• No, Jesus was a man.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Is there still three person in one person now ?

Was there three ?

and

now there is just one being ?

God is no longer spirit now ? now he has a earthen body that has been changed to live in - now that makes two

Now Christ is all powerful by returning to himself in heaven bringing the trinity together into one being ???

Before Jesus came there would have been two, when he came there were three and went to heaven and now there is one unity ??????????????

Could you by chance elaborate a bit on each of those? Not clear on your questions, but if i could, I would love to help.

God bless you,

Love to you in Him

Is there still a trinity in heaven now ?

When Jesus was here it seem like God was separated:

1. God in Heaven

2. Jesus on earth

3. Holy Spirit went about doing things

Are they all one now ? or still separated ?

Maybe I am not looking to clearly thru a trintiy eye glasses to well.

I am still confused by your question, but I will try and do with what I believe your confused with, ahead of time if it is not what your looking for I apologize.

I would like to make something clear,

It was not that God was "one" and broke off into a bunch of branches (3), these each make up God as a whole(3 are one), the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit.

Hebrew 12:2

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Now you ask where is the Holy Spirit?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."

And these three are one!

1 John 5:7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word,and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord"

Deuteronomy 6: 4

So when God was a child(Jesus) he was fully God in one body ? no where else ? all three in one place.

You are saying They are not three separate being.

Is God spirit now ?

or

Is God now Jesus with a body ?

You know how some believe when you die your spirit goes to heaven.

Now when the resurrection come you are united with your body and now you a not a spirit no more. right.?

So God is not the spirit part no more either ???

Well I am assuming that some believe God is spirit without a body. Is that true now or was it true back then ?

Again, it is not that God was one big Creator, then broke off into three parts. God has been these three parts.

Consider this.

John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

From this we understand that the Word (Jesus) was with God and is God, not to be confused with He was God and is no longer.

John 1:2

"He was with God in the beginning."

The Word (Jesus) has been with God since the beginning.

John 1:3

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

And again, we are made to recognize that the Word (Jesus) was there during the creation and apart of the creation, nothing could have been made that was made.

Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Not sure if you read this or not so will post it again. . . .

"One of the most famous of these is the shamrock which St. Patrick used as he evangelized Ireland. Holding up a shamrock to the angry pagans who demanded an explanation about how God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one God yet three beings, he asked them if he was holding up one leaf or three. If three leaves then why one stem? If one stem then why three leaves? The crowd was silenced and St. Patrick said; "And if you cannot explain so simple a mystery as the shamrock, how can you hope to understand one as profound as the Holy Trinity?"

Now, let me try and put this into perspective for you. Take for instance the three leaf clover as depicted in the quote above. If you take away one of the leaves it no longer becomes a three leaf clover, so, just as with God, He remains the same, thus His 'oneness' in the trinity must also remain the same.

As for the thing about Jesus, lets see if this verse helps.

Mark 16:9

"After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God."

So to answer your question, no. Jesus is still Jesus, the Father is still the Father and the Holy Spirit is still the Holy Spirit, they all make up God.

you are confusing

I see two thrones in heaven. God has one and Jesus has one - So where is the third leaf of the clover throne ?

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I see two thrones in heaven. God has one and Jesus has one - So where is the third leaf of the clover throne ?

Hey BG,

Where do you see two thrones in Heaven? Is this a Biblical reference?

God bless,

GE

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png

Hey BG, maybe this will help you out...I posted it in another thread, but wanted to bring it over.

In our western mindset...we almost automatically think "The Father" when we hear the word: "God". Certainly the Father is God...but God is also the Son and the Holy Spirit.

As is diagrammed above, The Father is not the Son who is not the Holy Spirit, but yet all are equally and indivisibly God.

To put it another way...God, for His own purposes and His own good pleasure has chosen to reveal Himself to mankind in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; each with His own ministry...yet working harmoniously to accomplish God's redemptive plan for mankind...of one essence and indivisibly one God.

An analogy that I use (weak perhaps, but all I can think of) is this:

In terms of humanity, my son and I are of one essence. That is to say that we are both Human Beings.

Jesus, in terms of Deity is of one essence with both The Father and the Holy Spirit in that they are all one God...not a part of God, or a piece of God, but God in all ways.

I hope that this has helped rather that confused you!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Sorry to bring this up, but I think Mike (sadly now banned) brought up the 2 thrones as one reason he did not believe in

the Trinity and if was not in this thread, then the other one

I agree that God is Spirit and therefore does not even possess a throne as we would think of one...it does say however,

that the earth is God's footstool......."'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be? Acts 7:40 (OT reference)

So are we picturing God as the biggest object in the universe when we read that, or do we see that as not meant literally? Why would we

think that there is no Trinity if we can only picture 2 thrones in heaven when in reality, Jesus is the only One with a body?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Gen 1:26

26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

NASB

If the Father has no body then who is "our" in our image?

Hey BG, maybe this will help you out...I posted it in another thread, but wanted to bring it over.

In our western mindset...we almost automatically think "The Father" when we hear the word: "God". Certainly the Father is God...but God is also the Son and the Holy Spirit.

As is diagrammed above, The Father is not the Son who is not the Holy Spirit, but yet all are equally and indivisibly God.

To put it another way...God, for His own purposes and His own good pleasure has chosen to reveal Himself to mankind in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; each with His own ministry...yet working harmoniously to accomplish God's redemptive plan for mankind...of one essence and indivisibly one God.

In terms of humanity, my son and I are of one essence. That is to say that we are both Human Beings.

Jesus, in terms of Deity is of one essence with both The Father and the Holy Spirit in that they are all one God...not a part of God, or a piece of God, but God in all ways.

Excellent perspective Mcgyver. This helped me. :):thumbsup:

Hey BG,

God bless,

GE

Revelation 4 and 5 = God the father is on the Throne

REVELATION 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So what is the different with this diagram than the Oneness belief ?

God is all three and all three are one and all is one name.

Hey BG,

God bless,

GE

Revelation 4 and 5 = God the father is on the Throne

REVELATION 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

In context…

Rev. 3:14-22

The Lukewarm Church

14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans[f] write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[g] I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God the Father in heaven. If we are adopted into God’s family as we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we shall be seated on thrones with Jesus.

Perhaps we should look at the following two passages to understand further Rev. 3:21…

Luke 22:29-30

29 And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, 30 that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

1 Cor. 6:2-3

2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Jesus' plan for all of us who Believe and are adopted into God’s family, is that we will be seated with Him in heavenly places. Jesus overcame the world when He submitted His will to the Father's will. He overcame sin and death on the cross. We are part of Jesus’ inheritance given to Him by the Father. :)

The Holy Spirit is to help Believers. The Holy Spirit is active in today's world while Jesus is with the Father. So no need for a throne for the HS.

See discussion:

Your thoughts?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

So what is the different with this diagram than the Oneness belief ?

God is all three and all three are one and all is one name.

Good question, and I'll try to answer as best as I can..

Oneness Theology stems from either Modalism or Monarchianism.

Modalism is the belief that the Father, Son, and H.S. are different "aspects" or "modes" of God.

Think of an actor in a Kabuki theater. He comes onstage as the Father, goes and makes a quick costume change and comes out as the Son, makes another change and comes on again as the H.S.

Monarchianism is the teaching that there is one God in one person.

These are directly in contrast to the Trinitarian concept of Godhead as three eternal persons coexisting consubstantially (of one substance/essence) as one in being.

We could go back to the analogy that I gave earlier: My son and I are two distinct persons...but we are of one essence in our humanity (we're both human), and we both exist simultaneously.

Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and The Father are distinct persons, yet of one essence in their deity...existing simultaneously.

Edited by Mcgyver