Jonah's anger

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you for bringing Jonah in the story,as I was reading a little bit more about Jonah I learned that ihs experience portrays the past,present and future of the nation of Israel:

1. Intended to be a witness for God to the Gentiles.

2. Jealous that a message of grace should be extended to the Gentiles.

3. Thrown into the sea (Gentile world) and swallowed by the nations,yet not assimilated by them.

4.Cast upon dry land (restored to the land of Israel ) and make blessings to the nations.

God sent him to Nineveh to preach to the people to repent, Jonah feared that the Nineveh would repent and therefore be spared,Assyria was a very cruel nation.therefore he fled to Tarshish and was swallowed by a big fish , the miracle was not that the fish could swallow Jonah,but that he didn't digest Jonah, after his release he obeyed the Lord 's commssion and went to Nineveh,the city repented and was spared.----much to Jonah's displeasure!

The Lord used Jonah as a sign of His death ,burial and resurection(Matt 12:40;16:4

The book of Roman says 3:29 Is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the gentiles? Yes,of the gentiles also.

When Jonah was in the sea it resulted also of a boatload of Gentiles who were saved ,but when he was cast onto dry land it resulted in the salvation of a city.

Lesson learned God loves the world-not just the Jews but the gentiles as well.

It's never to late to accept Jesus in your heart and accept Him as your personal Savior ,the city of Nineveh is a exemple of God's grace,no matter how big our sins are, they are never to big for God to forgive because He loves the people of the World :)

We are still living in a time where God is pouring out His Spirit to forgive to whosoever will come to Him ,come before the time of grace is over!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Thank you for bringing Jonah in the story,as I was reading a little bit more about Jonah I learned that ihs experience portrays the past,present and future of the nation of Israel:

3. Thrown into the sea (Gentile world) and swallowed by the nations,yet not assimilated by them.

4.Cast upon dry land (restored to the land of Israel ) and make blessings to the nations.

God sent him to Nineveh to preach to the people to repent, Jonah feared that the Nineveh would repent and therefore be spared,Assyria was a very cruel nation.therefore he fled to Tarshish and was swallowed by a big fish , the miracle was not that the fish could swallow Jonah,but that he didn't digest Jonah, after his release he obeyed the Lord 's commssion and went to Nineveh,the city repented and was spared.----much to Jonah's displeasure!

The Lord used Jonah as a sign of His death ,burial and resurection(Matt 12:40;16:4

The book of Roman says 3:29 Is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the gentiles? Yes,of the gentiles also.

When Jonah was in the sea it resulted also of a boatload of Gentiles who were saved ,but when he was cast onto dry land it resulted in the salvation of a city.

It's never to late to accept Jesus in your heart and accept Him as your personal Savior ,the city of Nineveh is a exemple of God's grace,no matter how big our sins are, they are never to big for God to forgive because He loves the people of the World :)

We are still living in a time where God is pouring out His Spirit to forgive to whosoever will come to Him ,come before the time of grace is over!

Amen! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Interesting perspective, angels. Thank-you!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting

The first thing that sticks out at me is the first statement:

" Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me.”

Whatever GOD says, it's coming to past.

​Secondly, If we accept the reasoning that Jonah wanted GOD to wipe out Nineveh because God would use them as a rod against Israel, then Jonah would fit the image of Christ.

​He was willing to give/gave his life in order to save his people, Israel.

• 8 years later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Yes Jonah was jealous for the lord

he knew bad people took advantage of Gods grace let’s rewind

To 2nd kings

Jeroboam son of Jehoash king of Israel became king in Samaria, and he reigned forty-one years. He did evil in the eyes of the Lord and did not turn away from any of the sins of Jeroboam son of Nebat, which he had caused Israel to commit. He was the one who restored the boundaries of Israel from Lebo Hamath to the Dead Sea,[in accordance with the word of the Lord, the God of Israel, spoken through his servant Jonah son of Amittai, the prophet from Gath Hepher.

so the story is God spoke to Jonah and said go speak to the king and Jonah is thinking “ Thank God this wicked king is finally going to get what’s coming!!”

BUT God says tell him I’m going to bless him,  ??Jonah not happy at all goes to the king and says God will bless you

And the king is prosperous BUT he doesn’t get better he gets MORE EVIL ( the prophet Amos will eventually get sent and spells doom for the king)

So Jonah is mad, now flash forward God tells Jonah go to Nineveh and tell them repent or God destroys you 

Jonah is thinking o no! Not again I’m not letting bad people take advantage of God…. I’m running away

we know what happens, he ends up in Nineveh and they actually repent 

JONAH’s anger, he says to God 

see? See? I told you this would happen! I knew you would let them off the hook! ??

” I’m going to sit on this hill and watch them turn evil again”

so Jonah loved God he wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, but rather he was jealous for Gods mercy

He had seen king Jereboam take advantage of God and he knew God would show mercy again, I can’t blame him for being upset.. I too get upset when I see bad people taking advantage of Gods love ❤️ 

Thats my feelings on JONAH’S ANGER 

SHALOM♥️

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/22/2013 at 9:19 AM, angels4u said:

It's interesting as we maybe wondering why this and other events has happened and are recorded in the bible having a story to tell of prophetic things to come, things related to the promised Christ of God the Messiah. 

This story has something to do with the timing of how and when God will reach out to the Gentile world and an interesting point is made when the Gentiles in that city accepted the message and it was not the first time that this had happened.  

It also shows that God is reaching out to Gentile people inviting them in obedience to him outside the Law of Moses.  Not asking them to do any sacrifices for Atoning for their sins. 

Only asked them to repent.  

At the beginning we see the proposed of God to invite the Gentiles to repentance but at the same time God is not inviting to repentance in a way that shows that he has extended the Law of Moses or his intent to invite the Gentiles to repentance through the Law of Moses but rather in a new way that is not described in the Law of Moses as Moses was only a mediator between God and the people of Israel, the Israelites. Certainly Moses he did not invite the Gentiles to be part of the Nation of God but rather he pointed to someone God will sent to bring something new to people and invited the Israelites to joint to him, pointing that they too will have to follow the new Mediator between God and the whole world.

Moses was a Mediator between God and the Nation of Israel, and when Moses imediatly said to the Israelites that God will sent someone else from among you just as he has sent me to be a Mediator between you and God. We see Moses standing before God and between God and the people at the door in the Tent of the Testimony in the Tent where the Lord God was sealing the people from the presence of God but he being in the presence of God having something no one of them had being in the presence of God having the words of God his message to the people and lived, Moses lived in the presence of God and the people can see it when they pull back.

A Mediator between God and them. And God made him a Mediator when he said to Moses I will speak face to face. 

Moses pointed told the people in the Covenant of Sinai that God will sent to them another Mediator greater than him with something new which they did not have and get from him a new Covenant and him to follow including not to follow him because he too will follow him. 

So in the story of Jonah we reflect on the New Mediator between God and all the people of the world. 

Who before he bring the new Covenant or Testament of God to all the people of the world to be the light of the Gentiles had to first to be thrown into the sea of the dead by his own people and as we found out he was not destroyed by the author of death or kept as his price as one of his captives because he was in the Life from the beginning and at the time of his death and he was someone that he could not keep in his prison. 

And God raised from the sea of dead portrait of the great fish throwing back out to the Land and taking up his mission to preach the Gospel to the Rest of the world  

He was the  appointed one to be the light to the Gentiles not to give them the light of the Law to them as he did not called them repentance through the customs of the Law but in a new way and not before he died and coming back from the dead.

Jesus Christ referred to the events surrounding jonah for many reasons. 

That the light of God will shine upon the Gentiles or be given to the Gentiles after his death and his resurrection. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt