IGNORED

Needing Some Spiritual Guidance Through The Pain...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/10/1992

So 1- me and josh arent together anymore, long story but I had to tell my police friend adam on him as josh threatened someones life... mostly from his anti depressants i think but he needs some emotional help...pray for him

2- i cant lose weight my friend adam is helping me but its hard, the only thing that used to work for me is crash diets if you know what i mean...and i dont want to do that again! im so confused as to what to do. ive been trying to lose weight for months! im just so hurt...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi, NTC -

I'm a food addict myself, even though I'm not overweight anymore I still struggle . . . thus I know I have not truly conquered the need to eat for emotions and such.

But I began losing weight when I was put into a situation when I was forced to eat less. And I realized that this is the number one problem with losing weight. I was a mostly-healthy eather but sitll packing on pounds. By disciplining myself to cut down the volume, I took in less calories, and the weight began to fall. Eventually I learned to eat slower and listen to my body signals. When you feel satisfied, then stop eating - not when you feel stuffed! Also, don't eat when you don't feel hungry, even if it is the snack someone is passing around.

And I did use the word "discipline" because by the time the situation was back to normal, it did take a force of will to keep from going back to full volume eating. And it took a force of will to cut back on my volume every meal.

The best way to do this is eat meals on a smaller plate. I have dishes that are inbetween side dish size and dinner plate size. If you don't have that, then do not fill more than half the dinner plate with food. If you still feel hungry, wait for 5-10 minutes before putting more food on the plate - but only put one spoonful or equivalent on.

I hope this makes sense.

And blessings on your endeavor!

As for dealing with pain, I know it is hard. Scripture instructs us to endure hardships as discipline to unroot "flesh" - the sin nature. I know this is difficult, but we are instructed to rejoice in (not for, but in) our suffering - although I've heard many testimonies of people who have learned to thank the Lord for their trials, knowing that the Lord will use it for good. Again, I know this is not easy. I still force myself to give thanks when bad things happen. But it does make enduring the hard times easier to walk through.

Blessings on your faith!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks nebula, I lost 2 pounds this week so thats good. My issue is I used to struggle with Bulimia and Anorexic tendencies and my friend adam knows this so he is easing me into a healthier life but it is so hard to not binge when i feel bad, then purge when the food makes me feel worse... I am still learning though and take each grain of advise to heart and will put into action. thank you for the prayers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Of all the addictions that people can have food and sex are the worst with food being the absolute worst. One can abstain from sex without serious side effects but abstinence from food can kill. The incredible thing is that the answer does not lie in controlling the problem itself. The object, whether it be food, sex, alcohol, drugs or other is not the issue. The issue always lies within the broken relationship with God. Christians can suffer from a broken relationship with God that continually drives them back to the sinful things they put their trust in for comfort, which results in more guilt driving them into a worse place than they originally were.

I have suffered from addiction in the following areas: sex, drugs, relationships, alcohol, cigarettes, music and people pleasing. All of which I have been given victory over through an improved relationship with God. Alcohol, cigarettes, people pleasing nor drugs have any allure to me whatsoever anymore. My taste and use of music has changed dramatically and I no longer need to use it to alter my moods outside of singing praise unto God which always lifts me up. I still crave a healthy relationship with my wife but that craving has lost its power to destroy me through her not being good to me. And as far as sex goes, there is definitely something within me that is connected to my eyes that I have to protect myself from. I am super sensitive to the shape of a woman's body and many women are all to ready to reveal theirs unto anyone and everyone. I understand the principle much better that when I would to do good evil is present with me (Romans 7).

How did I get here? I hit bottom and someone said I should look up and ask for help. I didn't believe but tried it anyway and over a period of 10 years God took me from bondage to sin unto freedom and victory. Six years I only knew him as the God of the Universe and in the seventh year he introduced me to his Son. Real freedom began when I started eating and digesting his word daily. I sought to obey everything I read and apply what I learned through sermons in churches and on the radio. I continued to grow in maturity over time though I had many major setbacks that threw me for a loop. The last year of my walk with God has been the most marvelous of them all. I experienced what Peter spoke of in his epistle and now understand truly what it means that in his presence is the fullness of joy.

2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

I first met Jesus at the well by a man coming to me professing the gospel and I believed him. After about 3 years of walking with him through the Word and fellowship of other believers, I heard him for myself from within and now experience the well of water that he spoke of to his disciples.

Jhn 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The Word of God combined with the Spirit of God equals the voice of God, which is the most comforting thing I have ever experienced in my life. I do not need food, sex, drugs, alcohol or any other sinful act to carry me through yet another bad time. I simply turn to my Father and ask 'what should I do?'. He has never failed me. But I always remember that there was a time when I did not have him with me always but instead had to seek him out in another or pour myself out in hope through prayer alone then wait for something to happen as a sign. I simply cannot wait to see just how much more there is to improving this relationship with him and drawing yet closer and closer to him.

He loves us more than we can comprehend. God is Love. He wants you to know the fullness of the joy that can be had when his presence fills your entire body. Ask, seek, knock...He will not give his children a stone when they ask for bread.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Dearest NewtoChrist....

Hello, and I can see that you have had wonderful advice here :emot-eyes: so I would like to add a little something more to all those great replies & also what I have learnt through my journey with God ...

Firstly....we have all been in a similar state as you at some point or another, and see how everyone is back close again to Gods heart, So this will show you that God does not "EVER" leave our side .....Its us who leave His side and stop asking Him to hold our hand....

....I think that we become lazy in ways or maybe self absorbed with our own interests and joys but in your case confusion, so we can forget to PRAISE & LOVE God for all he has done for us or helping us to realise our wrong doings ...!

I think that there comes a time with all of his children when we forget so many" BLESSINGS " that we have been gifted with and when the going gets "TOUGH" we just want to Give Up !

After all , how much easier is it do just THROW in the towel and say "This is too hard God I can't do it & you exspect to much from me" sound familiar?

The thing here is this.........God only wants us to know that we "NEED HIM" and we "NEED" to change and grow to be like "HIM" so in order to be like him we need to read his God breathed words and " Tell Him" how we feel, pouring out our pain and struggles asking for HIS HELP!

God knows all that we struggle with, but how can we be good examples of Faith if we do not set a GREAT Example to others? So thats the hard part.....Discipline !

I teach my children everyday Discipline, be it just to be thankful at our table at food times by saying GRACE to God ....They know that they have to mind their P & Q's as we say in England for there manners....Because we want out children to be respectful to others when they grow, no different to our heavenly Father God want's us to set a good example of his teachings & become good Disciples!

I would like to also mention here, before you do something always remember " God is always watching you" so if you feel something is hard to do, like saying NO then just lift your eyes and heart up to God , and say God does this or would this please you?

I know when I am failing myself and my actions would be displeasing to God, So this is when I just Cry to him saying sorry, as I am weak & could He please strengthen me and keep me focussed on the testing tasks ahead.. :emot-rolleyes:

Maybe you could sit in a quiet place and know that God will be waiting for you to sing him a new SONG? then just pour EVERYTHING to him and ask him to take away your burdens......God will hear your cries and he WILL help ease your problems if you hand it all over & LET GO & LET GOD.... :emot-heartbeat:

I am praying for you & I hope that you will find time to just sit quietly and be with GOD..... :emot-talk: tell Him everything....x

Love & Blessings your sister in Christ ...tina x

Edited by Miss Agapelove

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

God is with you , He never left your side. What i have come to learn is that when God appears to be silent you see what's really in you.. someone gave me a way to look at it and it made sense to me. when you're on the job and your boss gives you an assignment, your boss knows you're capable of getting the job done without his/her constant supervision.In a sense God is the same way.. He gives us a word or a desire, dream or whatever it may be..It's up to us to get moving toward that desire, dream or word. And then it seems we don't hear Him for a while.. But everything comes out in the silence, faith is tried in silence. It's how we develop .. Just like a photograph.. a negative is always processed in the dark..

I know how it feels to be everyone's "therapist" . I have been there. But maybe God is seeing how you will deal in those situations.. are you shining your light in them? Are you being the peacemaker? I understand how frustrating and emotionally draining it can be .. but you have all of God on the inside of you.Keep drawing on His love and His strength when you're feeling this way.

Ask Him to give you the words to speak to these people. I can't offer any advice with the food part, except if you can find a professional to consult (don't know if you have or can) But God never leaves us.. He's always sitting on the sidelines seeing where our faith is at. And don't be afraid to say no.. Sometimes we have to turn people away in order to regain and regroup ourselves. All that negative energy is too draining so take time to rest and in that time talk to God. Whether you hear from Him or not.. Just believe that you have and trust He is guiding your every word.

I hope this was of some help.. just always remember GOD LOVES YOU!!! He wants to see you shine..

You put a smile on my face by noticing the font you use to post the reply, I have to say it's easier to read :)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Keep the focus on Him rather than on yourself, your body, your food, your family, the family problems etc. etc.

God has so much love and peace to give to those who draw near to Him. Spend time with him regularly in prayer, and ask him for help. And finally, trust in his love.

Thank you. sorry i have been away for a while... I've lost 5 pounds! yippie! I got myself a hotel lastnight to be away from my family... parents getting a divorce so it was very..loud lastnight... my brother was crying outside and they didn't even care he had the guts to scream at them "stop fighting i hate it when you guys fight", my dad looked at him in a fit of anger and said " shut the **** up go outside and ******* go do something" so he did, i yelled i was getting a hotel and they didn't even blink! -.-

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Thank you. sorry i have been away for a while... I've lost 5 pounds! yippie! I got myself a hotel lastnight to be away from my family... parents getting a divorce so it was very..loud lastnight... my brother was crying outside and they didn't even care he had the guts to scream at them "stop fighting i hate it when you guys fight", my dad looked at him in a fit of anger and said " shut the **** up go outside and ******* go do something" so he did, i yelled i was getting a hotel and they didn't even blink! -.-

Lord I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well for your family. Yet, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get away from what is going on for at least a few hours. These kind of things are hard on all those around and in our anger and hurt feelings sometimes words are used that really are not meant. May God grant you peace and may He cause your parents to wake up and comes to terms with their choice in life.

ICL~~~Dennis

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello No Longer New to Christ,

Just wanted to say, though this post began in July, that Christ's prayer for you, the last prayer He made before He went back to be in the presence of His father was that God would make you one with Him, just as Christ was made one with Him. And God is answering that prayer. You had better believe it!

Also, when you dont "feel" God, or "hear" from Him directly, stay in His Word and get plugged in. You will certainly hear from Him then. He is all over His Word. It is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword. Believe it.

Apart from that, do all things with balance, and glorify God in your body. If you aren't in a time of fasting and prayer, then eat something good. Even a little bit!

Bless,

scargirl