reach out to, I see and hear they pray with these men and woman even when they know that the other is going to be praying to a false God, we just never know when God is working through us do we?

If it was a prayer for salvation, yes. If it was to bring them to God, yes. If it is to agree that God, or god, will do one thing or another, no.

Its not exactly the same but if a Jewish man asked you to pray to them knowing full well that he mocks your faith in Yeshua and who also mocks the Messiah because of who He is, would you pray with him because he is praying to the same God you are? Its a viscious circle we walk around in trying to decide who believes what and as I said we may not always know when God is working to bring back those who are lost. Oh to answer the amen question, when you say amen in your prayer are you speaking to the iman or to God? if you are speaking to God I think He knows that, knows in your heart that you are working for His greater good. Bringing the attention back to Beck, would you pray with him? It all comes back to faith, faith that God is leading us where He wants us to be, faith that we have discernment in what we hear and see, faith that the falseness of this world doens't suck us in and lead us astray.

It is not a viscous circle at all. His Spirit bears witness with our spirit to bring us the truth. All we do is listen to his guidance and obey, not think it through with our own understanding of all the "what if's" or "maybe's". We are instructed to do His work until He returns. Show me on piece of scripture where Jesus stood up in public crying for the masses to change Jerusalem or Israel. The focus is on the wrong salvation. We are to be about the salvation of individuals, not a country.

Mizzdy, I am not discussing the idea of bringing people together for this country. Truth be told, every person in the world could gather for this country and if is it God's will that this country changes, it will change, so I don't go there. As I stated before, I am discussing the spiritual meaning behind what is happening. If someone prays to a god that is not God, would you share a prayer with them and then say Amen! ?

Behind all movements are the spirits that guide them. This is where I am going and talking about. If you care to discuss this, then so am I. I am not going to discuss my belief of this whole gathering. Maybe a different thread is called for so not to distract from this one.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

LOL! I understand what DNA is, but I will have to do a bit more to see where it play into the "burn" ... :noidea: I don't have a science degree, just a degree in computers and business.

He's just saying he's following in the footsteps of the Moravians, etc. with a place open for prayer and worship 24-7 (that was actually filled or occupied with people 24-7 lifting up prayers and worship).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Al Sharpton's reply to Glenn Beck: watch it here.

Glen Beck explained on his show yesterday the miracle (not my word) that happened on 8/28/10. He asked for a military flyover of the Lincoln Memorial for his Restoring Honor Rally on 8/28 and was repeatedly refused due to Washington's Restricted Airspace Policy. As they started the show they looked up and flying in a huge "V" were many geese coming from over the back of the Reflecting pond headed straight toward The Lincoln Memorial where Glen stood.

You must watch this......... turn up the sound. :)

View the "flyover" of Washington DC on 8-28-10

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/videos/?uri=channels/390088/1013204

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Glen Beck explained on his show yesterday the miracle (not my word) that happened on 8/28/10. He asked for a military flyover of the Lincoln Memorial for his Restoring Honor Rally on 8/28 and was repeatedly refused due to Washington's Restricted Airspace Policy. As they started the show they looked up and flying in a huge "V" were many geese coming from over the back of the Reflecting pond headed straight toward The Lincoln Memorial where Glen stood.

You must watch this......... turn up the sound. :)

View the "flyover" of Washington DC on 8-28-10

http://www.glennbeck.../390088/1013204

Amazing. God overrules the Pentagon. Small potatoes for Him. :cool:

To hear the mainstream media tell the story, you would have thought that I, a black man, had walked into a hornet

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I had to be away from the Board for a while.

Anyway, I finally got my question answered - why the there's been a discrepancy in discernment.

It is because the two sides are perceiving different purposes for the rally and different perspectives on what occurred there.

One side sees this as an America rally that had a spiritual pursuit bend to it, in a sense following in the footsteps of those who founded this country and those that fought for what they thought was righteous during the Civil War.

The other side thinks the first side is claiming this rally to be the start of the next Great Awakening. But this is not what they are claiming.

So, I got my answer. I'm not going to run the argument of what whether this is an either-or situation, that we should fight on one side or the other (physical or spiritual), or whether this is a both situation (fighting on both planes). Just stating I got my answer and what it was.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I had to be away from the Board for a while.

Anyway, I finally got my question answered - why the there's been a discrepancy in discernment.

It is because the two sides are perceiving different purposes for the rally and different perspectives on what occurred there.

One side sees this as an America rally that had a spiritual pursuit bend to it, in a sense following in the footsteps of those who founded this country and those that fought for what they thought was righteous during the Civil War.

The other side thinks the first side is claiming this rally to be the start of the next Great Awakening. But this is not what they are claiming.

So, I got my answer. I'm not going to run the argument of what whether this is an either-or situation, that we should fight on one side or the other (physical or spiritual), or whether this is a both situation (fighting on both planes). Just stating I got my answer and what it was.

Yes I believe thats true and it is often that way isn't it, the seeing things from different perspectives. I don't think its a great awakening of millions of Americans running back to churches but as time gets shorter God will use whatever means He wishes to send a wake up message to those still lost sheep.

I also see the mood of the rally as a last ditch showing of waking America up from its stupors and without a miracle, a forgiveness by God, America is on decline and set for judgment. Our generation and perhaps our grandchildrens, really is the last to know what it was to see factories in full operation and even the last to know what it was to live without the internet and cell phones. Beck, Savage, and others see the history that reliance upon self is a lost notion, its all about global/world this or that now. The world is getting smaller by the day that includes the idea of borders or national or otherswise.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

I heard Beck on the radio as well, and it must have been the same day Dave heard him as he was very vocal about his Mormonism. I was leery about following him on spiritual matters, and the general reference to "god" isn't sufficient for Christians. I had a two year study with JWs on Mondays, and they tried to show me the similarities that we shared over the differences we had. The only difference that mattered, was I believe Jesus is LORD, and they don't. That point of contention they wouldn't speak to. So we stopped. But Martin Luther said that when speaking to another religious group, you must engage them at the point where their doctrine differs from Christianity. We can't settle on the whole lets talk about what we share, if there are fundamental differences on the issues of the faith, the virgin birth, the deity of Christ, the denial of works salvation etc.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I find it interesting that Alveda King chose to attend Beck's rally instead of Rev. Sharpton's (yes he IS an ordained Reverend). Ms. King is obviously not into the divisive thing. Sharpton believes he's doing something for black Americans, I don't doubt that, but he's NOT! Trying to convince them to remain in victimhood instead of claiming their part of the American pie is just wrong....and it's hurting his own people. I've had this discussion with black people I know and I always tell them the same thing...."if you want it, go get it. The Hispanics and other immigrants aren't shy about claiming stuff; why should those whose ancestors were here four centuries ago be?" I've never had a black person take offense at that or disagree with me.