IGNORED

Was Jesus God?

GoldenEagle

Jesus is/was God?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Was Jesus God?

• Yes, Jesus was and is God.
    • No, Jesus was a man.

John 1 v 1/2/3: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Kinda says it out loud here.... :emot-heartbeat:

Yes I believe 100% Jesus on earth was God in human flesh!!

Jesus is God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

John 1 v 1/2/3: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Jesus is God.

This verse only says that he was God in the beginning, not necessarily while he was here in the flesh.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Jesus is God.

This verse only says that he was God in the beginning, not necessarily while he was here in the flesh.

This would beg the question: Can God stop being God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus is God.

This would beg the question: Can God stop being God?

He has the power to set his Godship aside and just be a human for a while.... so yes he certainly can.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Wow, 100% agreement. How could anyone agrue with statistics like that. Must be true huh. All those people couldn't possibly be wrong. I didn't see anyone who asked for the criteria. If someone did and I missed it, I apologize. Was Jesus all powerful when on Earth and is that a critera for Godhood? Was he completely omniscient? I'm not argueing. I really don't know. I have heard some say that if Jesus were Omniscient he could not have been tempted, but of course that's silly, because we know he was tempted. If Omnipotent, he could not have suffered. And if he were not able to experience what it was to be human, he could not be the judge at the end of days. I don't know, probably just dogma. I think some believe that because he was born of a human mother, and a divine Father he was enough God to live a perfect life, and enough human to redeem mankind from the fall.

Well, I'm not smart enough to vote on such a question, but I do have to ask, is it possible that it might just be more complicated than our very finite minds can understand, and God has had to simplify it beyond recognition so that we can try to get through life.

Kadin

Much to muse on eh? The truth is actually quite simple. The details are that which is complex. Man is in and of himself impenetrable by sin except there be a need as became the case with woman who was not impenetrable but the weaker vessel. Adam is the reverse of Jesus. Adam had to give his life to save his wife. He had to die so that they could both be made alive. Jesus had to give his life so that his wife could live. One was put in a position where they had to choose to sin while the other was put in a position where they had to chose not too. The design is amazing as man was created in the image of God.

Was Jesus God? He was God with us, the Lord from heaven who proceeded out of God the Father as is the Holy Spirit. But what we need to understand in it all is that through him we can be saved from sin both that which has already caused us to be dead in trespass as well as that which could potentially condemn us to eternal separation from God. Jesus is Lord over all. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess unto God that this is true. I do it daily as it is truth.

As for the argument that questions if 100% of God was in Jesus bodily, that is absurd. The heaven of heavens cannot contain God, how much less a human body? Jesus is the Son of God. The express image of his person. Worthy of all honor and glory. And he is in me and is the hope of my glory.

Peace in Christ

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him,

Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when

he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death,

and was heard in that he feared;

8 Though he were a Son,

yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9 And being made perfect,

he became the author of eternal salvation

unto all them that obey him;

Heb 5:5-9 (KJV)

Much to muse on eh? The truth is actually quite simple. The details are that which is complex. Man is in and of himself impenetrable by sin except there be a need as became the case with woman who was not impenetrable but the weaker vessel. Adam is the reverse of Jesus. Adam had to give his life to save his wife. He had to die so that they could both be made alive. Jesus had to give his life so that his wife could live. One was put in a position where they had to choose to sin while the other was put in a position where they had to chose not too. The design is amazing as man was created in the image of God.

Was Jesus God? He was God with us, the Lord from heaven who proceeded out of God the Father as is the Holy Spirit. But what we need to understand in it all is that through him we can be saved from sin both that which has already caused us to be dead in trespass as well as that which could potentially condemn us to eternal separation from God. Jesus is Lord over all. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess unto God that this is true. I do it daily as it is truth.

As for the argument that questions if 100% of God was in Jesus bodily, that is absurd. The heaven of heavens cannot contain God, how much less a human body? Jesus is the Son of God. The express image of his person. Worthy of all honor and glory. And he is in me and is the hope of my glory.

Peace in Christ

Hello Gdemoss,

This is strange to me. Are you suggesting Adam did not fall to the temptation, but deliberately ate the fruit to save Eve? It is my understanding Adam was not being sacrifical, but foolishly disobedient.

Could you clarify what you mean.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Peace in Christ

Hello Gdemoss,

This is strange to me. Are you suggesting Adam did not fall to the temptation, but deliberately ate the fruit to save Eve? It is my understanding Adam was not being sacrifical, but foolishly disobedient.

Could you clarify what you mean.

I held your position for a long time and understand why you do. I came to believe otherwise over the last two years. Adam was not deceived according to the scriptures. He knew exactly what he was doing. You and I are at a disadvantage because we were born with sin and therefore a carnal mind. Adam however was not born as such but made in the likeness and image of God. He was given the Spirit of God, the breath of life from day one. His thoughts were pure. He knew exactly what God meant when he said that in the day that he ate of the fruit that he would die. As we can all see, Adam did not immediately die in the ordinary physical sense. He died spiritually. The Spirit of God left the temple. Adams choice to disobey God and die was made while he still had the mind of Christ. He could not simply stand back and watch his wife receive the consequences of her actions. He, just as Christ, had to choose to love his wife and give his life for her.

The bible tells us that Abraham, who was a fallen sinner, was able to conclude that God would raise up Isaac from the dead if he sacrificed him and therefore he was able to take him up on the mount and prepare to offer him. Why is it that people have such a hard time understanding that Adam knew that he himself had just been created from the dust of the ground into a living entity and that God could raise both he and his wife from the dead? After all Adam was the like figure of him who was to come.

The difference between Adam and Jesus is that Jesus is the genuine article whereas Adam was merely a facsimile. They preformed in the exact same way using the same logic. Jesus left heaven bound for the cross because he understood that he would be raised from the dead along with all those who are his. Self sacrificial love is the most amazing thing in existence. God is love.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I held your position for a long time and understand why you do. I came to believe otherwise over the last two years. Adam was not deceived according to the scriptures. He knew exactly what he was doing. You and I are at a disadvantage because we were born with sin and therefore a carnal mind. Adam however was not born as such but made in the likeness and image of God. He was given the Spirit of God, the breath of life from day one. His thoughts were pure. He knew exactly what God meant when he said that in the day that he ate of the fruit that he would die. As we can all see, Adam did not immediately die in the ordinary physical sense. He died spiritually. The Spirit of God left the temple. Adams choice to disobey God and die was made while he still had the mind of Christ. He could not simply stand back and watch his wife receive the consequences of her actions. He, just as Christ, had to choose to love his wife and give his life for her.

The bible tells us that Abraham, who was a fallen sinner, was able to conclude that God would raise up Isaac from the dead if he sacrificed him and therefore he was able to take him up on the mount and prepare to offer him. Why is it that people have such a hard time understanding that Adam knew that he himself had just been created from the dust of the ground into a living entity and that God could raise both he and his wife from the dead? After all Adam was the like figure of him who was to come.

The difference between Adam and Jesus is that Jesus is the genuine article whereas Adam was merely a facsimile. They preformed in the exact same way using the same logic. Jesus left heaven bound for the cross because he understood that he would be raised from the dead along with all those who are his. Self sacrificial love is the most amazing thing in existence. God is love.

Uh...How would Adam's participation in Eve's sin help her in any way? How on earth was his sin a form of self-sacrifice? Why would he have to die to save his wife?

Adam is associated with Jesus in only one sense--by Adam's sin of rebellion against God, sin entered the world and corrupted it; by Jesus act of obedience to God, redemption and the opportunity for holiness was presented to men. The first Adam brought death into the world; the last Adam (Jesus) brought life into the world. The moment a human is born into the world, the first Adam and his condemnation are his representatives before God. The moment that a human is born of the spirit, Jesus and his righteousness become the representatives the person.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:22

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:16

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Adam did indeed know exactly what he was doing; he willfully rebelled against God. God said "Thou shalt not eat of the tree" and Adam rebelled against that command by listening to his wife. Adam's act was an act of rebellion; not of self-sacrifice. Eve was tricked; Adam rebelled.

There is no scripture in the Bible that suggests that Adam's act was anything other than rebellion against God's command.

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Another thing worthy of notice, is that sin and death did not enter into the world through Eve - it entered through Adam. Why? Because the command was not given to the woman; it was given to the man. Adam was humanity's legal representative. The fate of mankind did not rest in Eve's hands; it rested in Adam's hands. If Adam had not sinned, death would not have entered into the world. God didn't tell Eve that she would die if she ate the fruit, and if Adam had not sinned, no one would have died, all would have been well.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.