IGNORED

Can any "Christian" bring someone to Jesus?

Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just been thinking...

Do you think a person who professes to be a Christian, but has not fully accepted Jesus bring someone to Jesus?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Just been thinking...

Do you think a person who professes to be a Christian, but has not fully accepted Jesus bring someone to Jesus?

Tough question......

Then....God brought Saul who later became Paul to Christ and he condemned as well as murdered Christians.

Anything is possible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Fez, I'd have to say yes...... and no. It is my belief that no one brings us to Christ...... it is the Holy Spirit that does that.

So, can the Holy Spirit use someone who is not quite sold out to Jesus to bring someone to Christ...... Yep, you bet he can...... and it might well be that the Spirit might actually use the devil himself to reach the really hard ones like me.

Fez, I'd have to say yes...... and no. It is my belief that no one brings us to Christ...... it is the Holy Spirit that does that.

So, can the Holy Spirit use someone who is not quite sold out to Jesus to bring someone to Christ...... Yep, you bet he can...... and it might well be that the Spirit might actually use the devil himself to reach the really hard ones like me.

I agree with you and could have phrased the question better. It is the work of the Holy Spirit and through us being enabled by God. But we are told to make disciples, and salvation starts with hearing the word? And we are required to speak it.

And I guess if God could use a donkey......

That would bring me to motive. If a person professing to be a Christian but who does not truly know Jesus is the one to speak the word, that would also be Ok. Paul says if scripture is spoken, sometimes motive is not the issue. God will deal with the motive? And if someone is truly saved through it, amen.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

This is pretty true. It is the Spirit that brings us into understanding, the Spirit would lead someone into a place where they might be able to witness someone who is walking in His ways to use as an example. I honestly do not think we can bring anyone to Him they must do that on their own we just put out His light, His shalom, His glory for them to see. We speak His words to others, we talk to them explaining Him but like the horse we cannot make them drink the water, we plant the seeds and He waters the ground.

This is pretty true. It is the Spirit that brings us into understanding, the Spirit would lead someone into a place where they might be able to witness someone who is walking in His ways to use as an example. I honestly do not think we can bring anyone to Him they must do that on their own we just put out His light, His shalom, His glory for them to see. We speak His words to others, we talk to them explaining Him but like the horse we cannot make them drink the water, we plant the seeds and He waters the ground.

Agreed. And to do that we are to be the "light on the hill", the mirror that reflects Jesus back to them. And Jesus can use anyone, even a person who "professes" to know Him to do that.

• Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

God can use whoever and whatever He wishes to draw people to Himself. God's Ways are beyond our comprehension. I think about this portion of Scripture and the example of a Gideon Bible in a hotel nightstand:

Isaiah 55:6-13 NASB Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. 8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts. 10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. 12 "For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands. 13 "Instead of the thorn bush the cypress will come up, And instead of the nettle the myrtle will come up, And it will be a memorial to the LORD, For an everlasting sign which will not be cut off."

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I can only agree with the rest.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

God used a donkey. Can He not use an unbeliever too? As others have said, it is the Holy Spirit who draws folks to Him. He can use whichever means and whomever He wishes to.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I agree with the consensus, fez. The Lord can use anyone, or anything, to reach one's heart. :wub: