No more

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I personally don't believe in the rapture at all. I am one of those who view that Revalation was all metaphorical, and has no historical or prophetic relevance or credibility at all.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I have heard that God gives you the strength to do His will when the time comes and not before. So pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to enable you to glorify Him in all your life now so it won't be a hard decision should the time come.

:thumbsup:

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

I've got The Father on my side, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit and 2/3 of the angels. What do you think I'm going to do? Sit down and cry? Leonard Ravenhill

I bless HIS name daily /nightly.

I could not walk the path I am on in this moment of time with out HIS help. 

Deuteronomy 31:8 8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged"

I need that promise , I need that reassurance every living moment that I breath; more so than any other time in my life.  

I am weak but in HIM I am strong 

I will not be moved, 

Romans 8:38-39 ....38.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Amen. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I am finished trying to defend the Biblical position of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture view. It is just a lesson in frustration for me and an aggravation, which I'm sure is not the desire of the Lord. No one who holds a different view is going to be convinced by what I say anyway. And I also realize that as long as I simply put the widely held view out there, that those who haven't taken any position yet or want to know more about it will have all the information I have used to arrive at my own conclusion. So post your disagreements, your evidence, your conclusions that cause you to hold a different view. But don't expect me to argue a defense for the Pre-Tribulation Rapture that I hold since I have done so until I am blue in the face and it's not worth it. Its not salvational to me, and I will never loose faith in the Blood of the Lamb in the unlikely event that I will be here for any portion of the Tribulation. Thanks for your understanding, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen!

The danger I see in holding a pre-tribulation rapture is that one may not prepare for the tribulation if they don't expect to be here. If that person suddenly realizes they are going to go through it it could be rather rough. The Scriptures tell us that God will prepare places for His people just like He did for the Israelites when Hew brought judgment on Egypt. However, if one is expecting to taken away they may not be prepared to get to or even know about these places. I believe the Tribulation is not that far off and would exhort everyone to prepare.

I have heard others say that those who believe pre-trib, won't likely make it in the trib, as they didn't prepare.

What I have found is that when going thru a tribulation/testing/persecution as all do to some extent as it is a part of our process for learning, I didn't know it was coming until it had already arrived. During the tribulation (not the great tribulation), I have discovered that God is right there with me, giving me whatever I needed. I didn't have to prepare. God upholds.

So, I worry about those who 'prepare' as they are relying on something in or about themselves, or physical preparations they have made to survive and not God. But then again, if they are true believers, God is there to uphold them.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

I am finished trying to defend the Biblical position of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture view. It is just a lesson in frustration for me and an aggravation, which I'm sure is not the desire of the Lord. No one who holds a different view is going to be convinced by what I say anyway. And I also realize that as long as I simply put the widely held view out there, that those who haven't taken any position yet or want to know more about it will have all the information I have used to arrive at my own conclusion. So post your disagreements, your evidence, your conclusions that cause you to hold a different view. But don't expect me to argue a defense for the Pre-Tribulation Rapture that I hold since I have done so until I am blue in the face and it's not worth it. Its not salvational to me, and I will never loose faith in the Blood of the Lamb in the unlikely event that I will be here for any portion of the Tribulation. Thanks for your understanding, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen!

The danger I see in holding a pre-tribulation rapture is that one may not prepare for the tribulation if they don't expect to be here. If that person suddenly realizes they are going to go through it it could be rather rough. The Scriptures tell us that God will prepare places for His people just like He did for the Israelites when Hew brought judgment on Egypt. However, if one is expecting to taken away they may not be prepared to get to or even know about these places. I believe the Tribulation is not that far off and would exhort everyone to prepare.

I have heard others say that those who believe pre-trib, won't likely make it in the trib, as they didn't prepare.

What I have found is that when going thru a tribulation/testing/persecution as all do to some extent as it is a part of our process for learning, I didn't know it was coming until it had already arrived. During the tribulation (not the great tribulation), I have discovered that God is right there with me, giving me whatever I needed. I didn't have to prepare. God upholds.

So, I worry about those who 'prepare' as they are relying on something in or about themselves, or physical preparations they have made to survive and not God. But then again, if they are true believers, God is there to uphold them.   

We'll know when the Tribulation comes, it's not something that will sneak up on those who are prepared. Jesus told His disciples to become ready. If He told them to then it seems logical that we should also. As far as relying on something in ourselves, we need to do what it necessary. When God protected the Israelites from the death angel, He told them to put the lambs blood on the door posts. God didn't put the blood on there they had to. God didn't carry each of the Israelites into the house they had to make sure they were in there themselves. God will take care of His people but that doesn't mean we sit back with our feet on a chair sipping Iced Tea while God takes care of things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

It is hard to read Mark 13 and maintain the pre-tribulational viewpoint.

I don't blame ya. Same goes for once saved always saved debate and many others. It's healthier just to walk away from the computerrrrr, and wise.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

It isn't worth fighting over but worth every Christian's time to research.

One thing to keep in mind is - What is the point of the tribulation?  Some Christian scholars and myself believe it is to push the Jews into a recognition of their messiah Jesus Christ 

Whatever the case- we can argue on the way up! :D

I am very comfortable with my pre-tribulation view after studying the different views for over 20 years.  Pre-tribbers stay ready and expectant of the Lord's return at any moment.  Thinking I got time to kill and can wait until the tribulation to get serious about Christ.  Well that'd be a dangerous way to live.

We should be ready always no matter the view.  Not more than a year ago my 46 year old brother in law had a heart attack and died on his way to work.  Nobody saw it coming and he left my sister and 2 small boys.  My little nephew cries himself to sleep every night.  Thank God my brother in law was ready and a committed Christian.  That's why I don't play around.

It won't make me lose faith if I've been wrong all along with my pre-trib view and go through the hell to come.  I don't hang my hat on Jesus sparing me from tribulations that Christians in other countries are going through THIS very moment.  The world hates Jesus and it hates us.  Many of us are just fortunate enough to live where we can freely be Christians.  If I lost my life because I am a Christian then so be it.  I hold that view now and will hold it forever.  It's how we are suppose to be- willing to not deny Christ no matter the situation.  Even if that situation means losing your head.

Everyone in this thread seems very committed to Christ despite their view.  As long as you are committed then nothing else matters.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Pre-tribbers stay ready and expectant of the Lord's return at any moment.  Thinking I got time to kill and can wait until the tribulation to get serious about Christ.  Well that'd be a dangerous way to live.

That thought process doesn't take into account of that 18 wheeler that could run you down in a heart beat, or those few who go from lightening strikes.   Truth be that chances are that we stand a really good chance of not being here long enough to make the rapture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone,

I never could understand why anyone would exhaust themselves trying to convince someone why they should interpret something as they do?I don't get it,never have...I would gladly discuss with someone why I believe what I do if they cared to know & gladly listen to their points of view because when discussing the written Word of God it gives Him glory....and He is worthy to be praised & glorified all the time....as long as a person is saved,then I don't mind if they see some things differently than I do...hey ,if I am alive on this earth & they are right about pre-trib rapture then how pleasantly surprised I will be as  I am taken up!If they are wrong I think they will hold fast to all they have faith in & God will get us through the trib.......If God is for us,who could be against us?

We are joined together by the unity of the faith in the knowledge of our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus......not whether or not  we all think alike!And I have to chuckle when how many years someone is studying the subject is always added to the conversation.....I have been studying a particular Scripture for almost half a century & only last week the Lord switched on the light for me.....we can study wrong for many years(lol)....I know women in the church for 60,70 years that still believe unless they confess their sins & repent everyday they will lose their salvation......Must I get a headache trying to convince them Christ was sacrificed  once for all?They are saved,God bless them......And God bless us all....just my little two cents!

With love in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

We are joined together by the unity of the faith in the knowledge of our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus......not whether or not  we all think alike!

You know, I have to agree with you.

Recently I've come to realise that what is important is this,,,

Psalms Chapter 31:

"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness .

2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.

3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

We can debate/discuss until the cows come home; but at the end of the day, when it's really at the end of the day,,,

what's important is that we will go home. 

Romans 8:38-39 ....38

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39:

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.