IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Alan Hales.

Mankind is a body that breathes. That's what a "soul" is, because that's what a "nefesh" is; it's a body that breathes. The "spirit" is a person's breath, and in particular, it's a person's blowing like the wind, a "ruwach."

Breeshiyt 2:7 (JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH)

7 Vayiytser YHWH Elohiym et haa'aadaam `aafaar min haa'adaamaah vayipach b'apaayow nishmat hayiym vayhiy haa'aadaam l-nefesh chayaah:

7 Vayiytser = 7 And-formed
YHWH = YHWH/the LORD
Elohiym = God
et = (the following word is the direct object)
haa'aadaam = the-red-(man)
`aafaar = of-dust
min = from
haa'adaamaah = the-red-(ground)
vayipach = and-he-puffed
b'apaayow = in-his-nostrils
nishmat = a-puff
hayiym = of-life
vayhiy = and-became
haa'aadaam = the-red-(man)
l-nefesh = to-an-air-breather
chayaah: = living:

You're spouting a theological premise without consulting the actual Hebrew text of the Torah, and the Greek is simply based upon the Hebrew.

Greek: sooma (spelled sigma-omega-mu-alpha) = Hebrew: gviyaah (spelled gimmel-shva-vet-chireq-yod-qamets-hei)
Proof: 
Greek: psuchee (spelled psi-upsilon-chi-eta) = Hebrew: nefesh (spelled nun-segol-phei-segol-shiyn)
Greek: pneuma (spelled pi-nu-epsilon-upsilon-mu-alpha) = Hebrew: ruwach (spelled reish-shureq-vav-patach-chet)

Use the Scriptures to define the words; don't use your definitions of the words to interpret the Scriptures.

Furthermore, you know NOTHING about "sh'owl" or "hadees." Again, you base what you think you know upon theological FICTION!

Actually, 2 parts (both non-living) = 1 part (living): body + wind (breath) = air-breathing body.

I see you are still sprouting your nonsense. See these facts AGAIN, And stop your nonsense.

Mankind is Spirit, [Greek], "Pneuma", Soul, [Mind will and emotions], [Greek], "Psuche" and Body, [Greek], Soma", 1 Thess 5: 23. Jesus is a typical example, He commended His Spirit, "Pneuma" to the Father, Lk 23: 46. His Body, "Soma" was in the tomb. Matt 27: 57--60. 

And His soul, "Psuche" was in Hell, [Hades]. Three different Greek words, Three different parts of mankind.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,585
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 10/4/2018 at 4:00 AM, Alan Hales said:

I see you are still sprouting your nonsense. See these facts AGAIN, And stop your nonsense.

Mankind is Spirit, [Greek], "Pneuma", Soul, [Mind will and emotions], [Greek], "Psuche" and Body, [Greek], Soma", 1 Thess 5: 23. Jesus is a typical example, He commended His Spirit, "Pneuma" to the Father, Lk 23: 46. His Body, "Soma" was in the tomb. Matt 27: 57--60. 

And His soul, "Psuche" was in Hell, [Hades]. Three different Greek words, Three different parts of mankind.

Shalom, Alan.

Sorry, but this is not "nonsense." I have looked at your facts again, and they still come up short.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-24 (KJV)

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. 15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

This passage tells us that there ARE three things, "spirit," "soul," and "body," but it doesn't say anything about their relationship to the person or to each other, nor does it define these words. The key words here are the words "sanctify," "wholly," and "blameless."

First, "sanctify," the Greek word "hagiasai," means "may set [you] apart by making [you] clean." It does not mean "may make you righteous," as many imagine it does and will frequently suggest.

Second, the word "wholly," the Greek word "holoteleis," means "completely."

Third, the word "blameless," the Greek word "amemptoos," means "blamelessly" or "without blame."

It's not possible, given the length of time it's been already, "to preserve the body unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." HOWEVER, it IS possible to preserve it "BLAMELESSLY" until He comes. The same is true for our attitudes seen in our words (our "spirits") and our lives (our "souls").

Luke 23:44-49 (KJV)

44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. 46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. 47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man. 48 And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned. 49 And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things.

Kata Lukas 23:46 (UBS Greek New Testament)

46 Kai fooneesas foonee megalee ho Ieesous eipen Pater, eis cheiras sou paratithemai to pneuma mou. Touto de eipoon exepneusen.

46 Kai = 46 And
fooneesas = he-cried-out
foonee = (with)-a-voice
megalee = loud
ho = the
Ieesous = "YAY-soos" or Yeshua`; "Jesus"
eipen = saying,

Pater, = Father,
eis = into
cheiras = hands
sou = of-you; your
paratithemai =  I-put-beside; I-bring-forward; I-serve; I-deposit-with; I-entrust-to; I-quote-as-evidence
to = the
pneuma = "spirit"; wind; breath
mou. = of-me; my

Touto = This
de = but
eipoon = having-said
exepneusen. = he-expired; literally, he-"out-breathed."

He EXpired, from the Latin "EX" meaning "OUT" and "spiro" meaning "breathe"; he "BREATHED HIS LAST BREATH OUT to breathe no more (until His Resurrection, that is)! And, He gave His last breath back to God who gave it; entrusting Him with that breath. "ENtrust" comes from the Latin "EN" meaning "IN" and "trust." He put His trust IN GOD'S hands, His Father's hands, to watch over His breath and renew it to Him when it was time to do so.

Matthew 27: 57-60 (KJV)

57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: 58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. 59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

Yes, but one must realize that, like Adam, Yeshua` WAS IS "His body!" That WAS YESHUAthey laid in the tomb, not just "His body!"

First, look at Adam:

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

7 And the LORD God formed man (Hebrew: haa'aadaam = "the red-[man]" from which we get his name, "Adam," not the "body of a man") of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Hebrew: nefesh = "air-breathing-creature" from naafash = "to-breathe").

Now, look at Yeshua`:

John 1:1-3, 14-17 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

14 And the Word was made flesh (not "given a body of flesh"), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten [Greek: monogenous = "of-a-one-and-only-offspring"] of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (Yeshua` the Messiah).

This is significant! The word BECAME flesh, who was named "Yeshua`" the Messiah, as promised to David, the "one and only offspring" of God Himself, His Father. God said to David,

2 Samuel 7:12-16 (KJV, purple for God's words)

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity (Hebrew: bha`avotow = "in-the-twisting-of-him"), I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men (Isaiah 53:5): 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

And, Gavri'el (Gabriel) said,

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So, Yeshua` WAS (and still IS) His "air-breathing creature" = His "nefesh" = His "psuchee" = His "soul!" Therefore, Yeshua` couldn't go to what you call "Hell [Hades]," that is theologically defined as "a place regarded in various religions as a spiritual realm of evil and suffering, often traditionally depicted as a place of perpetual fire beneath the earth where the wicked are punished after death." He went to "sh'owl" (Hebrew) = the place "asked about," "hadees" (Greek) = the "unseen" = the "UNKNOWN." The concept of an "underground retreat" is a Greek influence on that word, based on their god "Hades" and the mythology surrounding him. While Acts 2:27 quotes from Psalm 16:10 and the word "hadees" was used to translate the word "sh'owl," that does NOT mean that "sh'owl" was an "underground retreat!"

Here's the occurrences of "sh'owl" and their interpretation in the King James Version of the Bible:

Genesis 37:35 
HEB: בְּנִ֛י אָבֵ֖ל שְׁאֹ֑לָה וַיֵּ֥בְךְּ אֹת֖וֹ
KJV: For I will go down into the grave unto my son

Genesis 42:38 
HEB: שֵׂיבָתִ֛י בְּיָג֖וֹן שְׁאֽוֹלָה׃ 
KJV: with sorrow to the grave.

Genesis 44:29 
HEB: שֵׂיבָתִ֛י בְּרָעָ֖ה שְׁאֹֽלָה׃ 

Genesis 44:31 
HEB: אָבִ֛ינוּ בְּיָג֖וֹן שְׁאֹֽלָה׃ 
KJV: our father with sorrow to the grave.

Numbers 16:30 
HEB: וְיָרְד֥וּ חַיִּ֖ים שְׁאֹ֑לָה וִֽידַעְתֶּ֕ם כִּ֧י
KJV: quick into the pit; then ye shall understand

Numbers 16:33 
HEB: לָהֶ֛ם חַיִּ֖ים שְׁאֹ֑לָה וַתְּכַ֤ס עֲלֵיהֶם֙
KJV: alive into the pit, and the earth

Deuteronomy 32:22 
HEB: וַתִּיקַ֖ד עַד־ שְׁא֣וֹל תַּחְתִּ֑ית וַתֹּ֤אכַל
KJV: unto the lowest hell, and shall consume

1 Samuel 2:6 
HEB: וּמְחַיֶּ֑ה מוֹרִ֥יד שְׁא֖וֹל וַיָּֽעַל׃ 
KJV: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

2 Samuel 22:6 
HEB: חֶבְלֵ֥י שְׁא֖וֹל סַבֻּ֑נִי קִדְּמֻ֖נִי
KJV: The sorrows of hell compassed me about;

1 Kings 2:6 
HEB: שֵׂיבָת֛וֹ בְּשָׁלֹ֖ם שְׁאֹֽל׃ ס 
KJV: go down to the grave in peace.

1 Kings 2:9 
HEB: שֵׂיבָת֛וֹ בְּדָ֖ם שְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: bring thou down to the grave with blood.

Job 7:9 
HEB: כֵּ֥ן יוֹרֵ֥ד שְׁ֝א֗וֹל לֹ֣א יַעֲלֶֽה׃
KJV: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up

Job 11:8 
HEB: תִּפְעָ֑ל עֲמֻקָּ֥ה מִ֝שְּׁא֗וֹל מַה־ תֵּדָֽע׃
KJV: deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

Job 14:13 
HEB: מִ֤י יִתֵּ֨ן ׀ בִּשְׁא֬וֹל תַּצְפִּנֵ֗נִי תַּ֭סְתִּירֵנִי
KJV: thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret,

Job 17:13 
HEB: אִם־ אֲ֭קַוֶּה שְׁא֣וֹל בֵּיתִ֑י בַּ֝חֹ֗שֶׁךְ
KJV: If I wait, the grave [is] mine house:

Job 17:16 
HEB: בַּדֵּ֣י שְׁאֹ֣ל תֵּרַ֑דְנָה אִם־
KJV: to the bars of the pit, when [our] rest

Job 21:13 
HEB: יְמֵיהֶ֑ם וּ֝בְרֶ֗גַע שְׁא֣וֹל יֵחָֽתּוּ׃ 
KJV: and in a moment go down to the grave.

Job 24:19 
HEB: מֵֽימֵי־ שֶׁ֗לֶג שְׁא֣וֹל חָטָֽאוּ׃ 
KJV: waters: [so doth] the grave [those which] have sinned.

Job 26:6 
HEB: עָר֣וֹם שְׁא֣וֹל נֶגְדּ֑וֹ וְאֵ֥ין
KJV: Hell [is] naked

Psalm 6:5 
HEB: בַּמָּ֣וֶת זִכְרֶ֑ךָ בִּ֝שְׁא֗וֹל מִ֣י יֽוֹדֶה־
KJV: [there is] no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalm 9:17 
HEB: יָשׁ֣וּבוּ רְשָׁעִ֣ים לִשְׁא֑וֹלָה כָּל־ גּ֝וֹיִ֗ם
KJV: shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations

Psalm 16:10 
HEB: תַעֲזֹ֣ב נַפְשִׁ֣י לִשְׁא֑וֹל לֹֽא־ תִתֵּ֥ן
KJV: my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer

Psalm 18:5 
HEB: חֶבְלֵ֣י שְׁא֣וֹל סְבָב֑וּנִי קִ֝דְּמ֗וּנִי
KJV: The sorrows of hell compassed me about:

Psalm 30:3 
HEB: הֶֽעֱלִ֣יתָ מִן־ שְׁא֣וֹל נַפְשִׁ֑י חִ֝יִּיתַ֗נִי
KJV: my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive,

Psalm 31:17 
HEB: רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים יִדְּמ֥וּ לִשְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: [and] let them be silent in the grave.

Psalm 49:14 
HEB: כַּצֹּ֤אן ׀ לִֽשְׁא֣וֹל שַׁתּוּ֮ מָ֤וֶת
KJV: they are laid in the grave; death

HEB: ק) לְבַלּ֥וֹת שְׁא֗וֹל מִזְּבֻ֥ל לֽוֹ׃
KJV: shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

Psalm 49:15 
HEB: נַ֭פְשִׁי מִֽיַּד־ שְׁא֑וֹל כִּ֖י יִקָּחֵ֣נִי
KJV: from the power of the grave: for he shall receive

Psalm 55:15 
HEB: עָלֵ֗ימוֹ יֵרְד֣וּ שְׁא֣וֹל חַיִּ֑ים כִּֽי־
KJV: quick into hell: for wickedness

Psalm 86:13 
HEB: וְהִצַּ֥לְתָּ נַ֝פְשִׁ֗י מִשְּׁא֥וֹל תַּחְתִּיָּֽה׃ 
KJV: my soul from the lowest hell.

Psalm 88:3 
HEB: נַפְשִׁ֑י וְחַיַּ֗י לִשְׁא֥וֹל הִגִּֽיעוּ׃ 
KJV: draweth nigh unto the grave.

Psalm 89:48 
HEB: נַפְשׁ֖וֹ מִיַּד־ שְׁא֣וֹל סֶֽלָה׃ 
KJV: from the hand of the grave? Selah.

Psalm 116:3 
HEB: מָ֗וֶת וּמְצָרֵ֣י שְׁא֣וֹל מְצָא֑וּנִי צָרָ֖ה
KJV: me, and the pains of hell gat hold

Psalm 139:8 
HEB: אָ֑תָּה וְאַצִּ֖יעָה שְּׁא֣וֹל הִנֶּֽךָּ׃ 
KJV: thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

Psalm 141:7 
HEB: עֲ֝צָמֵ֗ינוּ לְפִ֣י שְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: are scattered at the grave's mouth,

Proverbs 1:12 
HEB: נִ֭בְלָעֵם כִּשְׁא֣וֹל חַיִּ֑ים וּ֝תְמִימִ֗ים
KJV: alive as the grave; and whole,

Proverbs 5:5 
HEB: יֹרְד֣וֹת מָ֑וֶת שְׁ֝א֗וֹל צְעָדֶ֥יהָ יִתְמֹֽכוּ׃
KJV: her steps take hold on hell.

Proverbs 7:27 
HEB: דַּרְכֵ֣י שְׁא֣וֹל בֵּיתָ֑הּ יֹ֝רְד֗וֹת
KJV: [is] the way to hell, going down

Proverbs 9:18 
HEB: שָׁ֑ם בְּעִמְקֵ֖י שְׁא֣וֹל קְרֻאֶֽיהָ׃ פ
KJV: [are] in the depths of hell.

Proverbs 15:11 
HEB: שְׁא֣וֹל וַ֭אֲבַדּוֹן נֶ֣גֶד
KJV: Hell and destruction

Proverbs 15:24 
HEB: לְמַ֥עַן ס֝֗וּר מִשְּׁא֥וֹל מָֽטָּה׃ 
KJV: that he may depart from hell beneath.

Proverbs 23:14 
HEB: תַּכֶּ֑נּוּ וְ֝נַפְשׁ֗וֹ מִשְּׁא֥וֹל תַּצִּֽיל׃ 
KJV: and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Proverbs 27:20 
HEB: שְׁא֣וֹל [וַאֲבַדֹּה כ]
KJV: Hell and destruction are never

Proverbs 30:16 
HEB: שְׁאוֹל֮ וְעֹ֪צֶ֫ר רָ֥חַם
KJV: The grave; and the barren womb;

Ecclesiastes 9:10 
HEB: וְדַ֣עַת וְחָכְמָ֔ה בִּשְׁא֕וֹל אֲשֶׁ֥ר אַתָּ֖ה
KJV: nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Songs 8:6 
HEB: אַהֲבָ֔ה קָשָׁ֥ה כִשְׁא֖וֹל קִנְאָ֑ה רְשָׁפֶ֕יהָ
KJV: [is] cruel as the grave: the coals

Isaiah 5:14 
HEB: לָכֵ֗ן הִרְחִ֤יבָה שְּׁאוֹל֙ נַפְשָׁ֔הּ וּפָעֲרָ֥ה
KJV: Therefore hell hath enlarged herself,

Isaiah 7:11 
HEB: אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ הַעְמֵ֣ק שְׁאָ֔לָה א֖וֹ הַגְבֵּ֥הַּ
NAS: make [it] deep as Sheol or

Isaiah 14:9 
HEB: שְׁא֗וֹל מִתַּ֛חַת רָגְזָ֥ה
KJV: Hell from beneath is moved

Isaiah 14:11 
HEB: הוּרַ֥ד שְׁא֛וֹל גְּאוֹנֶ֖ךָ הֶמְיַ֣ת
KJV: is brought down to the grave, [and] the noise

Isaiah 14:15 
HEB: אַ֧ךְ אֶל־ שְׁא֛וֹל תּוּרָ֖ד אֶל־
KJV: Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides

Isaiah 28:15 
HEB: מָ֔וֶת וְעִם־ שְׁא֖וֹל עָשִׂ֣ינוּ חֹזֶ֑ה
KJV: with death, and with hell are we

Isaiah 28:18 
HEB: וְחָזוּתְכֶ֥ם אֶת־ שְׁא֖וֹל לֹ֣א תָק֑וּם
KJV: and your agreement with hell shall not stand;

Isaiah 38:10 
HEB: אֵלֵ֖כָה בְּשַׁעֲרֵ֣י שְׁא֑וֹל פֻּקַּ֖דְתִּי יֶ֥תֶר
KJV: to the gates of the grave: I am deprived

Isaiah 38:18 
HEB: כִּ֣י לֹ֥א שְׁא֛וֹל תּוֹדֶ֖ךָּ מָ֣וֶת
KJV: For the grave cannot praise

Isaiah 57:9 
HEB: וַתַּשְׁפִּ֖ילִי עַד־ שְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: and didst debase [thyself even] unto hell.

Ezekiel 31:15 
HEB: בְּי֨וֹם רִדְתּ֤וֹ שְׁא֙וֹלָה֙ הֶאֱבַ֜לְתִּי כִּסֵּ֤תִי
KJV: when he went down to the grave I caused a mourning:

Ezekiel 31:16 
HEB: בְּהוֹרִדִ֥י אֹת֛וֹ שְׁא֖וֹלָה אֶת־ י֣וֹרְדֵי
KJV: when I cast him down to hell with them that descend

Ezekiel 31:17 
HEB: אִתּ֛וֹ יָרְד֥וּ שְׁא֖וֹלָה אֶל־ חַלְלֵי־
KJV: They also went down into hell with him unto [them that be] slain

Ezekiel 32:21 
HEB: גִבּוֹרִ֛ים מִתּ֥וֹךְ שְׁא֖וֹל אֶת־ עֹֽזְרָ֑יו
KJV: to him out of the midst of hell with them that help

Ezekiel 32:27 
HEB: אֲשֶׁ֣ר יָרְדֽוּ־ שְׁא֣וֹל בִּכְלֵֽי־ מִלְחַמְתָּם֩
KJV: which are gone down to hell with their weapons

Hosea 13:14 
HEB: מִיַּ֤ד שְׁאוֹל֙ אֶפְדֵּ֔ם מִמָּ֖וֶת
KJV: them from the power of the grave; I will redeem

HEB: אֱהִ֤י קָֽטָבְךָ֙ שְׁא֔וֹל נֹ֖חַם יִסָּתֵ֥ר
KJV: be thy plagues; O grave, I will

Amos 9:2 
HEB: אִם־ יַחְתְּר֣וּ בִשְׁא֔וֹל מִשָּׁ֖ם יָדִ֣י
KJV: Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand

Jonah 2:2 
HEB: וַֽיַּעֲנֵ֑נִי מִבֶּ֧טֶן שְׁא֛וֹל שִׁוַּ֖עְתִּי שָׁמַ֥עְתָּ
KJV: me; out of the belly of hell cried

Habakkuk 2:5 
HEB: אֲשֶׁר֩ הִרְחִ֨יב כִּשְׁא֜וֹל נַפְשׁ֗וֹ וְה֤וּא
KJV: his desire as hell, and [is] as death,

Sixty-six times the word was used and it was translated "grave" for the KJV just about as often as it was translated as "hell." That's NOT a mistake!

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Alan.

Sorry, but this is not "nonsense." I have looked at your facts again, and they still come up short.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-24 (KJV)

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. 15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

This passage tells us that there ARE three things, "spirit," "soul," and "body," but it doesn't say anything about their relationship to the person or to each other, nor does it define these words. The key words here are the words "sanctify," "wholly," and "blameless."

First, "sanctify," the Greek word "hagiasai," means "may set [you] apart by making [you] clean." It does not mean "may make you righteous," as many imagine it does and will frequently suggest.

Second, the word "wholly," the Greek word "holoteleis," means "completely."

Third, the word "blameless," the Greek word "amemptoos," means "blamelessly" or "without blame."

It's not possible, given the length of time it's been already, "to preserve the body unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." HOWEVER, it IS possible to preserve it "BLAMELESSLY" until He comes. The same is true for our attitudes seen in our words (our "spirits") and our lives (our "souls").

Luke 23:44-49 (KJV)

44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. 46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. 47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man. 48 And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned. 49 And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things.

Kata Lukas 23:46 (UBS Greek New Testament)

46 Kai fooneesas foonee megalee ho Ieesous eipen Pater, eis cheiras sou paratithemai to pneuma mou. Touto de eipoon exepneusen.

46 Kai = 46 And
fooneesas = he-cried-out
foonee = (with)-a-voice
megalee = loud
ho = the
Ieesous = "YAY-soos" or Yeshua`; "Jesus"
eipen = saying,

Pater, = Father,
eis = into
cheiras = hands
sou = of-you; your
paratithemai =  I-put-beside; I-bring-forward; I-serve; I-deposit-with; I-entrust-to; I-quote-as-evidence
to = the
pneuma = "spirit"; wind; breath
mou. = of-me; my

Touto = This
de = but
eipoon = having-said
exepneusen. = he-expired; literally, he-"out-breathed."

He EXpired, from the Latin "EX" meaning "OUT" and "spiro" meaning "breathe"; he "BREATHED HIS LAST BREATH OUT to breathe no more (until His Resurrection, that is)! And, He gave His last breath back to God who gave it; entrusting Him with that breath. "ENtrust" comes from the Latin "EN" meaning "IN" and "trust." He put His trust IN GOD'S hands, His Father's hands, to watch over His breath and renew it to Him when it was time to do so.

Matthew 27: 57-60 (KJV)

57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: 58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. 59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

Yes, but one must realize that, like Adam, Yeshua` WAS IS "His body!" That WAS YESHUAthey laid in the tomb, not just "His body!"

First, look at Adam:

7 And the LORD God formed man (Hebrew: haa'aadaam = "the red-[man]" from which we get his name, "Adam," not the "body of a man") of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Hebrew: nefesh = "air-breathing-creature" from naafash = "to-breathe").

Now, look at Yeshua`:

John 1:1-3, 14-17 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

14 And the Word was made flesh (not "given a body of flesh"), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten [Greek: monogenous = "of-a-one-and-only-offspring"] of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (Yeshua` the Messiah).

This is significant! The word BECAME flesh, who was named "Yeshua`" the Messiah, as promised to David, the "one and only offspring" of God Himself, His Father. God said to David,

2 Samuel 7:12-16 (KJV, purple for God's words)

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity (Hebrew: bha`avotow = "in-the-twisting-of-him"), I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men (Isaiah 53:5): 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

And, Gavri'el (Gabriel) said,

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So, Yeshua` WAS (and still IS) His "air-breathing creature" = His "nefesh" = His "psuchee" = His "soul!" Therefore, Yeshua` couldn't go to what you call "Hell [Hades]," that is theologically defined as "a place regarded in various religions as a spiritual realm of evil and suffering, often traditionally depicted as a place of perpetual fire beneath the earth where the wicked are punished after death." He went to "sh'owl" (Hebrew) = the place "asked about," "hadees" (Greek) = the "unseen" = the "UNKNOWN." The concept of an "underground retreat" is a Greek influence on that word, based on their god "Hades" and the mythology surrounding him. While Acts 2:27 quotes from Psalm 16:10 and the word "hadees" was used to translate the word "sh'owl," that does NOT mean that "sh'owl" was an "underground retreat!"

Here's the occurrences of "sh'owl" and their interpretation in the King James Version of the Bible:

Genesis 37:35 
HEB: בְּנִ֛י אָבֵ֖ל שְׁאֹ֑לָה וַיֵּ֥בְךְּ אֹת֖וֹ
KJV: For I will go down into the grave unto my son

Genesis 42:38 
HEB: שֵׂיבָתִ֛י בְּיָג֖וֹן שְׁאֽוֹלָה׃ 

Genesis 44:29 
HEB: שֵׂיבָתִ֛י בְּרָעָ֖ה שְׁאֹֽלָה׃ 

Genesis 44:31 
HEB: אָבִ֛ינוּ בְּיָג֖וֹן שְׁאֹֽלָה׃ 
KJV: our father with sorrow to the grave.

Numbers 16:30 
HEB: וְיָרְד֥וּ חַיִּ֖ים שְׁאֹ֑לָה וִֽידַעְתֶּ֕ם כִּ֧י
KJV: quick into the pit; then ye shall understand

Numbers 16:33 
HEB: לָהֶ֛ם חַיִּ֖ים שְׁאֹ֑לָה וַתְּכַ֤ס עֲלֵיהֶם֙
KJV: alive into the pit, and the earth

Deuteronomy 32:22 
HEB: וַתִּיקַ֖ד עַד־ שְׁא֣וֹל תַּחְתִּ֑ית וַתֹּ֤אכַל
KJV: unto the lowest hell, and shall consume

1 Samuel 2:6 
HEB: וּמְחַיֶּ֑ה מוֹרִ֥יד שְׁא֖וֹל וַיָּֽעַל׃ 
KJV: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

2 Samuel 22:6 
HEB: חֶבְלֵ֥י שְׁא֖וֹל סַבֻּ֑נִי קִדְּמֻ֖נִי
KJV: The sorrows of hell compassed me about;

1 Kings 2:6 
HEB: שֵׂיבָת֛וֹ בְּשָׁלֹ֖ם שְׁאֹֽל׃ ס 
KJV: go down to the grave in peace.

1 Kings 2:9 
HEB: שֵׂיבָת֛וֹ בְּדָ֖ם שְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: bring thou down to the grave with blood.

Job 7:9 
HEB: כֵּ֥ן יוֹרֵ֥ד שְׁ֝א֗וֹל לֹ֣א יַעֲלֶֽה׃
KJV: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up

Job 11:8 
HEB: תִּפְעָ֑ל עֲמֻקָּ֥ה מִ֝שְּׁא֗וֹל מַה־ תֵּדָֽע׃
KJV: deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

Job 14:13 
HEB: מִ֤י יִתֵּ֨ן ׀ בִּשְׁא֬וֹל תַּצְפִּנֵ֗נִי תַּ֭סְתִּירֵנִי
KJV: thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret,

Job 17:13 
HEB: אִם־ אֲ֭קַוֶּה שְׁא֣וֹל בֵּיתִ֑י בַּ֝חֹ֗שֶׁךְ
KJV: If I wait, the grave [is] mine house:

Job 17:16 
HEB: בַּדֵּ֣י שְׁאֹ֣ל תֵּרַ֑דְנָה אִם־
KJV: to the bars of the pit, when [our] rest

Job 21:13 
HEB: יְמֵיהֶ֑ם וּ֝בְרֶ֗גַע שְׁא֣וֹל יֵחָֽתּוּ׃ 
KJV: and in a moment go down to the grave.

Job 24:19 
HEB: מֵֽימֵי־ שֶׁ֗לֶג שְׁא֣וֹל חָטָֽאוּ׃ 
KJV: waters: [so doth] the grave [those which] have sinned.

Job 26:6 
HEB: עָר֣וֹם שְׁא֣וֹל נֶגְדּ֑וֹ וְאֵ֥ין
KJV: Hell [is] naked

Psalm 6:5 
HEB: בַּמָּ֣וֶת זִכְרֶ֑ךָ בִּ֝שְׁא֗וֹל מִ֣י יֽוֹדֶה־
KJV: [there is] no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalm 9:17 
HEB: יָשׁ֣וּבוּ רְשָׁעִ֣ים לִשְׁא֑וֹלָה כָּל־ גּ֝וֹיִ֗ם
KJV: shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations

Psalm 16:10 
HEB: תַעֲזֹ֣ב נַפְשִׁ֣י לִשְׁא֑וֹל לֹֽא־ תִתֵּ֥ן
KJV: my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer

Psalm 18:5 
HEB: חֶבְלֵ֣י שְׁא֣וֹל סְבָב֑וּנִי קִ֝דְּמ֗וּנִי
KJV: The sorrows of hell compassed me about:

Psalm 30:3 
HEB: הֶֽעֱלִ֣יתָ מִן־ שְׁא֣וֹל נַפְשִׁ֑י חִ֝יִּיתַ֗נִי
KJV: my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive,

Psalm 31:17 
HEB: רְ֝שָׁעִ֗ים יִדְּמ֥וּ לִשְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: [and] let them be silent in the grave.

HEB: כַּצֹּ֤אן ׀ לִֽשְׁא֣וֹל שַׁתּוּ֮ מָ֤וֶת
KJV: they are laid in the grave; death

HEB: ק) לְבַלּ֥וֹת שְׁא֗וֹל מִזְּבֻ֥ל לֽוֹ׃
KJV: shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

Psalm 49:15 
HEB: נַ֭פְשִׁי מִֽיַּד־ שְׁא֑וֹל כִּ֖י יִקָּחֵ֣נִי
KJV: from the power of the grave: for he shall receive

Psalm 55:15 
HEB: עָלֵ֗ימוֹ יֵרְד֣וּ שְׁא֣וֹל חַיִּ֑ים כִּֽי־
KJV: quick into hell: for wickedness

Psalm 86:13 
HEB: וְהִצַּ֥לְתָּ נַ֝פְשִׁ֗י מִשְּׁא֥וֹל תַּחְתִּיָּֽה׃ 
KJV: my soul from the lowest hell.

Psalm 88:3 
HEB: נַפְשִׁ֑י וְחַיַּ֗י לִשְׁא֥וֹל הִגִּֽיעוּ׃ 
KJV: draweth nigh unto the grave.

Psalm 89:48 
HEB: נַפְשׁ֖וֹ מִיַּד־ שְׁא֣וֹל סֶֽלָה׃ 
KJV: from the hand of the grave? Selah.

Psalm 116:3 
HEB: מָ֗וֶת וּמְצָרֵ֣י שְׁא֣וֹל מְצָא֑וּנִי צָרָ֖ה
KJV: me, and the pains of hell gat hold

Psalm 139:8 
HEB: אָ֑תָּה וְאַצִּ֖יעָה שְּׁא֣וֹל הִנֶּֽךָּ׃ 
KJV: thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

Psalm 141:7 
HEB: עֲ֝צָמֵ֗ינוּ לְפִ֣י שְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: are scattered at the grave's mouth,

Proverbs 1:12 
HEB: נִ֭בְלָעֵם כִּשְׁא֣וֹל חַיִּ֑ים וּ֝תְמִימִ֗ים
KJV: alive as the grave; and whole,

Proverbs 5:5 
HEB: יֹרְד֣וֹת מָ֑וֶת שְׁ֝א֗וֹל צְעָדֶ֥יהָ יִתְמֹֽכוּ׃
KJV: her steps take hold on hell.

Proverbs 7:27 
HEB: דַּרְכֵ֣י שְׁא֣וֹל בֵּיתָ֑הּ יֹ֝רְד֗וֹת
KJV: [is] the way to hell, going down

Proverbs 9:18 
HEB: שָׁ֑ם בְּעִמְקֵ֖י שְׁא֣וֹל קְרֻאֶֽיהָ׃ פ
KJV: [are] in the depths of hell.

Proverbs 15:11 
HEB: שְׁא֣וֹל וַ֭אֲבַדּוֹן נֶ֣גֶד
KJV: Hell and destruction

Proverbs 15:24 
HEB: לְמַ֥עַן ס֝֗וּר מִשְּׁא֥וֹל מָֽטָּה׃ 
KJV: that he may depart from hell beneath.

Proverbs 23:14 
HEB: תַּכֶּ֑נּוּ וְ֝נַפְשׁ֗וֹ מִשְּׁא֥וֹל תַּצִּֽיל׃ 
KJV: and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Proverbs 27:20 
HEB: שְׁא֣וֹל [וַאֲבַדֹּה כ]
KJV: Hell and destruction are never

Proverbs 30:16 
HEB: שְׁאוֹל֮ וְעֹ֪צֶ֫ר רָ֥חַם
KJV: The grave; and the barren womb;

Ecclesiastes 9:10 
HEB: וְדַ֣עַת וְחָכְמָ֔ה בִּשְׁא֕וֹל אֲשֶׁ֥ר אַתָּ֖ה
KJV: nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Songs 8:6 
HEB: אַהֲבָ֔ה קָשָׁ֥ה כִשְׁא֖וֹל קִנְאָ֑ה רְשָׁפֶ֕יהָ
KJV: [is] cruel as the grave: the coals

Isaiah 5:14 
HEB: לָכֵ֗ן הִרְחִ֤יבָה שְּׁאוֹל֙ נַפְשָׁ֔הּ וּפָעֲרָ֥ה
KJV: Therefore hell hath enlarged herself,

Isaiah 7:11 
HEB: אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ הַעְמֵ֣ק שְׁאָ֔לָה א֖וֹ הַגְבֵּ֥הַּ
NAS: make [it] deep as Sheol or

Isaiah 14:9 
HEB: שְׁא֗וֹל מִתַּ֛חַת רָגְזָ֥ה
KJV: Hell from beneath is moved

Isaiah 14:11 
HEB: הוּרַ֥ד שְׁא֛וֹל גְּאוֹנֶ֖ךָ הֶמְיַ֣ת
KJV: is brought down to the grave, [and] the noise

Isaiah 14:15 
HEB: אַ֧ךְ אֶל־ שְׁא֛וֹל תּוּרָ֖ד אֶל־
KJV: Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides

Isaiah 28:15 
HEB: מָ֔וֶת וְעִם־ שְׁא֖וֹל עָשִׂ֣ינוּ חֹזֶ֑ה
KJV: with death, and with hell are we

Isaiah 28:18 
HEB: וְחָזוּתְכֶ֥ם אֶת־ שְׁא֖וֹל לֹ֣א תָק֑וּם
KJV: and your agreement with hell shall not stand;

Isaiah 38:10 
HEB: אֵלֵ֖כָה בְּשַׁעֲרֵ֣י שְׁא֑וֹל פֻּקַּ֖דְתִּי יֶ֥תֶר
KJV: to the gates of the grave: I am deprived

Isaiah 38:18 
HEB: כִּ֣י לֹ֥א שְׁא֛וֹל תּוֹדֶ֖ךָּ מָ֣וֶת
KJV: For the grave cannot praise

Isaiah 57:9 
HEB: וַתַּשְׁפִּ֖ילִי עַד־ שְׁאֽוֹל׃ 
KJV: and didst debase [thyself even] unto hell.

Ezekiel 31:15 
HEB: בְּי֨וֹם רִדְתּ֤וֹ שְׁא֙וֹלָה֙ הֶאֱבַ֜לְתִּי כִּסֵּ֤תִי
KJV: when he went down to the grave I caused a mourning:

Ezekiel 31:16 
HEB: בְּהוֹרִדִ֥י אֹת֛וֹ שְׁא֖וֹלָה אֶת־ י֣וֹרְדֵי
KJV: when I cast him down to hell with them that descend

Ezekiel 31:17 
HEB: אִתּ֛וֹ יָרְד֥וּ שְׁא֖וֹלָה אֶל־ חַלְלֵי־
KJV: They also went down into hell with him unto [them that be] slain

Ezekiel 32:21 
HEB: גִבּוֹרִ֛ים מִתּ֥וֹךְ שְׁא֖וֹל אֶת־ עֹֽזְרָ֑יו
KJV: to him out of the midst of hell with them that help

Ezekiel 32:27 
HEB: אֲשֶׁ֣ר יָרְדֽוּ־ שְׁא֣וֹל בִּכְלֵֽי־ מִלְחַמְתָּם֩
KJV: which are gone down to hell with their weapons

HEB: מִיַּ֤ד שְׁאוֹל֙ אֶפְדֵּ֔ם מִמָּ֖וֶת
KJV: them from the power of the grave; I will redeem

HEB: אֱהִ֤י קָֽטָבְךָ֙ שְׁא֔וֹל נֹ֖חַם יִסָּתֵ֥ר
KJV: be thy plagues; O grave, I will

Amos 9:2 
HEB: אִם־ יַחְתְּר֣וּ בִשְׁא֔וֹל מִשָּׁ֖ם יָדִ֣י
KJV: Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand

Jonah 2:2 
HEB: וַֽיַּעֲנֵ֑נִי מִבֶּ֧טֶן שְׁא֛וֹל שִׁוַּ֖עְתִּי שָׁמַ֥עְתָּ
KJV: me; out of the belly of hell cried

Habakkuk 2:5 
HEB: אֲשֶׁר֩ הִרְחִ֨יב כִּשְׁא֜וֹל נַפְשׁ֗וֹ וְה֤וּא
KJV: his desire as hell, and [is] as death,

Sixty-six times the word was used and it was translated "grave" for the KJV just about as often as it was translated as "hell." That's NOT a mistake!

I see you are still teaching your nonsense, And twisting the scriptures, Hebrew and Greek. You really are very naughty.

7 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Alan Hales.

"Very naughty?" Just how old are you, anyway? I'll tell you what. Why don't you ponder over the Scriptures I've listed for you above, and come to your own conclusions. This is all you can say: "I see you are still teaching your nonsense" and "twisting the Scriptures." But, you don't say how or make competent arguments to suggest otherwise; so, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I was trying to help you, but I can't force anyone to take help proffered. May God richly bless you, my brother Alan.

You mean the scriptures that you twisted to fit your erroneous beliefs. Please stop giving your nonsense.  People on here can see how Biblically ignorant you are.

Hebrew scholars say Hell, "Sheol", is wrongly rendered "The grave", As well as the Biblical proof that Hell and the grave are two different places. Hell is "Sheol" In the Hebrew, and "Hades" in the Greek, Whereas

The Grave, is, "Qeber" in the Hebrew and, "Mnemeion" in the Greek. Jesus is the Biblical proof, as His body, Greek, "Soma" was in a tomb, Matt 27:  59--60. also called  Menmeion, And His sould was in Hell, "Hades, Acts 2: 27--31.

The same Greek word and place as Lk 16: 25.  So stop your nonsense.

Edited by Alan Hales

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Alan Hales said:

You mean the scriptures that you twisted to fit your erroneous beliefs. Please stop giving your nonsense.  People on here can see how Biblically ignorant you are.

Hebrew scholars say Hell, "Sheol", is wrongly rendered "The grave", As well as the Biblical proof that Hell and the grave are two different places. Hell is "Sheol" In the Hebrew, and "Hades" in the Greek, Whereas

The Grave, is, "Qeber" in the Hebrew and, "Mnemeion" in the Greek. Jesus is the Biblical proof, as His body, Greek, "Soma" was in a tomb, Matt 27:  59--60. also called  Menmeion, And His sould was in Hell, "Hades, Acts 2: 27--31.

The same Greek word and place as Lk 16: 25.  So stop your nonsense.

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted!  We also reserve the right to remove any member from any thread for any of these violations. Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)https://www.worthychristianforums.com/terms

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

On 10/7/2018 at 2:52 AM, Alan Hales said:

I see you are still teaching your nonsense, And twisting the scriptures, Hebrew and Greek. You really are very naughty.

Removed from thread.

• 6 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 9/21/2013 at 9:59 AM, blessedpeter said:

Soul means the animating principle. The soul gives form to our body. The soul is what builds material substance into the shape of the body, and what makes the material substance of the body "alive". The higher functions of the soul, i.e. abstract thought, intellect, are called "spirit" as they do not deal with maintaining the body (building and animating).

What you are ascribing to the soul is actually the spirit of man. The spirit of man is the inner man, the hidden man of the spirit being that is the person.

That is the part of the believer that makes contact with God.. in prayer.. and by His word that is spirit. And is addressed first to the spirit man.. although it can be and is of benefit to the soul and body as well.

The heart (spirit man) believes. The word of God is like a seed that is sown in the heart. The soul is to meditate on that word that was sown in the heart.

And out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.. without even prior thinking of what to say. That way the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.

When a person (consisting of spirit, soul and body) is dead, it is because the spirit has left the body. The soul is the intellect, the thinking area of man. The soul is where dreams are. The soul is where emotions come from. The soul remembers. The body connects with the world by the 5 senses.

The spirit man is where the Spirit of God resides in the believer. God does not reside in the soul. God does not reside in the body.

The body eats food that sustains the body. The soul feeds on intellectual food, or amusements, or meditates on God's word. The spirit feeds on God's word to grow thereby. (Peter said "desire the sincere milk of the word to grow thereby".. Jesus said "man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God".. Jeremiah said "I found your word and ate it and it was to me a delight of my heart.".. Paul said "I delight in the law of God according to my inner man.")

The higher functions of the soul can not attain to or understand the spiritual things of God. They must be revealed by the Spirit of God to the spirit man. (1 Cor.2:9-10)

The Bible says of God "Surely You desire truth in the inmost being; You teach me wisdom in the inmost place."

Abstract thought and intellect are what the ungodly use therefore that cannot be spirit. To the ungodly God said "My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts are higher than your thoughts."

And therefore the thoughts and intellect cannot be spirit for the believer either. God said to the believers "Lean not to your own understanding but trust in the Lord with all your heart."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Every living thing has a Body a soul and spirit. The body is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell, (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27: 52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10.
The soul is that invisible part which feels , the seat of his emotions and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).
t
The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows the seat of his intellect, mind and will, and that which gives him self determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2;11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21;Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 1:27; Heb. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,585
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 4/30/2019 at 11:03 PM, HAZARD said:

Every living thing has a Body a soul and spirit. The body is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell, (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27: 52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10.
The soul is that invisible part which feels , the seat of his emotions and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).
t
The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows the seat of his intellect, mind and will, and that which gives him self determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2;11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21;Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 1:27; Heb. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

Shalom, Hazard.

You said, "Every living thing has a Body a soul and spirit. The body is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell, (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27: 52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10." OR, so goes the theological rhetoric. The truth of Scripture is much simpler than that. Actually, one should say, "Every living thing on earth (the ground) is a body that has a spirit (breath), making it a living soul (air-breathing creature)." (That's what Genesis 2:7 says.)

7 And the LORD God formed man (NOT the "body of the man") of the dust of the ground, and breathed (Hebrew: vayyipah = "and-puffed") into his nostrils the breath of life (Hebrew: nishmat chayiym = "a-puff of-living-[creatures]"); and man became a living soul (Hebrew: nefesh chayyaah = "air-breathing-[creature] living").

Genesis 2:19 (KJV)

19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature (Hebrew: nefesh chayyaah = "[each] air-breathing-[creature] living"), that was the name thereof.

John 5:28-29 (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (Greek: kriseoos = "judgment").

I'm going to stop after this passage, but my question about these verses is "Why are they even in such a list?" These verses say NOTHING about "body, soul, and spirit!" In fact, they are verses that SUPPORT the idea that we ARE "bodies," who do NOT come out of our graves until we hear His voice, implying that the re-creation of us as bodies has occurred to the point that we have ears LITERALLY to be able to hear Him and obey Him by exiting our tombs!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Hazard.

You said, "Every living thing has a Body a soul and spirit. The body is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell, (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27: 52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10." OR, so goes the theological rhetoric. The truth of Scripture is much simpler than that. Actually, one should say, "Every living thing on earth (the ground) is a body that has a spirit (breath), making it a living soul (air-breathing creature)." (That's what Genesis 2:7 says.)

7 And the LORD God formed man (NOT the "body of the man") of the dust of the ground, and breathed (Hebrew: vayyipah = "and-puffed") into his nostrils the breath of life (Hebrew: nishmat chayiym = "a-puff of-living-[creatures]"); and man became a living soul (Hebrew: nefesh chayyaah = "air-breathing-[creature] living").

Genesis 2:19 (KJV)

19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature (Hebrew: nefesh chayyaah = "[each] air-breathing-[creature] living"), that was the name thereof.

John 5:28-29 (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (Greek: kriseoos = "judgment").

I'm going to stop after this passage, but my question about these verses is "Why are they even in such a list?" These verses say NOTHING about "body, soul, and spirit!" In fact, they are verses that SUPPORT the idea that we ARE "bodies," who do NOT come out of our graves until we hear His voice, implying that the re-creation of us as bodies has occurred to the point that we have ears LITERALLY to be able to hear Him and obey Him by exiting our tombs!

Hi Retrobyter. You wrote; "And the LORD God formed man (NOT the "body of the man") of the dust of the ground, and breathed (Hebrew: vayyipah = "and-puffed") into his nostrils the breath of life (Hebrew: nishmat chayiym = "a-puff of-living-[creatures]"); and man became a living soul (Hebrew: nefesh chayyaah = "air-breathing-[creature] living").

So, you do not have a body?

Our bodies after death stay in the grave, its our spirit, our soul which goes to Heaven after death. We are reunited with our bodies later.