IGNORED

What does God's voice sound like to you?

Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I'm curious of knowing what God's voice sound like to you when He speaks to your heart.

Do you hear someone elses voice or is it more like a thought that makes sense which appears in your mind?

Is it your own voice speaking to you through God's spirit?

Thank you :).

In my case, it's a soft humble voice that sounds like mine talking to me to my mind, (although my voice doesn't sound as soft and humble when I speak). I can hear Him speaking to me not from the outside,

but rather from the inside.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Talk communicated with me by ideas, he once gave me the idea of sitting down on the curb, I can't go into the particulars, but it saved my bacon in one way that you are probably not thinking of, I guess you could call that supernatural knowledge.

Another time I was given implanted knowledge, I yielded and obeyed and God was there to catch me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

For me it is a soft voice that I hear in my gut.. sometimes it's just a knowing feeling not so much words..

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Actually, in different ways. First, through the Bible..how does that work? The written word will become so alive to me as to anchor itself

in me in a way I could not duplicate. Once in a while, I will have a verse or passage pop into my mind that when I look it up, it is just

what I need to 'hear'!

And yes, I can also agree with the assurance inside of me in the deepest place that God IS and if I do 'hear' his voice (I guess through

the Holy Spirit) it will be sudden in a way I was not expecting so that I am pretty sure it is not just my own thought

I have also heard a couple of external things, including heavenly singing, but that is a subjective experience but real to me

and other things...I find He speaks to my heart and touches me in ways that are very personal and peculiar or particular to me

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There was someone who once sang a song about this that says it all for me. Here is a portion:

I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own;

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,

Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,

And the melody that He gave to me

Within my heart is ringing.

I experience what I believe to be the still small voice that Elijah the Tishbite experienced after his own personal conversion. Because I hear this way, I have moved to talking to God using my natural voice and quieting myself inside so that when he speaks it is set apart from me and my own thoughts. Sin is also there trying to muddy up the conversation and occasionally other spirits that try to work in on the dialogue.

Gary

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I'm curious of knowing what God's voice sound like to you when He speaks to your heart.

Do you hear someone elses voice or is it more like a thought that makes sense which appears in your mind?

Is it your own voice speaking to you through God's spirit?

Thank you :).

In my case, it's a soft humble voice that sounds like mine talking to me to my mind, (although my voice doesn't sound as soft and humble when I speak). I can hear Him speaking to me not from the outside,

but rather from the inside.

I heard an evangelist say on t.v. that God speaks to him in his mind.

I hear a soft voice of a man speak to me in my heart. Sometimes he speaks to me , in my mind... and like it come out of my forehead .

It may be a word or two that He speaks and I understand what He means.

He could say the word.. comforts.

I know that He is telling me that He is comforting me.

Honors... I know that He is letting me know that I am giving Him honor. When I am doing something good ...that pleases Him.

Like when we write in here ...it honors Him.

One word or two words ...He will say. As you grow spiritually with Him you will reconize His voice.

When a baby is born , he hears a voice of his father. All the baby knows is a voice .

As the baby grows and hears the same voice more often....then he will reconize the voice of his father.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have heard God in many of the ways others report here.

"Let the peace of God rule (like an umpire) in your hearts" Col 3:15 excerpt from NKJV plus Amplified.

God brings me peace, even when He convicts me of sin. The enemy torments.

God's voice reveals His attributes: holy, just, compassionate and gentle yet all powerful, all knowing, righteous, omnipresent, for a few.

We recognize Him as being the God revealed in the Bible. If the voice is my own it is usually a temptation.

Usually it is something that pops out, calling my attention to it, either in the Bible or in a song. Often it is something I had heard earlier in the week like in a sermon. Often God speaks to me through my husband. Usually that is necessary if I didn't pay attention the first time. I didn't like it the first time let alone from the mouth of my husband.

If I am witnessing the idea pops into my head and the words sort of flow out. Afterwards I sometimes think, hay that was good! It wasn't my idea but it was just what I needed to say.

For me, it is a male voice that come from within.

And I have also communicated with ideas. Once while my car was sailing off a 50 ft. embankment, my idea to Him was, "So soon, Lord? What about my kids and my husband? I commit them to You" . There was not time for me to think words. So I am writing to you from heaven. (Of course I survived.) Our son fell through a window with only a cut on his back. I had a concussion and my hair fell out from shock. We lost a really nice car but I mourned more over the loss of that huge pile of hair (and glass) that I combed out. Otherwise, so thankful we were alive and well.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

A long time ago I got in the habit of emailing my friends the verse of the day from Biblegateway. There have been many times when I sent a verse in the morning, and by that evening someone realized it was prophetic.

I've found that God will speak almost anywhere He is allowed to. He speaks through worship music in my car. He speaks through motivating people on Worthy to ask a question, and as I answer I find myself preaching to my own self. He speaks through dreams.

And yes, there are times when He speaks to my mind. To me, it often sounds like my own thought voice, but it's suddenly much more mature and reasonable. When the Holy Spirit starts talking, His voice always brings peace, love for others, positive change, and simple truth. He never lectures or condemns - for me, He uses clear logic to poke holes in my selfish defenses, and I find myself unable to deny it.

There are also other times when knowledge comes to me out of nowhere.

Many beginning Christians get caught up in wanting to 'hear' God's voice (not saying Hall7 is by any means, just saying in general). If you're someone out there struggling to hear God, my advice is just relax, live your life with an open mind, surround yourself with places where God might be (Christian forums, Christian radio, etc) and just spend your time dwelling on His word and His character. Soon you'll start hearing/feeling that subtle conviction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,155
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Different ways, usually it's just overbearing feelings that you know are not from yourself. Example of that would be the day that Tim McVey bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma city. It's about 35 miles from my house to downtown OKC where I had schediled to be, and the closer to downtown I got the more I experienced something was wrong and I needed to change my plans...... by the time I got within five miles that feeling of something wrong had turned into real terror and I was actually afraid to go down town.

Turned out that I would have been across the street from the truck that blew up and very unlikely to have lived through the blast. No one who was in that area did.

Other times I've heard an actual voice and it usually says, "NO..... don't do that." Once when I went over the edge of being angry with Him because he would not heall my wife of her M.S. and was rannting in the back yard, he use a deep quiet foice and said, "Sam, that's between her and me, and it's really none of your business."

Sometimes it's when something is really bothering me, I can pick up the Bible and just open it to some place and find the answer to my question.

I've found it best to not have him yell at you..... that "NO, don't do that" can be more excitement than I care to deal with.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Other one, that happened to me a few weeks before Katrina. We drove over the Mississippi through Memphis in the summer of 2005. As soon as our car got over the water, I had a weird panic attack that would not go away. It stayed with me for days, and then as soon as we drove back across the river to go home, it went away.