upnorthfan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to discuss this topic and listen to any and everyone's opinions on this matter if you care to share. I personally do not believe it is necssary, and later in the thread I will bring scripture into the dialoge to support my postion.

Disclosure: I notice posters like to quickly say when I start a thread (Oh gee, we have already talked about this, or this isn't important to me), to those posters I say great, I have discussed this a 1000 times too, but not here. Also there are always new posters coming into our forum, so just keep those non-contributing remarks to yourselves.

Edited by upnorthfan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I would like to discuss this topic and listen to any and everyone's opinions on this matter if you care to share. I personally do not believe it is necssary, and later in the thread I will bring scripture into the dialoge to support my postion.

Disclosure: I notice posters like to quickly say when I start a thread (Oh gee, we have already talked about this, or this isn't important to me), to those posters I say great, I have discussed this a 1000 times too, but not here. Also there are always new posters coming into our forum, so just keep those non-contributing remarks to yourselves.

Hi, upnorthfan,

The term baptism is commonly referring to the immersion in water. If that is what you mean then no it is not necessary for salvation. The term baptise means to immerse. Into what the object is to be immersed is not inherant in the word. To be saved we must be immersed into Christ though and this is necessary for salvation.

LT

Hi, upnorthfan,

The term baptism is commonly referring to the immersion in water. If that is what you mean then no it is not necessary for salvation. The term baptise means to immerse. Into what the object is to be immersed is not inherant in the word. To be saved we must be immersed into Christ though and this is necessary for salvation.

LT

Hi LT,

Nice to meet you. Do you think the act of baptism in and of itself is necessary for Salvation? At what age should one be baptised? What if a little baby isn't baptised, what then?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

We had one of those discussions not too long ago....here is the link

if you want to see where that one went ;)

We had one of those discussions not too long ago....here is the link

if you want to see where that one went ;)

Well I looked high and low for a thread before I started this one. Of course I only looked under Doctinal issues (where it should have been). Why it is under General Discussion I have no idea.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Hi there - Posters generally post where they want or where they wish to post any particular topic. I have not seen anyone (mod) dictate where a topic must be placed.

I was christened by the sprinkling method at a very early age. I am satisfied as is my denomination.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

No it is not.

Blessings!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Not for salvation, but as a commandment, one should.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Is Baptism necessary for Salvation? Well it is definitely a great way to start a discussion by asking such a deep question.

7307d1344213295-fishing-fishing-fish-water-smiley-emoticon-000714-large.gif

Is obedience required to obtain eternal life? (heb 5:9)

Does one have to walk in the light to be cleansed by the blood? (1 Jo 1:7)

Does one have to do Gods will to be saved? (Matt 7:21)

Is it Gods will that a person be sanctified? (1 Thes 4:3)

Questions, questions, questions. They are such good bait. They bring out the best in people, they bring out the worst in people. Can a person be saved if they were never given a water baptism where they were immersed? The simple answer is yes. The more complex answer...well that doesn't do much but minister more questions. :)

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Yes, it is necessary. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is the role model and example we should follow because He is the Way to salvation. Christ had Himself baptized despite the fact that He did not need it; therefore, we should follow Him.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Should we ? Absolutely, I think everyone should..... Do you have to in order to be saved ? No...

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."