• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Years ago I was in a place where i could focus on Christ and serving him only. I had been Praying in tongues a lot at the time and had a couple thoughts come to me like lightning. First every believer remembers that time, that place, maybe it was right after they got saved, where they knew when they got down on there knees they were right at the feet of Christ. No one could tell you otherwise. With almost no effort, you just KNEW when you prayed, or even as you just went about your day, You were right there, right at the feet of Christ. The question come to me, What if I could not only get back there, what if i could LIVE there. Live right there at the feet of Christ. Then another remrkable thought entered my heart. When I was speaking in tongues in my private prayer life since the holy spirit gave the utterance (words) why did it have to be in an unknown language? What is one language or another to GOD. If GOD could speak through me in a language I didn't understand and it could be all him, why couldn't he speak through me in english?

A lot of verses come to me as I prayed and fasted over this. "when a child asks for a fish will you give him a serpent? A lot verses from the old and new testament about how the men and women of the bible never spoke there own opinion or traditions, or what someone taught them. not even there own conclusion, instead they spoke word for word what they heard and saw of GOD. I remember one person telling me this was dangerous, because how could I know who's voice i was hearing, who I was seeing. Then GOD took me to a verse that I didn't expect, Jesus said My sheep hear my voice, and another they WILL NOT FOLLOW. Tradition says you can't know for sure who's talking to you but jesus said HIS BELIEVERS, HIS SHEEP knew his voice and wouldn't follow another. It was possible to hear and know the voice of christ. But where to start? Then christ refocused me. leading me to John 17:3. It was about the relationship, it was about christ, I was to just focus on him. So thats what I did. Every prayer was just about seeking him, just christ. After awhile of just seeking christ and learning that at all times I had to be focused only on him, not power, anointing, position, recoginiton, just Christ. I begin to see a lot verses I had never heard preached or taught, like in one place it says, "and the holy spirit spoke and said seperate unto me paul and barnabus for the work of the minstry." "on the lord's day I was in the spirit". over and over I kept coming to that phrase, in the spirit, How could the holy spirit speak, what was being in the spirit? Walk in the spirit and you will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh. To whom you submit yourself that is your master. We all listen to someone or something. It could be our emotions, our flesh, our traditions, our opinions , we all follow something, what if we only spoke those things that the holy spirit told us to speak? What if I only did the things the holy spirit told me to do. It would require me to stay submitted to christ and not my own ego. It would mean every doctrine and belief I had that was not in line with the real doctrine of christ he would up end. was i ready for that? I decided i was that being close to christ was worth any sacrifice I had to make. As I have walked this road I've learned A few things, This is what the holy men and women of the bible did. This is what christ did. this was also what was wrong in most churches. People following there belief instead of following the leading of the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit. When the Saints of the bible only spoke and did what they were told by GOD then the power and presence of GOD was always there, because it was not them doing any of it, it was GOD so only GOD deserved the credit, The glory. The final thing i will share that I learned was Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. This is used to propmote pushing people to sit under and accept the doctrine of men. but let me share with you the way Christ shared it with me. Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. The word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Now say that over and over a few times. Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. The word was made flesh and dwelt among us.. Faith comes by hearing christ the word made flesh and the author and finisher of our faith. Not by hearing the opinions and doctrines and traditons of man. Through this experance, I've realized that most of our problems could be solved if we would stop doing what we think and believe is right and do as we are told by the Holy Spirit, If we would focus on Christ instead of everything else. There is a lot more to moving and operating in the spirit but i wanted to know what got others down this path. Walking and operating in the spirit is NOT taught very often. What parts of Walking In the spirit do you think are important that I haven't mentioned. This Doctrinal issue is the most untalked about, But the most important. Chrsit said Those who worship the father MUST WORSHIP him in SPIRIT AND TRUTH. Not flesh and emotion. We are not even worshiping GOD properly if we don't do it in Spirit and Truth. What got you looking at this. What got you seeking GOD for being in the spirit? wHAT PARTS OF Walking in the spirit have become apart of your every day life? Thank You and GOD Bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Years ago I was in a place where i could focus on Christ and serving him only. I had been Praying in tongues a lot at the time and had a couple thoughts come to me like lightning. First every believer remembers that time, that place, maybe it was right after they got saved, where they knew when they got down on there knees they were right at the feet of Christ. No one could tell you otherwise. With almost no effort, you just KNEW when you prayed, or even as you just went about your day, You were right there, right at the feet of Christ. The question come to me, What if I could not only get back there, what if i could LIVE there. Live right there at the feet of Christ. Then another remrkable thought entered my heart. When I was speaking in tongues in my private prayer life since the holy spirit gave the utterance (words) why did it have to be in an unknown language? What is one language or another to GOD. If GOD could speak through me in a language I didn't understand and it could be all him, why couldn't he speak through me in english?

A lot of verses come to me as I prayed and fasted over this. "when a child asks for a fish will you give him a serpent? A lot verses from the old and new testament about how the men and women of the bible never spoke there own opinion or traditions, or what someone taught them. not even there own conclusion, instead they spoke word for word what they heard and saw of GOD. I remember one person telling me this was dangerous, because how could I know who's voice i was hearing, who I was seeing. Then GOD took me to a verse that I didn't expect, Jesus said My sheep hear my voice, and another they WILL NOT FOLLOW. Tradition says you can't know for sure who's talking to you but jesus said HIS BELIEVERS, HIS SHEEP knew his voice and wouldn't follow another. It was possible to hear and know the voice of christ. But where to start? Then christ refocused me. leading me to John 17:3. It was about the relationship, it was about christ, I was to just focus on him. So thats what I did. Every prayer was just about seeking him, just christ. After awhile of just seeking christ and learning that at all times I had to be focused only on him, not power, anointing, position, recoginiton, just Christ. I begin to see a lot verses I had never heard preached or taught, like in one place it says, "and the holy spirit spoke and said seperate unto me paul and barnabus for the work of the minstry." "on the lord's day I was in the spirit". over and over I kept coming to that phrase, in the spirit, How could the holy spirit speak, what was being in the spirit? Walk in the spirit and you will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh. To whom you submit yourself that is your master. We all listen to someone or something. It could be our emotions, our flesh, our traditions, our opinions , we all follow something, what if we only spoke those things that the holy spirit told us to speak? What if I only did the things the holy spirit told me to do. It would require me to stay submitted to christ and not my own ego. It would mean every doctrine and belief I had that was not in line with the real doctrine of christ he would up end. was i ready for that? I decided i was that being close to christ was worth any sacrifice I had to make. As I have walked this road I've learned A few things, This is what the holy men and women of the bible did. This is what christ did. this was also what was wrong in most churches. People following there belief instead of following the leading of the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit. When the Saints of the bible only spoke and did what they were told by GOD then the power and presence of GOD was always there, because it was not them doing any of it, it was GOD so only GOD deserved the credit, The glory. The final thing i will share that I learned was Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. This is used to propmote pushing people to sit under and accept the doctrine of men. but let me share with you the way Christ shared it with me. Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. The word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Now say that over and over a few times. Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. The word was made flesh and dwelt among us.. Faith comes by hearing christ the word made flesh and the author and finisher of our faith. Not by hearing the opinions and doctrines and traditons of man. Through this experance, I've realized that most of our problems could be solved if we would stop doing what we think and believe is right and do as we are told by the Holy Spirit, If we would focus on Christ instead of everything else. There is a lot more to moving and operating in the spirit but i wanted to know what got others down this path. Walking and operating in the spirit is NOT taught very often. What parts of Walking In the spirit do you think are important that I haven't mentioned. This Doctrinal issue is the most untalked about, But the most important. Chrsit said Those who worship the father MUST WORSHIP him in SPIRIT AND TRUTH. Not flesh and emotion. We are not even worshiping GOD properly if we don't do it in Spirit and Truth. What got you looking at this. What got you seeking GOD for being in the spirit? wHAT PARTS OF Walking in the spirit have become apart of your every day life? Thank You and GOD Bless

My everday part of walking in the Spirit is NOT to care what people think of me and NOT to live by the standard by what is suppose to happen to Christians as by speaking in tongues and some other gifts of the Spirit.

I grew up in the United church and after becoming a Christian, I was 29 years old I was realizing that salvation and everlasting life is also for me if I believed John 3:16 .

I was over the clouds ---having this first love and joy inside of me and could stand on the rooftops to tell people to give ther hearts to Jesus. I then started going to the Baptist church.

Being a born again Christian for about 1 year I moved with my husband and 2 children for Holland to Canada and did not know which church to go.

We did meet somebody who took us to a Brethren church and we stayed there for many years,during those years I knew I was missing something ---so we started visiting a Pentacostal church which is a wonderful church,what I have against it is that they have a statement of the church that they believe that born again Christians should speak in tongues.

I prayed about this often and heard preachers tell me -just open your mouth and say what comes out of it---I could not do that to me a was not right not to know what I was saying and I started looking for truth in the Bible. The same ounts as for being slain in the Spirit.

In the Bible I found that God is not a God of confusion but a God of order and that sort of settled it for me.

I am not saying that speaking in tongues it is not rght for anybody else but for me it was like God telling me that I should speak English or Dutch so that nobody else could take controle over my words then my mind. I do love to pray in the Spirit at all times but in a language I

know!

I will glorify the Lord with my mind and heart so my soul knows how powerful God is,I hope this makes sense to you.

I agree with you that faith comes by hearing the words of God and living in the Spirit is by being obedient to His voice.

I can speak in tongues all day long ----but I rather read the Word of God THAT is how my faith grows.

I do believe in emotions and sometimes I am overwhelmed by Gods love for me,but I do not live on emotions.

We have to test everything by the word of God.

So I think I can say that I matured in the Lord. I know what I believe and live by the word of God and test all things if they are from God or men made rules and expectations.

I thought for awhile that my faith had grow lukewarm but I realize that it matured and I am safe and secure for all eternity because of Gods love which He showed trough His Son.

As I read the word, I just seem to keep coming across verses like these. (KJV) Galations 2:5 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Matt. 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. Acts 10:19-20 While peter thought on the vision, the spirit said unto him,Behold, three men seek thee. Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them. Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 1Corinthians 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed.

Now there are many, many more verses I could provide but I believe this gets the point across I've been trying to make. The men and women of the bible (the saints) didn't speak there opinion, or traditions, or personal beliefs. They spoke what they were told to speak, They did what they were told to do. They didn't just run around doing what they thought they should. Living in the spirit is partly following the spirit in all things, words or actions. Not our own opinions or beliefs. It is this type of relationship with Christ I'm seeking and talking about in this post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

As I read the word, I just seem to keep coming across verses like these. (KJV) Galations 2:5 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Matt. 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. Acts 10:19-20 While peter thought on the vision, the spirit said unto him,Behold, three men seek thee. Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them. Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 1Corinthians 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed.

Now there are many, many more verses I could provide but I believe this gets the point across I've been trying to make. The men and women of the bible (the saints) didn't speak there opinion, or traditions, or personal beliefs. They spoke what they were told to speak, They did what they were told to do. They didn't just run around doing what they thought they should. Living in the spirit is partly following the spirit in all things, words or actions. Not our own opinions or beliefs. It is this type of relationship with Christ I'm seeking and talking about in this post.

Amen I agree 150% with what you are saying...................:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

My body is just a house. I must present it as a living sacrifice unto God that he might walk in me and reconcile the world unto himself through the gospel of Christ. The most amazing thing about this process in which you speak is that the spirits of the prophets are subject unto the prophets therefore we can grieve the Holy Spirit within us through exercising our own opinions and works. We are to strive to enter into his rest and that rest is resting from our own works and doing his through the spirit that quickens our mortal flesh. Always knowing that we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling as he is the judge of the quick and the dead.

There is nothing in life like the experience of being quickened by the Spirit and filled with his presence.

Gary

GDEMOSS

All I have to say is AMEN!

firestormx, the one thing that stood out about your post that I tend to draw away from is the separation of spirit and emotion. When I read scripture it seems to me that the spirit is the emotional center of the person. An angry spirit, jealous spirit, envious spirit and so on as it is written that the spirit in us lusteth to envy in James. I bring this point up because we are admonished in the word to not be drunk with wine wherein is excess but be filled with the spirit. One of the main purposes of the creation of wine was to lift the spirits of man when he was low. I do agree that a person led by emotion is simply being tossed to and fro by every spirit that comes their way but at the same time I cannot help but be filled with love, joy and peace when the spirit of God is filling me and I am walking as one with him. Much emotion involved in the process.

Gary

First, Emotion is by definiton part of the soul, Soul= mind, will, and emotion. If your soul leads you then the spirit of GOD is not. Emotion is fine and completely ok, as long as it's in the proper place, which is subject to the spirit of GOD. Lastly, and I have a bad feeling you and alot of others will jump on me for this one, but, I believe GODLY LOVE is a choice, not an emotion, Joy and peace that we have is not an emotion but the Joy and peace of Christ which we recieve through the spirit.

First, Emotion is by definiton part of the soul, Soul= mind, will, and emotion. If your soul leads you then the spirit of GOD is not. Emotion is fine and completely ok, as long as it's in the proper place, which is subject to the spirit of GOD. Lastly, and I have a bad feeling you and alot of others will jump on me for this one, but, I believe GODLY LOVE is a choice, not an emotion, Joy and peace that we have is not an emotion but the Joy and peace of Christ which we recieve through the spirit.

Time to jump on you a bit...heh :fryingpan:

Words are incredible. Many times people actually agree about things but use words differently and end up believing they disagree when they do not. I too believe that godly love is a choice and not an emotion, but it is a choice that produces emotions.

Do you have biblical backing to help me understand how emotion is part of the soul? You did not address what I stated about emotional adjectives and spirits. Why not?

Your brother...the one wielding the :fryingpan: all in good fun.

Gary

I thought it was unspoken understood. My mistake. that the spirits you mentioned were just that spirits, thou they produce a emotion the source is still a spirit, just a bad one, just the wrong spirit. As I said emotion is ok, and wonderful, as long as it's source is GOD. the flesh leading a person is bad, but submitted to christ and led by the Spirit of GOD is wonderful, So are emotions.