Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

As a Christian, I can't think of one I know who does not have to keep their flesh in check. Anger is the easiest to let creep up on us. First we feel a strong emotion, then we realize the emotion is not good, right before it turns into anger. At least, this is what happens to me. In the past, my anger has led me down paths I have nightmares about today. Because of this, I am on high alert when it starts to rear its ugly head. Use this as a learning tool. Remember when you started to feel the anger, how it felt, and when you feel it again, turn quickly to God and cry to Him to help you through these feelings.

I wish I felt more able to share my past, but you get the idea.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

As a Christian, I can't think of one I know who does not have to keep their flesh in check. Anger is the easiest to let creep up on us. First we feel a strong emotion, then we realize the emotion is not good, right before it turns into anger. At least, this is what happens to me. In the past, my anger has led me down paths I have nightmares about today. Because of this, I am on high alert when it starts to rear its ugly head. Use this as a learning tool. Remember when you started to feel the anger, how it felt, and when you feel it again, turn quickly to God and cry to Him to help you through these feelings.

I wish I felt more able to share my past, but you get the idea.

Precisely! Before I was saved, and a few years back my anger/fear saved my life on more than one occasion. Adrenalin can be a wonderful tool, but a terrible master. South hid behind a corner the other day and jumped out and nearly gave me a heart attack :cool: Ten years ago I would have reacted completely differently, out of sheer instinct, and attacked without thinking, because that is who I was, and what I was used to.

I too have learned to look for the signs of stress starting, and anger fermenting, and I am usually very good at controlling it. I am not proud of throwing a telephone against the wall, far from it. But it is just another step in my walk, so I don't beat myself up, just learn and move on.

Next time maybe just a paper punch, or stapler :laugh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Invest in a punching bag. Next time you feel anger like that, release your energy on something that is meant to be beat up upon!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Nothing relieves tension like kicking a small animal. I prefer kittens or a rabbit. And don't underestimate the stress reducing benefits of pushing old people down stairs. The looks on their faces as they bounce off each step is worth all the Prozac on earth.

Or simply go on Christian message boards and try to make people laugh... :whistling:

Yes. It usually involves my wife. They are very brief as I have learned over the years to just shut up. Then, while I think about what I just said, I am convicted and apologize for the words that I had used. Usually not for what I said, but for the words that I used. I always ask the Lord to forgive me and to help me control my temper and my mouth. It doesn't happen very often as the Lord has changed me with His mighty Spirit. I praise Him!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Nothing relieves tension like kicking a small animal. I prefer kittens or a rabbit. And don't underestimate the stress reducing benefits of pushing old people down stairs. The looks on their faces as they bounce off each step is worth all the Prozac on earth.

Or simply go on Christian message boards and try to make people laugh... :whistling:

I knew it was you befor reading your name!!! Lol

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Oh I know the source. It's quite simple really. And just so you know, my staff never see me angry. I treat everyone with the grace demanded of us, no matter who they are or what I am feeling.

At the moment, sheer work pressure. Like today for instance, started at 8am and finished at 9.30pm. Cell phone provider cut off my service for no reason, I am organizing an event for Sunday (yep, I am working on Sunday as well (last week and the week before an 11 day national holiday because of how easter fell (three days leave got you 11 off). I worked 6 to 7 or 8 at night, and was run off my feet, while the rest of the organization was on leave.

So I phone the cell company from the land-line and get 11 different options to answer. I choose 1. After 5 minutes the phone cuts off, I try again, same thing. I have a dozen people I have to call, and a dozen more things I need to do, and I don't have a phone I can use out in the field where I need it. After the 6 or 7th attempt on the land-line, some recorded voice asks me for my pin number. I don't have one to give, so they can't help me. Deadlines are whooshing past. People are waiting for me to call.

So I ripped the phone out and threw it against the wall.

I understand when j first moved out on my own I had transferred my land line with me Cellphones were still super expensive bricks at the time, and the installer did not hook it up correctly. So I use my work phone to. Call the lady told me "my computer says it's working." She all but called mr a lier because her computer said nothing was wrong! I wander to reach through and slap some sense into her!!! We hired an outside contractor who fixed it In less then 15 min. The original installer hooked up the phone to the wrong apartment number!!

As for the rage issue I think expressing it without sin is the key, ad the word says something along the lines of " in your anger do Not sin" this is easier said than done often! I have an issue of not letting it out but suppressing it until it bubbles up and I either get super sensitive and grumpy or blow my top for no good reason. And sadly enough it is usually my wife who suffers the brunt of this It is something that I need to work on!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, Wyguy, I would (and have) rather think of throttling an adult human than hurting an animal. Yes, I get ticked off when I get put into a dangerous situation (like being cut off) and I used to hold on to the anger for a long time. Now, I get that adreneline rush of anger, maybe even call them a bad name under my breath, but I let it go immediately and make sure I ask the Lord once again for patience.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I too have learned to look for the signs of stress starting, and anger fermenting, and I am usually very good at controlling it. I am not proud of throwing a telephone against the wall, far from it. But it is just another step in my walk, so I don't beat myself up, just learn and move on.

Next time maybe just a paper punch, or stapler :laugh:

I think what you have revealed is symptomatic of many Believers...if you lose your cool, cuss, rip phones off walls or kick the cat it merely demonstrates areas that still need dealing with...repent and move on.

I have a friend who shared a vision the L-rd gave him regarding his life and the various problems that surfaced...it was of a road that was before him, and as he looked back he saw flags that maked stages in his life that he had overcome various circumstances and individual weaknesses and walked on in victory, and the flags were not a testimony to himself, but to the power of redemption being effective because he placed his trust in Jesus.

Sometimes no one but the L-rd knows the struggles we have had to walk by faith, and more often the trouble lies in our own heart and our attitudes.....we have to keep reckoning the old man as dead.....but victories can be sweet.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

"suppressing it until it bubbles up and I either get super sensitive and grumpy or blow my top for no good reason." Isaiah 6:8

(haven't figured out how not to quote somebody's entire post yet!)

Me too, it's a good way to wreck a day. Plus the blowup is pretty hard to control. Taking it out on ourselves is not the right answer, either.

I don't know the right answer. But when I get mad, I take a walk. Seems to work better than some other things I have tried.