IGNORED

Who is with me? How much do you love God?

Guest man

Seems each thread you read a new position is offered....

2 Timothy 4

1. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

2. Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

4. and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I will agree that is definately not going to change :)

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I suspect the position comes from this verse in Revelation 13

1 And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea.

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

Daniel also had a dream regarding four beasts, and this is the interpretation regarding the fourth beast.

Daniel 7:23 "He gave me this explanation: " The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.

The seat of power the a/c will rise from is ten nations, but as you can see by the underlined section the whole earth will be affected, but you also see that saints will be oppressed and handed over as well and that gets overlooked as well by some. To clarify though that the a/c will have a global effect, refer back to Revelation 13.

13:3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

13:7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

Guest man

I suspect the position comes from this verse in Revelation 13

1 And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea.

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

Daniel also had a dream regarding four beasts, and this is the interpretation regarding the fourth beast.

Daniel 7:23 "He gave me this explanation: " The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.

The seat of power the a/c will rise from is ten nations, but as you can see by the underlined section the whole earth will be affected, but you also see that saints will be oppressed and handed over as well and that gets overlooked as well by some. To clarify though that the a/c will have a global effect, refer back to Revelation 13.

13:3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

13:7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

Good post. :thumbsup:

I will ask too, what makes you think it is worldwide.

I don't know, what do you think about rev 3:10, is that the trib? or something else? : 10‘Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

wingnut:

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

Yup. Plain as day right there I would think! :emot-nod:

You think the trib wont be worldwide?

You think the trib wont be worldwide?

I was just going to ask this also Jade......

Also I would like to know if he believes there is a difference in what most of us think we would have to go through that I would call the tribulation, and Gods Wrath. So to say one is the act of the beast, the other the direct acts of God.

What part of "the time of Jacob's trouble" don't ya'll understand. :)

Plenty, as to my experience with this topic. I see you have stopped debating this subject, as it is a waste of your time. You have stated a Truth, you know it, most others do too. But there is one crowd that will dispute with you to no end. Mark 4:9 Then Jesus said, "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear." Amen!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

I would consider it an honor and a privledge to die for God. I love God with all my heart!! I am so thankful that Jesus my Lord and Savior was sent here so that we could be reconcilled to God. Jesus gave his life, so that we could live. See John 3:16,17 That being said, scripture also tells us not to be afraid what man can do unto us. See Psalms 56:11. May God bless you all.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

My only concern with this thread is that those who may not believe a particular way about the tribulation may be considered less "on fire" for God?

For clarification I'm neither pre, mid, or post trib. I'm pro. I believe the Bible said it's going to happen and how that all works out is up to God. :thumbsup:

Side note I honestly think we as Christians spend way too much time on this topic that (like Armenianism Vs Calvinism) just seems to create more rifts than building bridges.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Side note I honestly think we as Christians spend way too much time on this topic that (like Armenianism Vs Calvinism) just seems to create more rifts than building bridges.

I believe 20 of the 66 books in the bible address the topic of end times prophecy, roughly a third, so it appears to me an important one. I've heard your sentiment by many folks over the years, and it always leaves me puzzled because of that. We are repeatedly instructed to be prepared, and I find the best way to do that is through study.

The bible is truth, and everything we need to know is found within its pages. I think it's important that we challenge any teaching that is contrary to scripture, iron sharpens iron.