IGNORED

What does Scripture mean with the term "Lukewarm"?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I really liked Neb for your perspective. I think understanding the context of the passage and understanding what the church it was written to is important. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

Someone who is said to be a "cold" christian is teachable, but perfers not to know anymore. They believe in God, they have confessed HIM as Lord and Savior of their life, repenting while confessing and that is enough for them. We can only be held accountable for what we know.

Someone who is said to be a "lukewarm" christian is perfect all ready. They don't have any issues. It is everyone else that is "wrong". They are self righteous, high minded, double minded (two faced), decietful, backbiting, gossips, hateful, and will not except anyone that will not be [converted] to their way of doing things. They are teachable, however, the one, sent in to them, will suffer judgments, being condemned by them, persecution, and will most likely be thrown out and asked to never come back.

Someone who is said to be a "hot" christian is on fire for God. They have no respector of persons. They regardest no man. Each is veiwed as the spirit in which one carries. Either you have a negative, hateful spirit, which is not the righteousness of God. Or, a loving, kind, Spirit in the righteousness of God. These don't mind drawing the sword of the Word to line you back up, if they see you are walking wrong but you profess to be something your fruits say you are not. Yeah, a person may get mad at you for telling them the truth. I had rather they get mad at me and live, rather than say nothing and they continue to die.

Jesus continued to lay down his life for the church. He loved them more than he loved himself. He continued showing them themselves, but they wasn't the problem, Jesus was the problem. That jealousy, envy, hatrad, bitter, bickbiting, they had wasn't unrighteous. They would stone him, drag him out of the church at times. He was sent by God, and they refused to recieve him. They were perfect. Who is this coming in 'my' church calling me a hypocrite? Who does he think he is? Does HE not know who I am? Yes, HE knew you, and continues to show us who we are. Yesterday, today and forever.

Have you got the right spirit?

God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I remember my pastor explaining the meaning of a Lukewarm Christian. He said that the cold Christian lives more according to the world, the Lukewarm Christian is partially carnal customizing his Christian beliefs to accommodate his worldly views/desires, and that the Christian who is on fire is living and directed by the Holy Spirit and lives his life to serve God and God only.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:amen:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

cold christian;

.......new born babe, no understanding yet, but seeking

luke warm christian;

.......saved, perhaps bound by the law, knows the Word, but doesn't do it

hot christian;

.......blood bought, Holy Ghost taught, redeemed, justified, sactified, sealed, been made free

God bless

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1980

From the answers given in this thread, we are all lukewarm. Everyone who attempted to answer the question, with the exception of nebula, has stated that anyone who disagrees with another is lukewarm. It seems as though the requirement is that any "know-it-all" is a lukewarm Christian and when it comes to religious dogma, "know-it-alls" are a dime a dozen if not less.

Don't forget the rest of the message...Jesus said, "I was hungry and you gave me meat". I often give "spare change" or food to the homeless and pray for them, but I will not step foot inside a church. Does this make me lukewarm because one deed is hot and the other cold?

Nay, trust in the Lord and unwavering faith is on fire and HOT HOT HOT I say, and regardless of what other Christians do, I love God and I hunger and thirst after righteousness. I beg the Lord to return to us soon and I love the comforting embrace of the Lord. His forgiveness and guidance. I care nothing of the world and you choose your path, I will choose mine. I am cold and hot and lukewarm and the Lord loves me.

Talk to Him...does He shun you? If not, He loves you and you should count that as a blessing.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Lukewarm would seem to me as indifferent. They which are rich in this worlds goods, and having need of nothing (in respects to themselves alone) but whose bowels of compassion are not open to others needs. So he is as one who maketh himself rich who has nothing (therefore poor) whereas another maketh themselves poor and yet have great riches, being rich in both faith and good works.

Theres two ways we can store up for ourselves also, one, is to store up (selfishly) treasures on earth (for ourselves) and the other is to store up (unselfishly) treasure in heaven  giving to the poor. The first may increase in goods (thus make himself rich) but here on earth, but does not realize how poor one is in this attitude (even though this one has need of nothing).

Ecc 5:13 There is a sore evil which I have seen under the sun, namely, riches kept for the owners thereof to their hurt.

Prov 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

So again...

Prov 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.

Speaks the same here

2Cr 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Whereas to another he knew their poverty and yet declared how rich they truly were, because godliness with contentment is great gain

Theres a bunch of scriptures and scenarios on this. Like increasing in goods and building bigger barns for oneself, storing up riches for oneself and not being rich towards God. And he that gives to the poor lends to the Lord. Shutting ones bowels of compassion up towards the needs of other declares how poor we are spiritually speaking. And sure things can be done without charity but the rich are commanded to be willing to distribute laying up a good foundation against the time to come.