• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Wht r ur guidelines for giving words to believers and unbelievers and why

Please take note that Worthy does not allow abbreviated text when posting, please use complete words.

As to your question, it is usual for someone to give their opinion of a subject as well, so can i ask what your "guidelines" , besides scripture are?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The Lord is my guideline for giving words to believers and unbelievers. But I am no prophet. I merely try to give the gospel or scriptural views as He leads.

When you mention prophecy, are you speaking of foretelling or forthtelling?

I believe that for any modern prophet, they should only speak words from the Lord as He tells them too. If they are in error at all in that, then are they truly prophets of God? The bible says 100% accurate or they are not from Him. Too many disregard that and claim to be prophets of God when they are in error.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,481
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Lord is my guideline for giving words to believers and unbelievers. But I am no prophet. I merely try to give the gospel or scriptural views as He leads.

When you mention prophecy, are you speaking of foretelling or forthtelling?

I believe that for any modern prophet, they should only speak words from the Lord as He tells them too. If they are in error at all in that, then are they truly prophets of God? The bible says 100% accurate or they are not from Him. Too many disregard that and claim to be prophets of God when they are in error.

If we kept the ->tradition<- then we would kill them! Whoa I guess that would cut down on the nonsensical stuff :)

The scary stuff is that if they are not 100% accurate and were not doing the above what then? I'm a prophet your a prophet

wouldn't you like to be a prophet too... Love, Steven

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

We shouldnt kill them obviously. But should we give heed to them any more if they speak falsely? No.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

What are your guidelines for giving words to believers and unbelievers and why

I took the time to fix your post beloved, in hopes that you might now get your question answered.

I'm not sure whose guidelines you are asking about...... the board guide lines or the individual members who might read the thread. Also what do you mean by giving us words. Are you speaking of personal messages from God, or just coming prophecy that might affect us all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Revelation 19:10b

Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Every time we give testimony of Christ Jesus, we do so in the spirit of prophecy.

Wht r ur guidelines for giving words to believers and unbelievers and why

Why?

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:5-8

Because Believers And Unbelievers Alike, You Are Loved (ur lovD)

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Not many pastors will allow some one to give a prophetic word to their members my old pastor was the same before a prophetic word was given it had to be 100 % accurate .

i wonder how many know the message before they could speak it certainly would not want to give a miss leading prophetic word that is just the way i am

Ezekiel had to know the message before he could speak it. So, he had to eat the *scroll (accept the message) in preparation for his work. The message in the *scroll was a difficult one. But his task was to speak that message to the *Israelites.

The *Lord sends Ezekiel to the *Israelites

Ezekiel 2:1-7

v1 He said to me, ‘*Son of man, stand up on your feet. And I will speak with you.’ v2 And as he spoke to me, the Spirit came into me. He lifted me up on my feet. And I heard the *Lord as he spoke to me.

v3 He said, ‘*Son of man, I am sending you to the *Israelites. As a nation, they have *turned against me. They and their fathers have done wrong things against me. Even now, they are still against me. v4 I am sending you to people who oppose me. They refuse to obey me. Say to them, “The *LORD your King says this to you.” v5 They may listen, or they may not listen. They are people who have *turned against me. But they will know that a *prophet has been among them. v6 And you, *son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. They may surround you like *thorn bushes. And you may feel as if you live with *scorpions. But do not be afraid of what they say. Do not let the anger on their faces frighten you. They are a people who have *turned against me. v7 But speak my words to them. They may listen. But they may not listen because they *turn against me.’

Ezekiel 2:8-10

v8 ‘But you, *son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not *turn against me as those people do. Open your mouth! Eat what I am giving to you!’

v9 Then I looked. I saw a hand that reached out toward me. And in the hand was a *scroll. v10 The hand opened the *scroll. It had words on the front and on the back. It contained funeral songs, sad words and words about troubles.

Ezekiel 3:1-3

v1 Then the *Lord said to me, ‘*Son of man. Eat what is in front of you. Eat this *scroll. Then go and speak to the *Israelites.’ v2 So, I opened my mouth, and he gave the *scroll to me to eat.

v3 He said to me, ‘*Son of man. Eat the *scroll that I give to you. Fill your stomach with it.’ Then I ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I think the words unbelievers need to hear most are those of the gospel.

With believers I stick to Scripture. It's so easy to get way off track when we veer from it. God's never told me something to tell someone else, apart from Scripture. If He ever would, He'd have to make it pretty crystal clear for me to do something like that. I've heard of some people really getting messed up in their walk because of some "parking lot prophecy". The last thing we ever want to do is to try to speak for God when God hasn't spoken.

Our youth pastors at church are a very nice young couple. The wife is also a worship leader, very musically talented. When they were engaged, they were going to a different church, and a travelling guest speaker had came to their church. The young lady in question led worship before the guy's sermon, and after the sermon he told her he had a "word from the Lord" for her. He told her the man she was engaged to was not the man God had for her, that if she didn't end it, it would end badly. Come to find out, the man wanted her to travel around with him as his permanent worship leader.

It's situations like these that make me wary of this sort of thing, especially when I already have the Holy Spirit inside me, and direct access to God myself. I'm not saying I don't believe God speaks to us, or that He'll never use another believer to do so. I just think we should use the utmost caution when either listening to, or speaking, "Thus saith the Lord....."