• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

Umm . . . guys . . . are you reading her actual circumstance?

Thanks Nebula.

I'm afraid I missed that post.

My apologies GerdaHannah if my post was not speaking to your situation.

Are you in fellowship with other Believers, and if so, what do they advise? Their knowledge of your situation and culture will exceed ours.

In any event, my prayers are with you Sister.

Guest OneLife

hi.

What are the consequences of marrying a non christian?

Blessings.

John 6:37

“All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.”

Guest tjazzy

Psychological pain and suffering every single day. He wants to raise the kids one way while you want to raise them according to bible rules, your soul and those of your children will be at risk. It's not advisable. Sorry.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

I am married to a non-believer,Its an ongoing battle every day.However I'm placing my struggles at the Lord's feet,He can help more than I can.I wouldn't recommend it tho yet I wasnt saved when I got married,Best advice I can give is to Pray over this and know the Lord can do all things to strenghthens you.I'll keep you in my prayers as well Gbu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

GerdaHannah has my sympathy for her predicament. Living within a culture which does not allow women to have a say on who they want to or do not want to marry is sad. I truly wish she had the option of being able to choose.

But since she does not, let us pray that the Lord will close the doors on any muslim marriage that her family is forcing upon her, and provide her with a way to marry a loving and kind christian man instead. We also need to pray that her faith in Jesus will remain intact through this trail and she is still standing firm in Christ.

GerdaHannah know and be assured there is nothing that can ever take away Jesus’ love from you or keep you from loving Jesus.

NLT (1973)

Romans 8:38 - 39

For I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can’t, and life can’t, the angels won’t, and all the powers of hell itself cannot keep God’s love away. Our fears for today, and our worries about tomorrow. or where we are–high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean–nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us.

KJV

Romans 8:38 - 39

For I am persuaded , that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present , nor things to come , Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I am not familiar with the exact situation in India. Or in the poster's situation. So this is just my opinion. But I am thinking that as a last resort perhaps she *might* have the option of leaving her family. It would be a very difficult thing to do.. and cause a lot of pain to everyone. It would also likely cause a break in the family relationship or possibly cause her to be disowned. Maybe after some years her family might change their minds..or maybe not. But if there are no other options perhaps this might be a possibility. Especially if she happened to live in or near a big city which might have women's shelters or women's organisations which might be able to give her a temporary place to stay. Again this is just my opinion about possible options and I am not familiar with the exact situation.. or the difficulties and in some places even possible danger.. that might be involved.

To Gerda :

I am wondering - are these options possible?

1) To contact a reputable Christian church / Christian organisation / national Christian body in your country for help and advice? If there is none near you perhaps contacting them by phone / email for advice?

2) To contact a women's organisation or women's shelter in your country?

I am sorry for the difficulties you are going through. I hope things work out well for you.

ps. If I am not mistaken you are from a hindu family right?

-

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

ps. If I am not mistaken you are from a hindu family right?

Oops, sorry about that, I was reading about hindu beliefs and on the same page was also on the topic of muslim beliefs regarding women and the situation the opster is in. And somehow, the word muslim stuck in my mind when I posted.

Yes she said her family is hindu and are forcing her.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Thanks

-

Edited by just_abc

• 7 months later...