• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

This could indeed happen, and it is the real test:

Matthew 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

He said it.

I have already been placed in this position. I have had to choose Jesus over my whole family. Since I have chosen to follow him with my whole heart, everyone including my wife turned away from me. They won't turn back except I deny him though they themselves claim to know him.

I agree and for many parents it is a deep deep fear. However you will find in the answers, you get a flood of angry people on either side.

I found your choice of words interesting. Flood of angry people. This is what the end will be. A flood of angry demon possessed people wreaking havoc everywhere. It will be very tempting to deny Christ and save ones own neck from a guillotine.

Yes, and how much harder to see a guillotine at your childs neck....you are right, it will be a flood of angry evil people taken over.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This could indeed happen, and it is the real test:

Matthew 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

He said it.

I have already been placed in this position. I have had to choose Jesus over my whole family. Since I have chosen to follow him with my whole heart, everyone including my wife turned away from me. They won't turn back except I deny him though they themselves claim to know him.

I agree and for many parents it is a deep deep fear. However you will find in the answers, you get a flood of angry people on either side.

I found your choice of words interesting. Flood of angry people. This is what the end will be. A flood of angry demon possessed people wreaking havoc everywhere. It will be very tempting to deny Christ and save ones own neck from a guillotine.

Yes, and how much harder to see a guillotine at your childs neck....you are right, it will be a flood of angry evil people taken over.

If our children are old enough to make the decision for themselves then I suppose they are also in danger of this death but if we truly believe that it is merely the doorway unto being with the Lord then we ought to rejoice and sing hymns all the way to the guillotine. It would be harder for me to watch my child escape the guillotine via denying Christ than to watch his head removed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

If our children are old enough to make the decision for themselves then I suppose they are also in danger of this death but if we truly believe that it is merely the doorway unto being with the Lord then we ought to rejoice and sing hymns all the way to the guillotine. It would be harder for me to watch my child escape the guillotine via denying Christ than to watch his head removed.

True thing.