IGNORED

is it wrong to use a kindle (or like device) .....

ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I know the discussion is whether or not you used your Bible to read in church -- what if a pastor preached from an Ipad?

obviously I'd be impressed....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I would be more interested in the translation he was using. rather than how he was reading it. :cool2:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

On a semi-related note:

Is there a 'best' electronic Bible reader (one that allows you to make notes, cross reference things, etc)?

I'm looking for something better than my Study Bible, Concordance and my computer resources for when I travel. Those suckers take up massive space/weight!

If you're willing to invest in a small laptop, I think that the freeware e-Sword Bible study package will fulfill ALL of your wishes. There is a huge and FREE library for it free for the download. A large number of resources are all linked together synchronized for the portion of Scripture you are reading (i.e. Dictionary, Commentary, topical indexes, ancient language helps, and more). It's also great for sermon/lesson preparation and keeping your own notes organized for fast retrieval.

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

If you'd like to get an idea of what it does, take a look at the online, live version of e-Sword:

http://live.e-sword.net/app/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

On a semi-related note:

Is there a 'best' electronic Bible reader (one that allows you to make notes, cross reference things, etc)?

I'm looking for something better than my Study Bible, Concordance and my computer resources for when I travel. Those suckers take up massive space/weight!

If you're willing to invest in a small laptop, I think that the freeware e-Sword Bible study package will fulfill ALL of your wishes. There is a huge and FREE library for it free for the download. A large number of resources are all linked together synchronized for the portion of Scripture you are reading (i.e. Dictionary, Commentary, topical indexes, ancient language helps, and more). It's also great for sermon/lesson preparation and keeping your own notes organized for fast retrieval.

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

If you'd like to get an idea of what it does, take a look at the online, live version of e-Sword:

http://live.e-sword.net/app/

Thanks nChrist and Other One. I'll look into it further... and pray that God provides for my needs.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I know the discussion is whether or not you used your Bible to read in church -- what if a pastor preached from an Ipad?

That's how I deliver messages now -- I use my Ipad LOL

Sometimes I change in mid message as the Lord directs and pull out other info from other messages in the middle of a message!

This past year, I gave probably 50 different messages! I can't be a cookie cutter! :)

God bless,

George

Amen,brother. its no more wrong for kindle to replace the book, than it was for the book to replace the scrolls.

Sometimes I change in mid message as the Lord directs and pull out other info from other messages in the middle of a message!

This past year, I gave probably 50 different messages! I can't be a cookie cutter! :)

What~!

You Believe The Bible On Electronic Readers Might Actually Help Kindle A Holy Fire?

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Yeah, Me Too....

Even On Worthy Boards........ :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

All these heathens and their electronic thingamebobs :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

God bless,

George

My pastor has an app on his phone and during sunday school used it. He received a letter saying how bad it was playing with his phone during sunday school. Problem was it wasn't signed we have a small church I thought everyone knew he used his phone anyway people don't seem to want to ask questions to see what it was he was doing.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

All these heathens and their electronic thingamebobs :whistling:

hahah lol "P